The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 11/11/2019 at 9:20 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Starting in 2021, how many House Republicans from Obama’s era will be left in Congress?  Maybe 100?

There was a report that 40% of the 241 Republicans that served in the House  from 2017 to 2019 are gone or resigned. That should be over 50% by January 2021. So fewer than 120.

Note that the 241 number includes replacements during the session.

Edited by RayDog

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Current Vladimir Putin favorable numbers among US citizens.  Only 27% of republicans view him “very unfavorable.”

Among independents 38%, democrats 65%

03B73EC0-6236-432C-A21E-7E580F32FA60_zps

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/7umtlf80ov/econTabReport.pdf

Indpendents "well I just don't know what to think"....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Not very, but this particular guy seems possible given his connections to the Ukraine and Dept. of Education scandals.

So basically the Rs are stacking the deck for the next 50 years and there's fuck all we can do about it?  Haven't they confirmed literally 100s of these assholes?

I think the narrative is pretty off with Trump's appointments to district courts.  At least with respect to Texas, he's done well.  Maybe it is Cornyn and Cruz that should get credit for that though since they come through them.  He's gotten some in with voice votes, some with 90 votes.  A few tards, but not as many as the news makes it seem.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I think the narrative is pretty off with Trump's appointments to district courts.  At least with respect to Texas, he's done well.  Maybe it is Cornyn and Cruz that should get credit for that though since they come through them.  He's gotten some in with voice votes, some with 90 votes.  A few tards, but not as many as the news makes it seem.

This does not inspire confidence.  Trump, Cornyn, and Cruz?  That crack squad of wise decision making and above board behavior?  What could go wrong?

Alan Albright is in Waco.  Everyone knew he'd do well.  Got in on voice vote.  Counts was put up by Obama, it was returned, and Trump put him up again.  Cam Barker is a super genius, but had a very right leaning career because he worked for the Texas AG, so he's signed a lot of briefs that assert very right leaning positions.  I don't really hold that against him, even though all the D senators did.  Ada Brown got 80 votes.    Hendrix was another one nominated by Obama, returned, and Trump renominated.  Got 89 votes.

Whatever the process is, at least in Texas, it hasn't gone too haywire.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Alan Albright is in Waco.  Everyone knew he'd do well.  Got in on voice vote.  Counts was put up by Obama, it was returned, and Trump put him up again.  Cam Barker is a super genius, but had a very right leaning career because he worked for the Texas AG, so he's signed a lot of briefs that assert very right leaning positions.  I don't really hold that against him, even though all the D senators did.  Ada Brown got 80 votes.    Hendrix was another one nominated by Obama, returned, and Trump renominated.  Got 89 votes.

Karen Scholer was a good state district court judge (back then she was Karen Johnson) at least in my experience.  95-0 vote by the Senate.  Her son is a UT grad and my daughter and he are good friends.  I haven't appeared before her in federal court yet. 

I thought there was someone in TX, however, that was questionable (primarily based on lack of experience), but I could be mis-remembering.

2 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I thought there was someone in TX, however, that was questionable (primarily based on lack of experience), but I could be mis-remembering.

there are, but i'm not saying who.  no anonymity is anonymous enough to actually give a name.

point though is that trump hasn't been that bad in this regard, particularly given the way it's covered in the news.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

there are, but i'm not saying who.  no anonymity is anonymous enough to actually give a name.

point though is that trump hasn't been that bad in this regard, particularly given the way it's covered in the news.

This is true but its only because Trump has no idea what makes a good judge or not. Rule for trump - good judge! Rule against trump - bad judge! That’s the extent of his thinking on the subject. He’s not quite as dumb as we think he is but on this subject, yeah he’s really that dumb. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

All it would require is one Democratic billionaire willing to fund the left equivalent of the federalist society. In other words, we're more likely to colonize Pluto.

Yup. They’d rather run for President for no reason. 

7 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I went to high school with Hendrix, dude was a pathological liar about everything....even lied about shit that didn’t matter like where he ate lunch over the weekend and stuff like that.  It’s absolutely mind boggling that he did anything with his life, much less becoming a federal judge at a young age.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

I went to high school with Hendrix, dude was a pathological liar about everything....even lied about shit that didn’t matter like where he ate lunch over the weekend and stuff like that.  It’s absolutely mind boggling that he did anything with his life, much less becoming a federal judge at a young age.  

So, he's just like Trump

15 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

When I see shit like this I think to myself "Self, at least you have an edge over most of the people in the country."  Let the others become brainless idiots; the rest of us will fucking wreck shop and dunk on their stupid asses going forward.

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

When I see shit like this I think to myself "Self, at least you have an edge over most of the people in the country."  Let the others become brainless idiots; the rest of us will fucking wreck shop and dunk on their stupid asses going forward.

Not when their handlers have destroyed the rule of law and rigged the system to stay in minority control.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:34 PM, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I’ve figured out that it’s been present for a long time. And...I was a naive sucker for a long time.

It’s ok. You are not alone.   

I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I fell for it for a long time. Its important to be able to recognize when you were wrong. The older you get the harder that is to do, apparently. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

R+4 district. Stefanik been there for a while. Would love to vote her out.

Also, it seems significant that George Conway is now raising money for Democrats. I think the Dems should take a big tent approach and welcome all NeverTrumpers.

Yes, but, they can give and raise money and vote for. But they need to stop trying to turn Democrats into Republican-lite. 

• Like 1

And the best news about this big tent? Your problems and the things you face belong on the agenda too.

That’s the magic the Democratic Party needs to harness.

Rural, poor, agricultural, unskilled labor, opioid epidemic, middle class squeeze, all of the “white people” problems have a spot on the agenda too.

Let’s put it all out there and look across the table and see brothers and sisters not enemies and thieves taking your American dream from you.

• Like 2

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult