The movie you just watched

F250

14 hours ago, LonghornJudas said:

Watched last night with the family. Typical Sandler movie. Just pure, good, stupid fun with some great underlying messages with some of your favorite Sandler cast members. No long review needed. If you appreciate Sandler, watch it.

About sums it up for me too

On 10/10/2020 at 10:51 AM, LonghornJudas said:

Watched last night with the family. Typical Sandler movie. Just pure, good, stupid fun with some great underlying messages with some of your favorite Sandler cast members. No long review needed. If you appreciate Sandler, watch it.

Is this one an 8 year-old could watch?

40 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I mean, it's probably child abuse..

It was some vintage Sandler movie, hitting all the boxes.  

Goofy accent - check

The Sandler core group of Sandler, James, Schneider and Buscemi - check (only one missing was Spade)

Old faces from previous Sandler movies - check (Bowen, Shaq, Meadows, Maya Rudolph) 

Sander's wife in the movie - check

Callbacks to old movies - check

• Julie Bowen as his love interest (Happy Gilmore) whose initials are VV (like Vicky Valencourt, Veronica Vaughn, Valeria Veran, Virginia Venett)
  • Bully named O'Doyle (Billy Madison)
  • Ben Stiller as the orderly (Happy Gilmore) 
  • The pee sheets hanging on the clothing line (Waterboy)
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It was some vintage Sandler movie, hitting all the boxes.  

Goofy accent - check

The Sandler core group of Sandler, James, Schneider and Buscemi - check (only one missing was Spade)

Old faces from previous Sandler movies - check (Bowen, Shaq, Meadows, Maya Rudolph) 

Sander's wife in the movie - check

Callbacks to old movies - check

• Julie Bowen as his love interest (Happy Gilmore) whose initials are VV (like Vicky Valencourt, Veronica Vaughn, Valeria Veran, Virginia Venett)
  • Bully named O'Doyle (Billy Madison)
  • Ben Stiller as the orderly (Happy Gilmore) 
  • The pee sheets hanging on the clothing line (Waterboy)

The dude is a fucking millionaire and runs the draw play on 3rd and 13.

The Lie - it was okay, but I couldn't get over how bad the beginning was. 

Terminator: Dark Fate - this was terrible. I didn't even mind the young augmented terminator fighter. She did a good job. Watching a geriatric woman and geriatric terminator try to fight a new terminator was hilariously bad. The story was stupid. The dialogue was horrible. This was one of the worst entries by far. 

5 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Oh for fucks sake the amount of hairsplitting and language parsing that happens on this site is exhausting.  Hot Fuzz is hilarious but I don't like it as much as the other two. Happy now?

There is nothing to not like about Hot Fuzz.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Started watching the Lie. Made it to her tossing the chick off the bridge shut it down. Horribad acting don’t think I have enough in me to watch 

You turned this off??? You missed out. We watched it twice this weekend. Hilariously bad. The worst characters, who continuously make the worst possibly decisions, and to top it off the acting is so over the top it’s cringeworthy. If I hadn’t researched and found out it otherwise, I would have thought it was supposed to be a dark comedy. I’d give it another shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, wutang75 said:

You turned this off??? You missed out. We watched it twice this weekend. Hilariously bad. The worst characters, who continuously make the worst possibly decisions, and to top it off the acting is so over the top it’s cringeworthy. If I hadn’t researched and found out it otherwise, I would have thought it was supposed to be a dark comedy. I’d give it another shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You have my attention hahaha

Rock The Kasbah. This belongs in the underrated thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it. Bill Murry, Kate Hudson, Zooey Deschanel, Bruce Willis, Danny McBride, Scott Caan... it's a tour de force of talent but it flopped hard. Still, this movie makes me smile and legit lol a few times.

13 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

The Awful Truth (1937)

Leo McCarey flick - Cary Grant as the coolest of the cool.  Some very good bits, but as in most of these, some of the longer scenes can get away from you and have you looking at your watch. 

The dog, however, was a badass.

9dbc5e6da3a51e469dad93145b734db1.gif

That's just Asta after going for awhile without grooming.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:19 AM, Continental Op said:

Oh for fucks sake the amount of hairsplitting and language parsing that happens on this site is exhausting.  Hot Fuzz is hilarious but I don't like it as much as the other two. Happy now?

World's End is the weakest of the three.

From TCM thread

Elevator to the Gallows  (1958) (French: Ascenseur pour l'échafaud; previously known as Frantic in the US)

I had only seen Atlantic City and Murmur of the Heart by Louis Malle. 

miguelito nails it.  This movie is very cool. This is one of those that the extras on the DVD were well worth it.  The Miles Davis stuff is great, as is the cliched intellectual french interview.   Kind of cool that Malle's first big job was as cameraman for Jacques Cousteau.  And the second with Robert Bresson, which may explain some of the way his actors approach things.

Viewed Jeanne Moreau in a new light.  Her RBF had always turned me off, but she was certainly throwing down a vibe as she wandered the streets.

giphy-downsized.gif

Went to see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre at Tinseltown Plano last night. Some observations: (Spoilers?)

- Why did I think the kids were traveling to Austin for a concert? Is that in a remake? A different movie? The fact they went down there to check if their Grandfathers grave was messed with makes total sense.
- I had always remembered the door slam scene (first kill) as being the scariest scene. In the theater, the scene where Leatherface comes out of the dark to kill Franklin was the scariest.
- Marilyn Burns’ screamed non stop for a solid 30 minutes. I bet she couldn’t talk for a month.
- Cool to learn Larroquette did the narration for a joint.
- Camera work is just incredible.
- I hadn’t remembered the black truck driver coming in and saving the day at the end. He wasn’t having it! I’m going to assume he lives after saving her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Went to see the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre at Tinseltown Plano last night. Some observations: (Spoilers?)

- Why did I think the kids were traveling to Austin for a concert? Is that in a remake? A different movie? The fact they went down there to check if their Grandfathers grave was messed with makes total sense.
- I had always remembered the door slam scene (first kill) as being the scariest scene. In the theater, the scene where Leatherface comes out of the dark to kill Franklin was the scariest.
- Marilyn Burns’ screamed non stop for a solid 30 minutes. I bet she couldn’t talk for a month.
- I hadn’t remembered the black truck driver coming in and saving the day at the end. He wasn’t having it! I’m going to assume he lives after saving her.

8 hours ago, wutang75 said:

One of the best movies ever made. That's awesome you got to see it in theatre.