The movie you just watched

F250

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah I know that. It's pretty uncommon for the same actor to play the same character in two different movies released by two different studios though. I'm not sure if I can think of another example. 

Carla Gugino as Karen Sisco. Also an Elmore Leonard joint. Had her own series on ABC and reprised the role in Justified on FX. Not movies, but completely different productions.

8 minutes ago, RPM said:

Carla Gugino as Karen Sisco. Also an Elmore Leonard joint. Had her own series on ABC and reprised the role in Justified on FX. Not movies, but completely different productions.

Ah, I forgot about that but not exactly. Justified had to call her "Karen Goodall" to avoid copywrite infringement because they didn't own the rights to the character. They never called her Sisco at all even though it was pretty obvious who she was supposed to be, especially with the casting. I'm kind of surprised they got away with that. 

Anyway, according to Wiki Miramax owned the Nicolette character and Tarantino convinced them to let Universal briefly use it without a fee. 

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

They never called her Sisco at all even though it was pretty obvious who she was supposed to be, especially with the casting.

She made reference to a failed marriage, but everything else in her backstory was KS. That was an under rated series btw.

On 6/5/2021 at 7:21 AM, Helobious said:

Devil made me do it, new conjuring movie is pretty good. Not scary really but it’s a solid story. Maybe my 2nd favorite conjuring universe movie now after the original.

Yea. This was done well. Play with surround in the dark at night. 

will watch again. 

On 6/12/2021 at 7:16 PM, Parliament said:

Fight Club.  It's a good movie, but hardly an icon.

Always thought it's a little overrated. 

On 6/14/2021 at 9:47 PM, washparkhorn said:

Darkest Hour - Gary Oldman as Churchill:

On HBO Max

Very solid film. Scene on the subway (tube?) is all time. 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:51 PM, GTX Horn said:

Got around to seeing A Quiet Place Part 2 this past weekend. Really solid movie. Better than the first IMO. Emily Blunt and Cillian Murphy are really good in it. Also impressed with the child actors.

I never saw the first one but I want to check them out. Cillian Murphy is really good in everything. One of my favorite actors. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2021 at 10:42 PM, washparkhorn said:

Wages of Fear (the original) directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot about four men driving two trucks filled with nitro needed to put out an oil rig fire. On HBO Max.

William Friedkin remade it and called it the Sorcerer in 1977.

Love Wages of Fear, but only saw Sorcerer once -- need to check it out again.

wages_of_fear.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, tantric superman said:

Love Wages of Fear, but only saw Sorcerer once -- need to check it out again.

wages_of_fear.jpg

There was a US version with Brian Keith called Violent Road. They use rocket fuel as the hazmat.

9G9Hk4blTr-u-L7E5m1zwYvcIbOK9mzGqHskc0PG

• Hook 'Em 1

Devil made me do it, new conjuring movie is pretty good. Not scary really but it’s a solid story. Maybe my 2nd favorite conjuring universe movie now after the original.

I thought it was terrible. But I think I saw one of the Annabelle movies on a plane once and thought it was decent. So I’m not sure what I was expecting.
Edit: also wanted to add, what was up with the soundtrack? It’s like they spent all their money on music licensing. The van Morrison at the end didn’t fit at all.

12 Mighty Orphans

Thoroughly enjoyed this adaptation of Jim Dent's book.  Still amazed at the miracle season of 1940 that a group of twelve unwanted and undersized boys, no equipment, no practice field, and an administration both at the school and the UIL could have actually made the state title game against Amarillo.  Lots of Ft Worth landmarks are easily recognizable in this film and the ending is worth the price of the ticket. 

Infinite

Ridiculous plot, big budget, marginal acting, and it seems like they forgot to include entire scenes. It's big dumb action movie but I was entertained. 

If you can enjoy movies like Limitless, Now You See Me, and Jumper then you can enjoy this one.

Just watched The Grizzlies. Holy shit what a great sports movie. Based on the true story of a teacher that brought lacrosse to a high school in a remote Inuit village in northern Canada. Sounded formulaic as hell and like another basic white savior movie when I read about it, but I’m glad I gave it a shot, it’s very well done. Can be found on Netflix. 

4EC0963D-6249-4896-B37F-4BEFADE8B990.jpeg

On 6/21/2021 at 8:32 PM, Helobious said:

Just watched The Grizzlies. Holy shit what a great sports movie. Based on the true story of a teacher that brought lacrosse to a high school in a remote Inuit village in northern Canada. Sounded formulaic as hell and like another basic white savior movie when I read about it, but I’m glad I gave it a shot, it’s very well done. Can be found on Netflix. 

4EC0963D-6249-4896-B37F-4BEFADE8B990.jpeg

Watched this on your rec. Not bad at all, but good lord the first 30 minutes are depressing as hell.

• Hook 'Em 1