The movie you just watched

F250

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d give Rio Bravo the edge. Prime Angie Dickinson. Dean Martin sings. Stumpy. John Wayne saying “Colorado”. 

I also give the edge to Rio Bravo, one of my favorite westerns.  Dean Martin was totally believable as the drunk cop.  El Dorado is good too with a better score, it's more of a hootenanny comedy.

58 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d give Rio Bravo the edge. Prime Angie Dickinson. Dean Martin sings. Stumpy. John Wayne saying “Colorado”. 

Not an easy call, but I can't say I disagree.  I prefer Mitchum over Martin as the washed-up sheriff, but give me Angie Dickinson in the "female role."  And, as you note, Rio Bravo has Walter Brennan, who although he apparently was a miserable prick in real life, was a great character actor.  

Rio Lobo finishes in third, but is another worthwhile movie in the same vein. 

On 5/29/2020 at 10:03 PM, Carl Spackler said:

Not an easy call, but I can't say I disagree.  I prefer Mitchum over Martin as the washed-up sheriff, but give me Angie Dickinson in the "female role."  And, as you note, Rio Bravo has Walter Brennan, who although he apparently was a miserable prick in real life, was a great character actor.  

Rio Lobo finishes in third, but is another worthwhile movie in the same vein. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Back to School. I know a lot of people of certain age love this movie. *Hot take to follow*: 

Rodney Dangerfield is great of course, but he’s one of the few bright spots. I realize it’s an important film as it inspired classics like Old School, but the son isn’t likeable and the female lead just didn’t do it for me. The hot water tub scene snorkeling scene was pretty funny. “Say he’ll to my nieces”.

Should have gone for a hard R rating and increased the debauchery. 

Vast of Night on Prime.

Set in the 1950s New Mexico (filmed in Whitney and Hillsboro) sci-fi, Twilight Zone, aliens film.

Wonderful cinematography, good dialogue, and acting.  Just an overall unique feel and vibe

Eerier than scary.

Would recommend.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, ajax said:

Aloha

What the hell happened to Cameron Crowe? 

Say Anything, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous and then drove a Segway over a cliff to his death. Replaced by a clone but unfortunately the DNA sample it was derived from contained pee, dirt and possibly rat droppings.

That’s the most rational explanation I can come up with 

Just fired up Big Lights, Big City. Michael J. Fox, Phoebe Cates, and Kiefer Sutherland. I think movies about the 80's are better than movies from the 80's, 

Edit: I bailed. Sexy Beast is a much better choice. Mr. French's second best movie. Maybe Ben Kingsley's best role.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 6/3/2020 at 10:13 PM, F250 said:

I rewatched Lords of Dogtown and somehow liked it a lot better than the first time I watched it when it first came out.

Highlight of the film was Heath Ledger, I forgot how great he was at acting.

U may be interested in  dog town and z-boys with Sean penn narrating

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Say Anything, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous and then drove a Segway over a cliff to his death. Replaced by a clone but unfortunately the DNA sample it was derived from contained pee, dirt and possibly rat droppings.

That’s the most rational explanation I can come up with 

Don’t leave off singles.