The movie you just watched

F250

So a little tangent. I’m lookin at a friend’s Plex library and he just added a russian movie from 1979 called Stalker. 
The description reads like a Stephen King/David lynch movie. It’s scores are 100/93. 
anyone already familiar with this?  I think I’ll have to watch it one night soon. 2 hr 41 minute run time is a long watch for that genre and presumably in russian w/ subtitles. 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So a little tangent. I’m lookin at a friend’s Plex library and he just added a russian movie from 1979 called Stalker. 
The description reads like a Stephen King/David lynch movie. It’s scores are 100/93. 
anyone already familiar with this?  I think I’ll have to watch it one night soon. 2 hr 41 minute run time is a long watch for that genre and presumably in russian w/ subtitles. 

Have you seen Citizen X? 1995 HBO movie about Russian serial killer. It goes to 11.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I haven’t seen it but I have seen it mentioned as one of the most influential movies of all time. The movie snobs on Letterboxd (which is awesome) love it. It’s free if you have a Kanopy account. Check it out and get back to us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/2/2020 at 5:34 PM, wutang75 said:

I haven’t seen it but I have seen it mentioned as one of the most influential movies of all time. The movie snobs on Letterboxd (which is awesome) love it. It’s free if you have a Kanopy account. Check it out and get back to us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just finished it, and man I just don’t get it. Went to the internet to see what people wrote about it. They say it’s allegorical. I don’t know. They say it’s atmospheric. That’s true. It’s almost 3 hours of nothing much physically happening, yet I just sat through it all without thinking of stopping, but I can’t point to a reason why. 
I have a feeling that the craftsmanship behind the camera is more important than the story, and it LOOKS interesting even though it isn’t. That’s the contradiction that grabs some people but not others. 

Netflix.....Rising Phoenix (documentary on the formation, and keeping together the Paralympics).  Peanut Butter Falcon (comedy where a regard wants to become a pro wrestler)

Through Amazon,.....Motherless Brooklyn. Ed Norton not only is the main character that has Tourettes (BIG TITS!), but also produced and directed.

All worth a watch.

Edited by BillyGoatHill

DVRd Leon Russell '72-'74 semi existensial documentary on TCM.  Leon is a music deity to me but Sweet Jesus why didn't they leave the feeding-a-small-chick-to-a-python scene on the cutting room floor?  That graphic spectre was uncool forever.  Other than that it was a nice watch on a veg out day.

31 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Netflix.....Rising Phoenix (documentary on the formation, and keeping together the Paralympics).  Peanut Butter Falcon (comedy where a regard wants to become a pro wrestler)

Through Amazon,.....Motherless Brooklyn. Ed Norton not only is the main character that has Tourettes (BIG TITS!), but also produced and directed.

All worth a watch.

Motherless Brooklyn was OK, but a bit slow. Could have been better in more capable hands. 

Contact (Jodie Foster)(1997). 
Sci/Tech film came out right as the information age began peaking. What a different world we live in now. 

The ending ruins the movie and book. They spend billions of dollars building a device based on alien instructions and instantly dismiss her out of hand because they don’t believe it worked. You’re open minded and smart enough to build it but are too narrow minded to bother understanding how it works. Fucking stupid.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

DVRd Leon Russell '72-'74 semi existensial documentary on TCM.  Leon is a music deity to me but Sweet Jesus why didn't they leave the feeding-a-small-chick-to-a-python scene on the cutting room floor?  That graphic spectre was uncool forever.  Other than that it was a nice watch on a veg out day.

Maybe the chick was too blind to...see...the python?

Edited by tantric superman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Maybe the chick was too blind to...see...the python?

To you, sir, the Blue Max of Spot On Lyrical Arcana, with or without the tight wye-ah.  I could actually hear the chords as I read your post - "Baybeh, you just tew bline ta - Bomp Bomp Bomp Bomp -- see."

•--->>>xXXx<<<---•

• Hook 'Em 1

Feels Good Man (2020)

Heard about this documentary screening at Sundance and it finally got a public release on Vimeo. Wow what a great movie. It follows the original creator of Pepe the frog. He's a free spirit guy in the SF area who lives with his "partner", their kid, and some random dude. Really naive guy who feels horrified at what happened to his creation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Netflix - Blaze   

Like Blaze, was deep and hard to comprehend in places, but at the same time awesome in its message.   Wish there was a movie on TVZ. 

Doh, Edit:  Google is your best friend.  Some of the TVZ documentaries and movies:  A Deeper Blue (book) , Be Here to Love Me (not streaming stateside on any source),  Heartworn Highways.  Any suggestions on these or others?

Amazon   

Couple more evenings showing the son some classics.   Every Way but Loose and Vacation.  Next on tap is Fast Times.  

Edited by pyrohornIII
The more you know, the more you edit

11 hours ago, bernorange said:

Kundun.  Martin Scorsese film about Dali Lama.  Highly rated film put me to sleep.  Pacing is slow.  Production values were great.

Yep, but I liked it when I saw it back in the day.  The scene where the DL looks back at the sherpas/sheppards who helped him cross the border, and blesses them as he sees a vision of them murdered, was pretty cool.

1 hour ago, pch said:

Re-watched the documentary "Stop Making Sense" with David Byrne and Talking Heads from 1984.  This is one I can never get enough of and still amazed at the outstanding work done by Jonathan Demme. 

The Documentary Now parody pretty much ruined that flick for me. I was watching it recently and thinking man, I wish this wasn't quite so silly.

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Resuming my Bond marathon again and moved onto 1973's Live and Let Die - the first one with Roger Moore, in New Orleans....

couldn't make it past half way.  it was that bad.  i dont know how this franchise continued after that

Sheriff J.W. Pepper single handedly saved that movie, boy!

On 9/13/2020 at 8:42 AM, pyrohornIII said:

Netflix - Blaze   

Like Blaze, was deep and hard to comprehend in places, but at the same time awesome in its message.   Wish there was a movie on TVZ. 

Doh, Edit:  Google is your best friend.  Some of the TVZ documentaries and movies:  A Deeper Blue (book) , Be Here to Love Me (not streaming stateside on any source),  Heartworn Highways.  Any suggestions on these or others?

Amazon   

Couple more evenings showing the son some classics.   Every Way but Loose and Vacation.  Next on fap is Fast Times.  

fify

WearyObeseGrayreefshark-small.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/5/2020 at 2:35 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just finished it, and man I just don’t get it. Went to the internet to see what people wrote about it. They say it’s allegorical. I don’t know. They say it’s atmospheric. That’s true. It’s almost 3 hours of nothing much physically happening, yet I just sat through it all without thinking of stopping, but I can’t point to a reason why. 
I have a feeling that the craftsmanship behind the camera is more important than the story, and it LOOKS interesting even though it isn’t. That’s the contradiction that grabs some people but not others. 

lol yeah nothing to see here besides like editing or something

• Fuck You 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:15 PM, HRSchenker said:

Feels Good Man (2020)

Heard about this documentary screening at Sundance and it finally got a public release on Vimeo. Wow what a great movie. It follows the original creator of Pepe the frog. He's a free spirit guy in the SF area who lives with his "partner", their kid, and some random dude. Really naive guy who feels horrified at what happened to his creation. 

I know one of the guys who made this. He's basically had to scrub his social media presence from all the threats and doxxing he received for his role in the making.