The movie you just watched

F250

We have our “night out at the movies” in my man cave. Last week we watched Dr. Zhivago in segments over three evenings. Last night we started on Tom Jones (1963) with Albert Finney. Have about 20 favorite classics on the DVR, plus another 100 hours of documentaries & specials. 

• Like 1

The Good Dinosaur on Disney+.

Gorgeous movie in DolbyVision 4K. Super realistic landscapes. I was super impressed that Pixar can pull this stuff off. Amazing.

Surprised me just how ‘brutal’ it was. Watch it and see. 
Not a Disney classic, but better than most crap out there.

On 3/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, workswithseed said:

The girlfriend never watched Space Jam before, and I have to say Bill Murray is the best part and the music is great. Otherwise it's bad.

Go *voice  crack* Bu-ulls

We watched this on a road trip recently and kids enjoyed it.

• Like 1

6 Underground - made it 10 minutes then turned it off. It's like a cheesier verious of F&F (is such a thing even possible?)

Mad Max Fury Road - first time seeing it since the theaters, really enjoyed it again

World War Z - it fit the apocalypse vibe going on. I like the movie okay. Yeah, the book is better, but they are completely different things other than the name.

Sound of Music - Julie Andrews, the family absolutely loved it.

Mary Poppins - Julie Andrews, the family could not get into and then couldn't stand it. I get the cockney accent is the case study on American's doing bad accents, but for my money, Step in Time and Chim-Chim-Cheree are the best in the biz.

I've watched a few of the Hershel Gordon Lewis movies that Criterion Collection put up.  This is pretty representative.  Deliverance meets Midsommer:   

I should probably mine more life-affirming veins of cinema until we're done with corona lockdown.

Edited by Continental Op

Sound of Music - Julie Andrews, the family absolutely loved it.
Mary Poppins - Julie Andrews, the family could not get into and then couldn't stand it. I get the cockney accent is the case study on American's doing bad accents, but for my money, Step in Time and Chim-Chim-Cheree are the best in the biz.

You sound like you have an intelligent family. Best in the biz? Depends on the biz. If we’re talking musical numbers from the 60’s, the line starts right behind this.

Assassination Nation on Hulu.  Same dude that created Euphoria on HBO.  It is batshit. And if you saw previews, it’s much more like Euphoria than the previews.  

1917.  Tremendous.  Will probably never see again.  

Reservoir Dogs, because I hadn’t  seen it 20 years.  Holds up.