#13 VaTech @ Old Dominion

SimonBolivar

Wow, what a beating.  VT sits out last week, they waltz into an 0-3 teams stadiums, and get schooled by a team that has nothing to lose.

ODU has had fast, explosive offenses, but that's been against other small schools.

VT never got on track, never respected these guys and were reading their press clippings.

7 hours ago, Machinator said:

Feel like this result isn't getting the attention it deserves. ODU got blown out by fucking Liberty.

Every single thing just seemed to fall ODU's way the whole game. It seemed like every long pass was a Hail Mary that just dropped right into the ODU receivers hands. ODU has always had explosive offenses.

Tech was for damn sure looking past them, and didn't take it seriously.  ODU was treating that game like it was their super bowl. Then Techs QB goes out early in the 4th quarter and it was over. No defense for Tech the whole game, and their O line was non existent.

I was watching the highlights from this game and holy shit, the play-by-play guy sounds just like Mayor Quimby.  

I had lunch with the commentator for that game yesterday at Maudie’s on South Lamar. He’s been one of my best friends since 4th grade. You can believe me, or not when I say this, but most of his commentary was due to a lost bet. If you’ve heard his other games, he sounds nothing like that. Listening to those highlights cracked me the fuck up.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:01 PM, satyanash said:

Virginia Tech just dismissed one of their top D-linemen, Trevon Hill, immediately after the game

I was reading one of their boards about this.  There's a rumor that the last straw was some sort of altercation with the disabled child of a staff member.  Also, it seems there's a significant portion of their fan base that is already ready to declare the Fuente era a lost cause.  I guess a loss to ODU does that.

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

I knew they played basketball. That's all I got. And I spent 2 years in Nofuck, VA.

we don't drink

we don't smoke

nor-fuck nor-fuck

Old Norfolk HS cheer.

They used to have a really competitive basketball program in the CAA, but alcoholism took its toll on their long time coach.  

Then they started the football program and jumped to FBS (conference USA) soon after starting it up. They haven't been the same since.  This will be the biggest win in their history (now or in the future).

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I was reading one of their boards about this.  There's a rumor that the last straw was some sort of altercation with the disabled child of a staff member.  Also, it seems there's a significant portion of their fan base that is already ready to declare the Fuente era a lost cause.  I guess a loss to ODU does that.

There's always a portion of a fan base that want the coaches head. He's performed fine so far. The program is/was on the up (regardless of the loss to ODU).

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

we don't drink

we don't smoke

nor-fuck nor-fuck

Old Norfolk HS cheer.

They used to have a really competitive basketball program in the CAA, but alcoholism took its toll on their long time coach.  

Then they started the football program and jumped to FBS (conference USA) soon after starting it up. They haven't been the same since.  This will be the biggest win in their history (now or in the future).

Seems like I remember their bball team making some noise in the NCAA tourney a few times. It's been 30+ years since I've been there and all I really remember about NorVa is the Liberty Grill just outside the Navy base (maybe on Hampton?), the ridiculous number of churches and the Ghent neighborhood. And I think there was a Douglas MacArthur museum and memorial. Oh, and I stole a couple of books on backgammon from the public library in Norfolk. No idea what the late fees might be by now.

27 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Seems like I remember their bball team making some noise in the NCAA tourney a few times. It's been 30+ years since I've been there and all I really remember about NorVa is the Liberty Grill just outside the Navy base (maybe on Hampton?), the ridiculous number of churches and the Ghent neighborhood. And I think there was a Douglas MacArthur museum and memorial. Oh, and I stole a couple of books on backgammon from the public library in Norfolk. No idea what the late fees might be by now.

Petey Sessoms ftw.

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Huge letdown in the 4th... Bud Foster must have been in route to the beach...

That game should have been over in the first half.  ODU didn't even get on VT's side of the field last year.  The biggest difference from that VT team last year was a much more experienced defense.  They lost 8 players from that squad.

13th ranked VT came in thinking it was a lock,  hadn't played in a week, going against an 0-3 CUSA team. Problem is nobody told ODU they couldn't win. ODU was the beneficiary of a couple catches that were just how the fuck did he throw that, and how the fuck did he catch that ??!! plays late in the game.

Edited by Onboard 2.0