The movie you just watched

F250

Bennett's War - Low budget 2018 flick about a wounded warrior returning to professional motocross racing to save the family farm. Stars Michael Roarke, Allison Paige and Trace Adkins. For a low budget, inspirational, cheesy flick it wasn't horrible. On Netflix.

Edited by RPM

Watched Scream for the first time in 25 years to get ready for the new one coming out....gonna try to get through the 4 that are out.

After rewatching the first one I am pretty positive Stu and Billy were blowing each other cause towards the end when they are in the kitchen with Syd they give off a super gay vibe nttiawwt when Matt Lillard is all up on homeboys neck

8 hours ago, Scraps said:

After rewatching the first one I am pretty positive Stu and Billy were blowing each other cause towards the end when they are in the kitchen with Syd they give off a super gay vibe nttiawwt when Matt Lillard is all up on homeboys neck

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Can someone explain Sofia Coppola to me? How does she do something as brilliant as Lost in Translation and like... nothing else? Is someone else to credit for that one? Or am I missing some other great films she did?

Looking at @tantric superman or @henrygandorf maybe. 

The Virgin Suicides, Beguiled and Marie Antoinette are all good movies (in that order). Somewhere and On the Rocks also have their moments.

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

The wife talked us all into "Love Actually" last night.  Had only seen bits and pieces.  Mildly entertaining.  Now if I could only remember where I left my testicles.

Of all the bad chick flicks in the world, this one is watchable. Some funny bits and tits. What more can you ask for AND get credit for watching a chick flick?

48 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Of all the bad chick flicks in the world, this one is watchable. Some funny bits and tits. What more can you ask for AND get credit for watching a chick flick?

For me that movie is the first pitch perfect. I get to look at Anna Kendrick for 2 hours and the announcer duo is Best in Show-esque. I’ll take it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I like chick flick romcoms. I found Love Actually very enjoyable.

I probably like a bunch of chick flic romcons, maybe.  Although maybe I like a bunch of period pieces (Room with a View) and movies that are really male romcons (About a Boy/HIgh Fidelity).  

But Love Actually -- it's just so fucking cloying.  I don't like flicks that say -- love me I'm cute and you're an asshole if you don't love me.

I mean, I know I'm an asshole but Bridget Jones' Diary and Knotting Hill didn't pressure the viewer and insist upon itself like Love Actually did.  And both had some funny fucking bits.

If Love Actually was actually funny, I'd never know.

I think I've got my Holy Trinity of highly ranked surly movies that actually suck (more than surly thinks) [Parenthetical necessary because Field of Dreams doesn't objectively suck].

Love Actually

Field of Dreams

Shawshank Fuck You Redumption

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Can someone explain Sofia Coppola to me? How does she do something as brilliant as Lost in Translation and like... nothing else? Is someone else to credit for that one? Or am I missing some other great films she did?

Looking at @tantric superman or @henrygandorf maybe. 

Dang.  I think I've only seen Lost in Translation.  Which I liked perhaps becuase I'd like anything with the two leads.  I think I started Mary A. but no go.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Dang.  I think I've only seen Lost in Translation.  Which I liked perhaps becuase I'd like anything with the two leads.  I think I started Mary A. but no go.

I feel like that kind of ties into my point. Everything else she's done seems forgettable - although it looks like she won a couple festival awards here and there for other stuff. She also did LiT super young. I guess one hit wonders are a thing. 

I probably like a bunch of chick flic romcons, maybe.  Although maybe I like a bunch of period pieces (Room with a View) and movies that are really male romcons (About a Boy/HIgh Fidelity).  
But Love Actually -- it's just so fucking cloying.  I don't like flicks that say -- love me I'm cute and you're an asshole if you don't love me.
I mean, I know I'm an asshole but Bridget Jones' Diary and Knotting Hill didn't pressure the viewer and insist upon itself like Love Actually did.  And both had some funny fucking bits.
If Love Actually was actually funny, I'd never know.
I think I've got my Holy Trinity of highly ranked surly movies that actually suck (more than surly thinks) [Parenthetical necessary because Field of Dreams doesn't objectively suck].
Love Actually
Field of Dreams
Shawshank Fuck You Redumption

Bad opinions thread ====>
  • Hook 'Em 1

Watched Shot Caller the other day.

Entertaining enough, but not really at all believable.

A california stock broker (Jamie Lannister) takes a plea deal for a DUI accident that kills his friend (Max Greenfield).  While in prison for only 16 months, he somehow transforms from well-to-do stockbroker, with a hot wife (I fucking love her-Lake Bell) and family into a hardcore white supremacist gang leader.  Once out, he has abandoned his family as he's become fully entrenched in the gang lifestyle and orchestrates an arms deal gone sideways, etc,. etc...

21 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

The Long, Long Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.  It reminded of when the wife and I bought our first RV and the misadventures that followed.  It should be required watching for all first time RV buyers.  All and all, it is worth watching at least once.

I’ve never seen that movie but every time I hear the title I think of They Might Be Giants. IYKYK. 

I watched Free Guy at the insistence of my 12 year old. Pretty fun if you just turn off your brain. Some fun cameos and Taika Waititi plays a douchebag, so that’s great. 

54 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

What'd I miss?  It never remotely hooked me.  Was disinterested in Nic Cage (who I've always liked) and with that as the backdrop, never got interested in any of the other assholes in this movie.  I guess I liked the pig.

When I first watched it I remember being pleasantly surprised with the emotion of the movie. Someone at the time said it best when they said the movie was a story of grief, the crippling effects and grappling with the not so crippling effects (new friendships/relationships, accomplishing new goals, etc.) and then some healing and acceptance where the grief never really ever goes away.

I felt like it toed the line of some really interesting world building and only really toppled into the realm of the absurd (in a negative way) in the underground fight club scene, otherwise it was great.

I went into this movie with a beginner's mindset because I had no idea what this movie was about or had heard anything about (saw it on a plane) so that probably helped as well.

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Despite the bit of cheese with Tom Cruise it is a pretty accurate movie. Johnstown, where it was filmed, is just 50 miles from where I live. It is a grim place. There are so many kids here who were good enough to get out of the dead/dying steel towns, and possibly the NFL, but they couldn't.

I have kind of a new "thing" for western PA as a filming location/setting for films.  Very picturesque, interesting history, Russians and Slavs, abandoned mines and mills.

Part of it, I think, is having read the short stories of John O'Hara some time after Deer Hunter and ATRM.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have kind of a new "thing" for western PA as a filming location/setting for films.  Very picturesque, interesting history, Russians and Slavs, abandoned mines and mills.

Part of it, I think, is having read the short stories of John O'Hara some time after Deer Hunter and ATRM.

Out of the Furnace is a good one filmed close to where I live as well. It’s depressing as hell though

• Hook 'Em 1

I Walk The Line (1970) John Frankenheimer film starring Gregory Peck and Tuesday Weld as a married, middle aged, Tennessee Sheriff and the young daughter of a sleazy moonshiner. Not a lot of car crashes or explosions, but this is a very underrated performance by Peck. Obligatory Johnny Cash soundtrack.