The movie you just watched

F250

Twins are home from UT, each night they are re-watching in chronological order one of the 23 movies from the Marvel Universe.  They talked my wife and I into watching them for the first time .  Finished the films in Phase 1 yesterday, watched Iron Man 3 tonight which begins Phase 2.  Damn these flicks are fun.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Twins are home from UT, each night they are re-watching in chronological order one of the 23 movies from the Marvel Universe.  They talked my wife and I into watching them for the first time .  Finished the films in Phase 1 yesterday, watched Iron Man 3 tonight which begins Phase 2.  Damn these flicks are fun.

Did the same with my dad last year, now he's hooked as well.

1 hour ago, Zone Read said:

Bienvenido a la fiesta, amigo!

Man on Fire (2004). The goofy editing turned me off at first, and it doesn't bring anything to the table. But once you get used to it, this is a darn good film. It got like 38% on RT, which proves 62% of reviewers are idiots.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill them."

• Like 4

TCM Underground is serving up a double feature of women in prison movies this week.  The first half of the bill was the Roger Corman-produced Caged Heat, which was the directorial debut of Jonathan Demme.  Pure brain candy with endless gratuitous shower scenes.  Worth a look if you enjoy lowbrow stuff.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

TCM Underground is serving up a double feature of women in prison movies this week.  The first half of the bill was the Roger Corman-produced Caged Heat, which was the directorial debut of Jonathan Demme.  Pure brain candy with endless gratuitous shower scenes.  Worth a look if you enjoy lowbrow stuff.  

Yeah just came by to talk about it.  I love 70s B movies because the conventions weren't formed yet.  I had no idea what was going to happen and the ending caught me off-guard.  That Warden was one weird cat.  And yes it helped that they were all model prisoners.

On 4/8/2020 at 5:54 AM, BNB said:

fuck, I just noticed I am neg from posting about politics.)

Join the club.  It's ridiculous that function works in the cloak room.

On 4/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, BNB said:

(fuck, I just noticed I am neg from posting about politics.)

I'll throw ya a bone for Yesterday and Blinded By the Light. Both solid films so you can't be all bad.

Not a film, but I'm really enjoying going back through From The Earth to The Moon on blu-ray.

Edited by RPM

13 hours ago, Parliament said:

Man on Fire (2004). The goofy editing turned me off at first, and it doesn't bring anything to the table. But once you get used to it, this is a darn good film. It got like 38% on RT, which proves 62% of reviewers are idiots.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill them."

“last wish?  I wish... you had... more time.”

Watching movies together separately with the kids through facetime as we're all in separate cities.  Started with The Wicker Man last weekend and gonna try Burning (Korean film) tonight. 

Similar to what we did a few years ago where we'd go see the same movie on the same day and then discuss it the next day.

If you like It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World, I highly recommend a 70's version of something similar in What's Up Doc.  Streisand, Ryan O'neal and Madeline Kahn.

Just on TCM.  It really is a classic.  The scene with the judge is non stop with laugh out loud lines.

Streisand was pretty hot in this. Fight me or check it out for yourself.

*and directed by Peter Bogdanovich

Edited by Mach 1
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:17 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Logan Lucky - great watch, loved it

saw it this evening.  good movie.  but channing tatum is an awful actor and daniel craig’s “accent” was a distraction the whole time.  I don’t understand why the casting directors get it in their head that they just have to have a guy, even if the part is a southern redneck and the actor is a dirty brit.  the accent was worse than kevin costner playing robin hood.  that casting director should never work again. 

Tomorrow Never Dies, and I don't know why this movie gets dumped on.  Better theme than Goldeneye, and it captures the late 90's better.  Rogue Russian military gear, an evil medial barron, Teri Hatcher in a high-cut thong.  Also prophetic.  Self-driving cars and a kerfluffle in the South China sea.

On 4/11/2020 at 2:53 AM, Continental Op said:

and by "lowbrow" I assume you mean 

giphy.gif

On 4/11/2020 at 7:20 PM, CrownKing said:

Watched Bone Tomahawk last night on Prime. Good western with some great scenery. Ending I thought was rushed but worth a watch. 

I was not prepared for the gore in this.

Watched "Frequency" with Quaid and Jim Cazezeel or however you spell it.  Had seen it before, but once again in my advanced age my memory is apparently failing and it was basically first watch over again.  Good idea, always a sucker for time travel stuff.  Good father/son flick.

Bone Tomahawk for the third time. I love recommending this to people and then waiting for their reaction. Love this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Watching Sophie’s Choice for the first time in probably 25 years. Streep & Kline are amazing.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:37 PM, Parliament said:

Tomorrow Never Dies, and I don't know why this movie gets dumped on.  Better theme than Goldeneye, and it captures the late 90's better.  Rogue Russian military gear, an evil medial barron, Teri Hatcher in a high-cut thong.  Also prophetic.  Self-driving cars and a kerfluffle in the South China sea.

Every issue gawked about in TND is still being debated.  It's the most relevant Bond flic out there, swapping out the newspaper for the internet is the only update the script would need to be made today.