The movie you just watched

F250

6 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Damn, surly is going soft.  I'm sure I didn't do too much damage to your precious rep.

Eurovision was great.  And it was exactly what I expected.  Have you never seen a Will Ferrell movie before?

I've seen the good ones. Not the ones like Pitch Perfect.

Edited by Bash Riprock

9 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I've seen the good ones. Not the ones like Pitch Perfect.

So you knew the movie was going to be like Pitch Perfect, which you don''t like.  Then you watched it and didn't like it because it's like Pitch Perfect?  Interesting choice.

4 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

So you knew the movie was going to be like Pitch Perfect, which you don''t like.  Then you watched it and didn't like it because it's like Pitch Perfect?  Interesting choice.

No because you liked Pitched Perfect. Makes sense that you liked this shit. 

Why is your vag so sandy because I didn't like EuroVision?

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

Another vote for Eurovision sucking.

Fighting with my Family wasn't good either.

Speaking of new wifes....my wife picked these 2.  I can't shake my head enough at her selections.

So when will you watch My Spy on Amazon Prime? lol 

MV5BNjZmZGRiMDgtNDkwNi00OTZhLWFhZmMtYTdk

I've wanted to watch it for awhile after seeing it on some best heist movie lists.  I also wondered how the famous 30 minute scene with no music or dialogue would hold up.  I hadn't seen it streaming anywhere but the Museum of Fine Art Houston has a deal where you can rent it.  It ends tomorrow though:

https://www.mfah.org/visit/movie-night-at-mfah-films/

I liked it a lot.  It keeps the tension high even during that long scene.  You can see how it influenced lots of what came after.  Even the Italian giving them away by giving his girl a present reminded me of Goodfellas.  The ending was kind of a downer though.  It should have either gone really dark and have him wipe out and kill the kid or the mom should have grabbed the suitcase out of the car.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Parliament said:
4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:
Watched the Darkest Hour again this weekend. Oldman is so great in that movie....almost Daniel Day-Lewis great.

dh2.png?w=736

The movie itself was kinda forgettable though.

sort of agree with you. thats why i watched it again. because i forgot it the first time.

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Is TD Season 3 worth it?

Much like Season 1, the actors and their performances are much more interesting than the story. I’d give Season 1 an A, Season 3 a B+, and Season 2 a C. Season 2’s only redeeming qualities are Colin Farell’s performance and Kelly Reilly being very attractive. 

I don’t want to derail the thread, but dark Vince Vaughn is underrated. 

Watched the original Parent Trap last night with my kids.  They've never seen it before and I haven't seen it in 20 plus years.  

It still holds up pretty well.  Brian Keith is good in it. 

And Maureen OHara.  She was never not great in a movie.

What a woman.  She had it all

NaBJ.gif

H25o.gif

H25f.gif

23 hours ago, Underdog said:

Watching this tonight at the Drive-In, Jurassic Park is the 2nd feature which we may only stay long enough to see T-Rex...

jaws3.jpg

Fucking flash was on my iphone, didn't get it turned off in time for the Jaws title shot.  Only missing watching this classic in Imax form, somehow needs to happen.  

• Like 1

Watched the original Parent Trap last night with my kids.  They've never seen it before and I haven't seen it in 20 plus years.  
It still holds up pretty well.  Brian Keith is good in it. 
And Maureen OHara.  She was never not great in a movie.
What a woman.  She had it all

NaBJ.gif

H25o.gif
H25f.gif

Holds up great. We watched it a few weeks ago and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Watched Zombieland 2 and enjoyed it. More importantly I am officially a huge fan of Zoe Deutch and will watch everything she’s in. Helps that her Mom is Leah Thompson.

Also - the post credits with Bill Murray was great.

9 hours ago, wutang75 said:

Watched Zombieland 2 and enjoyed it. More importantly I am officially a huge fan of Zoe Deutch and will watch everything she’s in. Helps that her Mom is Leah Thompson.

Also - the post credits with Bill Murray was great.

Zoe could get it.  Y'namsayan?

On 6/27/2020 at 11:34 PM, satyanash said:

Just saw Uncut Gems. Hell of a movie, it's legitimately stressful to watch lol. Sandler knocked it out of the park, and Kevin Garnett gave a much better acting performance than I would have expected from an NBA player.

Also, and this bears repeating, Julia Fox is an absolute smokeshow.

Agree with all of this.

edit: julia fox is a little thicc for my taste, but still would.

herecka-julia-fox-na-evente-gq-s-men-of-

Edited by High Plains Drifter

Just finished The Outpost (bought it on Amazon but you can rent it as well).  Based on true story of the Battle of Kamdesh in Afghanistan.   Very well done movie considering non "name" stars in it and an amazing story.    

Eastwood's son sounds exactly like him at times, spooky.

Edited by Duckman
  • Like 1

Ok, now it's true, the majority of students today are so cravenly PC, they wouldn't know a good time if it was sitting on their face, but there's one thing that will always unite us and them. They're young. They may not realize it yet. They've got the same raging hormones, the same self-destructive desire to get boldly trashed and wildly out of control. Look out that window! That's not a protest! That is cry for help! They're begging us...

Fuck this holds up. Not a bad scene in the movie. Crazy it never was converted to HD. Can’t buy on iTunes or Amazon. Streaming nowhere. YouTube has a damn handy cam version. Just dead on ballz accurate 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

I watched The Captain the other night.  Foreign film.  Black and white.  Everyone speaks German (English subtitles).   I never really got a good sense of what drove the main character's thinking/decision making so some aspects of the story (derived from his decisions) didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but overall, it had some powerful scenes and evoked thoughtful contemplation.  I enjoyed it.