#15 Oklight v. Techsters

Welshy

4 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

We beat Boise St, who was obviously over ranked. At least now I can readjust my expectations back to where they were before last week. Actually, better adjust them a little lower. Hope we make a bowl game.

Last week, OSU looked prepared with a creative game plan in all three phases.  Cornelius ran all over the field and made accurate throws when on the run. 

This game, Cornelius has looked slow and has thrown roughly 50% of his passes into the dirt.  I mean, the WR's can't even go jump-ball it, if it's not within 10 yards of the target.   He looks like a guy who's been on the bench for 4 years.   

Tech's looked pretty good.  Their offense looks legit.  I can't tell if they're defense is any good, for the fact OSU can't throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield.

Another jump ball downfield ends up as an INT.  

Gundy's got a three flaws, two of which we're seeing in this game.   Took a cowardly knee at the half, instead of going for a hail mary.  (We've lost all three games where he's made this 'can't lose if you don't try' call.)   And his "I'm a nice-guy loyalty" to walk-on senior QBs....wherein Cornelius has been very average this year, but is absolutely killing us today.  

Edited by Monster

unbelievable how Tech is playing lately I expected the D would be good (the first game was a major let down), but the O is pretty damn good and explosive even running the ball and the special teams is actually useful instead of a total liability and the stupid shit that Tech used to do to beat themselves seems to have been minimized

I don't know who or what got to Kliff, but if he had figured this shit out about 18 to 20 months ago Tech would be light years ahead as a program

I still would have gone for it on the 4th and 1.  I hate the "Let's fake em into jumping offsides with no offensive shifts or barking of signals."

Some of the times-out were bad, like after an incomplete pass.  What?  you needed to regroup after a regular passing play?

I thought he went into the 'prevent offense' at least one pssession too early.

Conversely: his team played their asses off and executed on both sides of the ball very, very well.  I like the confidense instilled on this offense.  That has been missing.

The defense had multiple possessions for stops.  They showed a little substance behind the off-season hype.

Still room for improvement, and the Big XII slate is no cakewalk.  Mountaineers in Lubbock next saturday will be a big test again.

Kliff and Company earned this win.  Go and make work next Saturday.

Wreck Em!!!

The underrated part of the Leach years was the O line. Tubershit didn't recruit good linemen. It's taken forever to rebuild the offensive line. Poor pass protection and poor run blocking equals hard to salt away a games

Mixing in a good run game makes all the difference in the world. I know he's been trying to do that for a couple seasons, but it looks like it's finally starting to click.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's crazy how much different this team looks than the deer in the headlights version we saw in week 1 after Carter got hurt.

3/4 of our starting secondary was out too.

4 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Tech had a hell of an offensive gameplan. Best offense I've seen from them in years, including Mahomes years.

Execution wise, I agree.  Let's see em do it again( would be third time this season.)

1 minute ago, DeadArmadillo said:

The underrated part of the Leach years was the O line. Tubershit didn't recruit good linemen. It's taken forever to rebuild the offensive line. Poor pass protection and poor run blocking equals hard to salt away a games

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Both lines were always good under Leach. We just about always had a monster O-line and at least 1 or 2 sack artists on the D-line. The quality of both dipped immediately after he left.

I think I figured out what changed with Kliff it was 2 fold

1. with the changes in offensive staff there is finally a staff in place that is not part of Kliffs Boy Band Coaches and that have the balls to tell Kliff to try something different and maybe save his job because being a coordinator even at a P5 program sucks compared to being a head coach

2. with the collapse of Reagor Dykes Kliff realized that a life time $200,000 a year job doing car commercials and selling cars to MILF and their daughters is no longer a guarantee

1 minute ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Fuck tech. I’m sure they’ll still lose 5 conference games

But not to Maryland.

Fuck off dude.  Nobody is starting shit with you nutless wonder worshipping bitches.