The movie you just watched

F250

8 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Congo -- the follow-up to Jurassic Park in the 90's of another Michael Crichton novel. Seems like Ernie Hudson aka the black Ghostbuster is tasked with carrying this movie and it is just a really bad movie.

I remember watching that in the theater, It was cool then, but prob shit now.

8 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Congo -- the follow-up to Jurassic Park in the 90's of another Michael Crichton novel. Seems like Ernie Hudson aka the black Ghostbuster is tasked with carrying this movie and it is just a really bad movie.

Tim Curry's shitty accent was horribad.

• Haha 2

I guess I was feeling very early 90's because I also watch T2: Judgment Day. I remember seeing this movie first as a pre-teen (my first Rated-R movie, I think) and maybe a couple of times sense, but the story made a whole lot more sense as a whole as an adult. Very good movie still that held up well, I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guarding Tess (1994) Shirley MacLaine is adorable as a cantankerous former First Lady that makes Special Secret Agent in Charge Nicolas Cage's life a living hell. Enjoyable 95 minutes written and directed by Hugh Wilson.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Guarding Tess (1994) Shirley MacLaine is adorable as a cantankerous former First Lady that makes Special Secret Agent in Charge Nicolas Cage's life a living hell. Enjoyable 95 minutes written and directed by Hugh Wilson.

Not sure why but when I watch this, I always want to follow it with Dave. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Delroy Lindo is awesome in his limited screen time.

36 minutes ago, William Wallace said:

lmao, movies have been shit, we are down to Guarding Tess.

My dad is retired and long relegated to fishing, grocery shopping with mom and watching the Starz movie channels. He wanted to discuss The Bridges of Madison County the other day 

2 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

My dad is retired and long relegated to fishing, grocery shopping with mom and watching the Starz movie channels. He wanted to discuss The Bridges of Madison County the other day 

Ugh, Even my 80 year old mom thought Clint was not sexy and too old for that movie. Bridges, Shirtless...

Edited by William Wallace

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

How can the cgi in a 30 year old movie be better than some of the stuff you see today?

I didn't say it was better than the stuff I see today, but I will say...watched ID4 with Will Smith around the 4th and the CGI/green screen stuff was horrible. Just very bad and aged like stinky cheese and that was around the same era and timeframe as T2.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/21/2021 at 8:59 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

I didn't say it was better than the stuff I see today, but I will say...watched ID4 with Will Smith around the 4th and the CGI/green screen stuff was horrible. Just very bad and aged like stinky cheese and that was around the same era and timeframe as T2.

Speaking of Will Smith and horrible CGI and set design... watch After Earth sometime and get back to me. 

Or not. I'd actually recommend not watching it. 

But it's in that camp of being so bad it's kind of entertaining. 

Speaking of Will Smith and horrible CGI and set design... watch After Earth sometime and get back to me. 
Or not. I'd actually recommend not watching it. 
But it's in that camp of being so bad it's kind of entertaining. 

I love movies but After Earth looked so awful I have never considered trying to watch it.

The Booksellers on Amazon.  

It's a doc about independent booksellers in the age of Amazon.

It's interesting, boring, pretentious and charming. 

It was fine but one thing it did make me realize is that I miss reading an actual book opposed to only on my phone.  

Off to Half Price tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:26 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

Congo is a really good book, and a hilariously bad movie.   Several of Crichton’s really good books made for bad movies because his detail is so thorough that it cannot be picked up in a movie due to time constraints.  Think about how much worse the Dan Brown movies are than his books… same goes for Crichton, and the same reasons.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

The Booksellers on Amazon.  

It's a doc about independent booksellers in the age of Amazon.

It's interesting, boring, pretentious and charming. 

It was fine but one thing it did make me realize is that I miss reading an actual book opposed to only on my phone.  

Off to Half Price tomorrow.

I absolutely refuse to read e-books on my phone or iPad.  I seem to retain about 1/4 of what I’m reading as opposed to reading an actual book.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I absolutely refuse to read e-books on my phone or iPad.  I seem to retain about 1/4 of what I’m reading as opposed to reading an actual book.    

I read a book for the first time on an eReader last month; not as bad as I expected once I got used to it.

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Manchurian Candidate (Denzel)-  Pretty meh, with a serious case of deafening background audio and mumbling dialogue.  Looking at you Liev. 

Just like The Taking of Pelham 123. The original was much better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Irresistible - Steve Carrell and Chris Cooper lead this story of a DC political campaign manager and a small town Wisconsin mayoral candidate. Entertaining and enlightening.

I enjoyed but a little more vulgar than I was expecting, good plot twist. 

16 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Great movie. (Just make sure you have subtitles on😂 )

I'd go on tour with the Commitmentettes any time.  If you were ever in a garage band, hauled your own equipment to and from gigs and appreciate soul music, this the best.  Yeah, I'm an ancient "Old" but I know what I like.  Plus, Colm Meaney nails the Old Fart Elvis fan, nails it!

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, RPM said:

Jungle Cruise - Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt. Disney flick that they Disney'd tf out of. Cartoonish script, CGI overload. Glad I didn't pay to watch it.

I wanted to like this because I like the Rock, Blunt and the actual ride. It was mildly entertaining but very long and hard for our kids to follow but found myself bored and tuning out toward the end.