The movie you just watched

F250

A Fortunate Man (2018) (Netflix)

LykkePer.jpg

Melancholy danishness.  I thought this was great, but it's very quiet and reflective.   Just a broad sweep of one flawed guys life, it was apparently based on an 8 novel series. 

Reminded me of something like "The Way of All Flesh".  About coming to terms with one's life when happiness is impossible.

No Mads Mikkelsen, and that sucks, but still. 

1900 (1976)

51fRtBV7pVL.jpg

Sweet jesus, what an messed up, gross, kind of pretty in parts, overlong Italian nonsense.  I didn't really watch it, I hit the fast forward over and over.  Relevant to the dubbing conversation, because that was really distracting.  Half English have Italian 100% distracting.

I guess if you have made up your mind to watch De Niro or Donald Sutherland's work, maybe put yourself through this.

On 4/15/2020 at 10:35 PM, CooterBrown said:

Just went through my Netflix history to see what my 13 yo daughter has been watching. Her last 3 movies were Taxi Driver, There Will Be Blood, and Blade Runner. I gotta say I’m pretty proud.

My sister watched Taxi Driver when she was 13.

People think she's a whore.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 3:03 AM, wutang75 said:

Bone Tomahawk for the third time. I love recommending this to people and then waiting for their reaction. Love this movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Violent movie.  Seemed Cormac McCarthyish. Entertaining watch.

The Way Back with Ben Affleck. More of a character study than a sports movie. Absolutely crushing performance by Ben (looks like he had a lot of personal experience). About addiction, grief, loss and redemption. Highly recommend.  

Wait a minute. This is a Spencer for hire origin story?

17 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Weird I thought this movie was bad. And I’m a big Jonah Hill fan.

Spoiler for anybody who hasn't watched, don't read the following......

The guy that Jonah played is a dick, a petty narcissist .  In the article I posted, there's a recording from prison of this guy talking to his dad.  He's a jack ass that really had it all but was so concerned with everybody else's share, he burned everybody, including himself.   

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

"You arrogant ass.  You've killed us."

"One ping only."

"Oh, I know this book.  Your conclusions were all wrong, Ryan.  Halsey acted stupidly."

"I would have liked to have seen Montana."

"This situation will get out of control and we'll be lucky if we live through it."  Ouch, and that's hitting close to home in the COVID spring of 2020.

Zombieland Double Tap. 

Really liked the 1st and really like the actors. This one was well,

Damn good. Same actors taking shots at the original and zombie shows in general. A good 2 hr time killer on an airplane with a few laugh out loud moments. No academy awards but good fun. 

I had forgotten how good this was. It was awesome.

I did too. For some reason, I watched it once and thought it was a middle of the pack QT movie. About a year ago I gave it another shot and it’s probably my #2 or 3 favorite QT movie and I’ve watched it 4 times in the past year.

Watched The Lincoln Lawyer for the first time in 9 years last night. I was entertained.

xpost from the Netflix thread. Extraction - Chris Hemsworth is a mercenary hired to rescue a drug lord's kidnapped teenage son in Mumbai. Solid shoot 'em up flick. No hammers were involved, but Thor's handy with a rake when the opportunity arises. Good times.

The Wailing is a masterpiece. I saw it when it first came out and I don’t think I completely “got it”. After reading about how great it was several times I gave it another shot. My daughter and I are on an Asian Horror kick and we knocked it our last night. Completely held out attention for the full 2.5 hours and never lets up. One of the few horror movies that really nails the ending as well. Can’t recommend enough.

We have watched over 40 horror movies this year. Maybe I should start a horror movie thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro