The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They're scared.

Trump is terrified that Democrats sweeping the 3 off-year gov elections (MS, LA, KY) would show how bigly bad he's going to lose in 2020.

Bevin is properly fucked - everyone hates him.  JBE is pretty popular, just about every big name declined to run.  MS is the least likely, but could still happen (remember, they have that BS Jim Crowe era law that the winner also has to win a majority of state districts or the Lege chooses the winner). 

2/3 would be a monumental disaster for Republicans considering these are solidly GOP states and portend a bigly bad 2020

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Weren't they running around arguing that Democrats should return Weinstein's donations?

It's amazing, the double standard. The blatant hypocrisy. The rules of normal decency don't apply to them. If you have any sort of sexual misconduct in your past, the GOP is the party for you. Al Franken was forced to resign while Kavanaugh and Thomas are on the Supreme Court, Donald Trump is president, and Roy Moore may run again. 

• Like 2

political foes of @realDonaldTrump hoping to defeat him in 2020 by any desperate means possible.

desperate means like people voting?

Well, it doesn’t get any more outrageous than that. That’s why the GOP is heroically defending the beautiful, magnificent United States by making sure that people don’t vote. You’re welcome.

NSIAP (and this is from a year ago):  Still relevant now.

Today’s Republican Party is nothing more than a gross celebration of inequality. It is loose collective of yahoos and rich assholes and fringe libertarians and pious hypocrites whose only shared trait is their vindictiveness. You can see it in Trump’s fervent undoing of every Obama-era policy. And all the “good” conservatives out there—be they corporate raiders like Mitt Romney, or Bush-era warmongers like David Frum, or even pleasantly niche conservative thinkers like Daniel Larison—who think Buckley would be appalled by Trump are wrong. The old fucker’s ghost would be right there with Trump to stomp on the brake pedal of American progress. His own unreadable magazine handed its spine to Trump long ago, and I see no reason why Buckley himself would have been any different. This may not be [Rubio voice] quite how he envisioned it, but it's still very much the byproduct of conservative purity.

And so it’s long past time to stop giving credence to conservatism as a whole, to treat it as the failed intellectual exercise it has proven to be. Look where it’s gotten us—endless war, mass incarceration, mass shootings, mass opioid death, mass inequality, for-profit schools and jails, virtually legalized white collar fraud, open racism, suppressed voting rights—and tell me it’s worth anything. Tell me this wasn't the PLAN all along, so that the comfortable can remain comfortable. I say this as someone who has seen liberalism fail in all sorts of predictable, hilarious ways. The Democrats are a perpetual mess. Occupy Wall Street fell apart thanks to its complete lack of leadership. Opening a small business in certain cities requires enough paperwork to make you kill yourself. Liberalism isn’t without its faults. But the ideal of a liberal democratic America that features things like, oh, I dunno, free education and free health care, maybe even free housing and a basic guaranteed income? That is not a pipe dream. That is not impractical. That is not a slippery slope to becoming East Germany.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

This is literally what you people voted for 

Okies: LESS GOVERNMENT STOP TAKING OUR TAXES TO PAY FOR THINGS

National Weather Service gets shut down.  Bunch of tornadoes kill a bunch of Okies with no warning.

Okies: THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IS DIFFERENT.  BRING IT BACK!

Is it possible for a person to care less about the environment than Trump?

The thing is, “the environment” is no different than anything else in the group of things that is “not Trump.” He cares about Trump. He doesn’t care about anything else.
  • Like 2

The Rs along with RushHannityFox have been playing this game for >25 years. When you go home to your district, you say all the buzz words that please your base. Lower taxes, healthcare across state lines, strong military, responsible fiscal policy, free market, etc. When you go back to DC you work like hell to obtain more power and $$$, and in your spare time you try to undermine any good that the black, muslim president accomplished. Give it to the libs, and good.

Trump/Bannon took that to a whole new level in the '16 campaign. Just saying Build the Wall a thousand times was enough for many voters. 

• Like 1

• 1. Office in the West Wing.
  • 2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
  • 3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
  • 4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  • 5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  • 6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
  • 7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
  • 8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
  • 9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
  • 10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.

11 minutes ago, HenryJames said:
  • 1. Office in the West Wing.
  • 2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
  • 3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
  • 4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  • 5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  • 6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
  • 7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
  • 8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
  • 9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
  • 10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.

the fact that we are scraping the barrel so much that this turd is in the position demand anything of anyone is an embarrassment.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Holy shit at number 5. That’s completely fucked up.

To be fair, this is Kris Kobach.  He's entitled.  'Cause #MAGA and Fox News loves him.

Real question is who leaked this list to the Times in order to (hopefully) torpedo any chances he has at the job.

It has yet to be decided whether the czar position would be housed within Homeland Security or within the White House, which would not require Senate confirmation.

A person positioned within the White House could coordinate immigration policy across various agencies, working closely with aides who are deeply involved in the issue, including senior advisers Stephen Miller and Jared Kushner, national security adviser John Bolton and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who supports the idea.

https://www.apnews.com/40654a1b83eb45e3b661903305083d9e

can i only assume that this is yet another position that doesn't need to be confirmed?

Is it one that they’re just making up, but that will have power OVER actual cabinet positions? Then, of course it doesn’t need confirmation.

When ALL of these chickens come home to roost under President AOC someday, remember how the GOP was just fine with this approach. This is the new normal.

i was supposed to have lunch a couple weeks ago with an attorney buddy who is the former asst sec'y for dhs (under both w and obama).

he's pushed it back a couple times, and now we're having beers instead.  the list of shit i want to discuss with him keeps getting longer.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.

So all those troops they want to send to the border, do they get to spend their weekends with their families?  And what about the aircrews that he needs to shuttle him around, do they get the weekends with their families?

Kobach sounds like the epitome of Entitled Big Government. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

22 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

to be fair, if someone wanted me to work for this administration, my list of demands would be fucking outrageous.

This is a very good point. I struggle to come up with the list of demands I would make because they would necessarily include somehow insuring I don’t wind up in jail, despite it all. May actually be impossible. 

18 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This is a very good point. I struggle to come up with the list of demands I would make because they would necessarily include somehow insuring I don’t wind up in jail, despite it all. May actually be impossible. 

Lol, that's noob shit there man. 

Obviously you make condition #11 that you have power over every prosecuting agency in the country. Come on man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

To be fair, this is Kris Kobach.  He's entitled.  'Cause #MAGA and Fox News loves him.

Real question is who leaked this list to the Times in order to (hopefully) torpedo any chances he has at the job.

#5 is trump's primary demand from the immigration czar.  Best way to bypass the Senate's advice and consent when replacing Nielsen.  Just name someone to a non-cabinet invented position, overseeing the DHS secretary.  Constitution.  Shmonstitution.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult