The movie you just watched

F250

On 4/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, Parliament said:

The Way of the Gun.  Kinda slow and Julliette Lewis is annoying.  So is Sarah Silverman, but at least she got punched.

“So are you the brains of this operation?”

“Tell you the truth, I don’t think this a brains-type operation”

Cuban Fury - Nick Frost has a hidden talent, he's a great salsa dancer with a legend for inspiration... Ian McShane. He revives his dancing to get in Rashida Jones' pants.

Entertaining 2014 britcom.

Also, Stroker Ace is Jim Nabors best performance.

Edited by RPM
Gollly

I'm sure I will get some slack for this. Sixteen Candles was on the other day. It was pretty funny. I think Ringwald was better in this than in The Breakfast Club. And Anthony Michael Hall was terrific. So was The Donger.

Why would you get flack for that? It was a solid movie, really definitive for the time. Yeah...the Donger bit was kinda archaically racist, but again, a different time.

I caught The Dancer Upstairs on one of the Starz channels this morning. Starred Javier Bardem and directed by some fellow named John Malkovich. It’s a crime/political thriller set in some Latin American country whose chief product seems to be hot ballet moms. Aye carumba 

• Like 1

Arkansas- laughably bad, like so bad that it seems like it was made specifically so it could be panned by the MST3000 crew.

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a piss poor effort, but like a train wreck, I found it difficult to turn away. The soundtrack is especially hilarious and terribad.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, tbone_ said:

Nothing wrong with liking 16 candles. Great flick.

Something seriously wrong with not liking this.

Things repeated in my family every year:  WHERE. Is my automobile?  Lake, big Lake.  Canine cologne!  Interesting____ in pie shape.  You don't ____ it!  You eat it!   Duck's dork.  The chinaman in _______'s room.  JAKE!  Dong (clap clap)  Dong!.  The donger need food!  They live for that shit!  She's gotten her boobies.  Maddied?  No more yanky my wanky.

I've often wondered if move Jimmy Montrose was left on the cutting room floor.

iDU-zz.gif

I am a sucker for French women, and Cotillard is no exception.
Just watched Troop Zero on Amazon with the family. It was good enough, had a good heart, and the young lead was great. Viola Davis is fantastic in everything she does. And the 70s period piece angle was fun for us.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:20 AM, 52-80 said:

the Long Shot.  seth rogan comedy.  overall meh.  But it has a dressed-up Charlize Theron, and when she's on she's on.  What a striking female. 

When she tells him to do what he wants but then flip her over and choke her I nearly busted.

She can still throw 98 on the corners.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, mr. sunshine said:

I caught The Dancer Upstairs on one of the Starz channels this morning. Starred Javier Bardem and directed by some fellow named John Malkovich. It’s a crime/political thriller set in some Latin American country whose chief product seems to be hot ballet moms. Aye carumba 

On 5/21/2020 at 9:28 PM, Beau Vine said:

Just watched this:

p17138788_v_v8_aa.jpg

Holy shit, what a great movie -- and free on Prime.

99% on RT.  One of the reviews called it "Fargo with lobsters."  

Saw the trailer for this and it's going on my list for this week.  

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - Enjoyed it.  Would like to have seen more of Mr. Rogers side of life.  But there is a hint or two in the movie that he was human just like the rest of us.  

Se7en - Brad Pitt's character deserves a punch in the face almost every time he opens his mouth...maybe it's just the old man in me talking.  Anyways,  I remember watching Spacey in Wiseguy about 30 years ago and thinking, this dude is going to be famous.  Too bad he picked up the notoriety that he did after he achieved his fame.

Edited by BonzoMontreaux
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Seberg (2019)

I liked it.  I thought Kristen Stewart and Margaret Qualley (sp?) both looked good, and you didn't have to see Qualley's feet up against the windshield.

Not much happened,but it was kind of a stylish story and held my interest.

hqdefault.jpg

636125535967907394-Seberg-07.1.3A-small.

I'll have to check this out. Always liked Jean Seberg and wondered why she dropped off the map. Figured Hollywood moved on to another hot blonde or she married rich. Wasn't expecting this.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This thread somehow missed the Nic Cage marathon on cable. Vampire’s Kiss is on right now. My goodness, what a batshit crazy SOB. If he didn’t have the National Treasure money, Cage would almost certainly be homeless. 

If you want pure uncut batshit crazy Nic Cage I recommend watching Mandy and/or The Color Out of Space.

• Like 1