The movie you just watched

F250

1 minute ago, joeycovers said:

After  getting my Netflix movie choice about 20x in a row the wife finally made a turn. Wine Country....... It might be a year until she gets another choice. 

It wasn't terrible but it should have been a lot better considering the entire cast is SNL acting/writing alums. 

Now, The Wandering Earth was hot Chinese garbage. 

BlacKKKlansman

Pretty damned good flick.  Confusing as fuck how they marketed it seemingly as a comedy. 

Incredibly challenging working environment WITHIN the department.

Edited by slorch

17 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

You guys have retarded standards.  That movie was fucking awful, and the mute girl was fucking hideous.

Plenty of people didn't like the flick.  The idea that it was "arguably the worst movie ever made" if what is fucking retarded. 

And of course she wasn't attractive.  If she had been attractive she would have been dating someone and probably would have gotten a kick out of shocking the merman.

23 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Plenty of people didn't like the flick.  The idea that it was "arguably the worst movie ever made" if what is fucking retarded. 

And of course she wasn't attractive.  If she had been attractive she would have been dating someone and probably would have gotten a kick out of shocking the merman.

Ugly mute girl falls in love and fucks a magic fish man she keeps in her bathtub.  It literally is the worst fucking movie ever made.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:14 PM, ClubWhatever said:

I just saw First Man.  I really like Claire Foy and she did not disappoint. I like Gosling too but I thought he played this a little too edgy based on my impressions of the real Neal Armstrong.  Maybe he researched it and that’s how the guy really was.  Overall I enjoyed it and recommend even if you don’t care about space but especially if you do care about space.  This movie seems more “real” in the space scenes, like there’s no lipstick on the pig.  It’s remarkable to me that more people didn’t get killed doing this stuff.  

Did they feature the group sassy black women that actually put him on the moon? 

On 5/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, Moby Ric said:

The Shape of Water.  Holy Fuck that may be the worst movie ever fucking made.  

Just saw this movie.  Was recommended by a good (female) friend.

The entire film was predictable.

Not sure why they made a point of showing her self-serving herself so early on was about. 

Nice butt.

Would not watch again, the film, the butt, yes. 

Will not take any future recommendations from said friend seriously again.

19 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Just saw this movie.  Was recommended by a good (female) friend.

The entire film was predictable.

Not sure why they made a point of showing her self-serving herself so early on was about. 

Nice butt.

Would not watch again, the film, the butt, yes. 

Will not take any future recommendations from said friend seriously again.

My daughter's review of said film: "Dude.  She fucks a goddamn fish."

On 5/10/2019 at 11:34 PM, Continental Op said:

Tonight on The Last Drive In with Joe Bob Briggs:

Alien Contamination:  A stupefying Italian ripoff of Alien.  

A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night:  Dull vampire film with great cinematography.  

Half the time, I forward to the Joe Bob parts.

Watched some crappily done but cool story called ‘50-1’, The story of the unpredictable win in the 2009 Kentucky Derby by ‘Mine That Bird’, ridden by Calvin Borel.   I remember that race as I had put that horse in a box tri, but one of my 3 horses finished 4th.  It was an $8 box and would’ve paid me about $30k had 4 finished 3.   Uggh 

The Rundown. Rock, Sean Scott(?), Walken, Hot Brazilian girl. Total B movie, but it moves, funnies, action. Thought it was made for a sequel, but it was made in 2003 and the Rock left the Brazilian jungle for Skyscrapers and giant animals.

Edited by Nolacycling

I saw Stan and Ollie.  Even though Laurel and Hardy were way before my time, I watched most of their movies when I was young.  This movie is their story during the twilight of their careers/life.  It's a slow moving and somewhat sad movie.  The acting was well done - especially by the actor playing Stanley Laurel.  Not sure I can recommend the film unless you just have an interest in learning about Laurel and Hardy (the people, not their filmography) or really enjoy period pieces.

• Like 2

Charlie Says, which focuses primarily on the Manson girls, especially the three (Atkins, Krenwinkel, and Van Houten) who were convicted of murder in connection with the Tate/La Bianca slayings, with a particular emphasis on Leslie Van Houten.  I'm interested in that subject matter, so it held my attention.  But it's not a great movie by any means.  The acting is wooden in many spots.  I thought the guy who played Manson was quite good, but not as good as Steve Railsback.  Railsback's portrayal of Manson in Helter Skelter scared the hell out of me as a kid. 

Edited by Carl Spackler

Just got done with Major League for one-millionth time. Such a great movie. I remember seeing it in the theatre. My brothers and I had to sneak in because it was Rated R.

At the end when they have to play the Yankees in the tie-breaker.....that is one of the best 30-35 minutes in any sports movie. Still gives me goosebumps.

"I only got one thing to say to you. Strike this motherfucker out".

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

The Running Man. I don't understand the cult following. Is it so bad, it's good? Are there a lot of Maria Conchita Alonso fans out there?

I'll admit Richard Dawson is pretty darned good as the host, but the villains are just so stupid and over the top. An electric fattie that sings opera, a hockey goalie killer, Jim Brown on a jet pack, what the f*** is going on? 

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Running Man. I don't understand the cult following. Is it so bad, it's good? Are there a lot of Maria Conchita Alonso fans out there?

I'll admit Richard Dawson is pretty darned good as the host, but the villains are just so stupid and over the top. An electric fattie that sings opera, a hockey goalie killer, Jim Brown on a jet pack, what the f*** is going on? 

Whitman, Price & Haddad.  You remember them, last year’s winners!