Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

9 minutes ago, NowThis said:

impressive since they just worked out Antonio Brown AND 6 other receivers.  I thought LJH was screwed so this is really positive.

Means very little. Brown was a "kick the tires" type thing for next year, and the other guys they worked out were scrubs. LJH will probably be inactive Sunday and job hunting in March.

13 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is there a number of times they can be called up and sent back in one season before someone else can sign them? I was thinking 3 for some reason.

You may be thinking 3 because if a team calls up a guy from practice squad, they must be rostered for 3 games, or get 3 game checks. 

also, a player can be on a practice squad for 3 seasons, with a season only counting if they are on one for at least 6 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You may be thinking 3 because if a team calls up a guy from practice squad, they must be rostered for 3 games, or get 3 game checks. 

also, a player can be on a practice squad for 3 seasons, with a season only counting if they are on one for at least 6 weeks. 

so second call up this year means 6 checks for the year?  how much per check?  since playoffs start on his call up what happens on that 3 game thing if not three games left?

btw, good on LJH for being good enough to be called up despite the criticism he has rec'd.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

he seemed to get more snaps when bridgewater was playing last year. it's tough to get the ball with all the talent on that offense.  especially when michael thomas is getting 150 catches.

He's going to have a hell of a time ever seeing the active roster this year with four WRs and three TEs as absolute locks. They might carry 5 WRs but that 5th is not going to be LJH. Thomas, Sanders and Cook all get a ton of run in the slot so it's not likely they'd need LJH's services barring injury.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Saints cut him today.

With larger practice squads for 2020, maybe he gets added somewhere...

"Instead of capping practice squads at 10 players this year, the amended collective bargaining agreement stipulates that practice squads will be made up of up to 16 players. (The new CBA originally increased the practice squad to 12 players, but that number was elevated to 16 because of the coronavirus pandemic.) Six of those slots can go to players with any amount of NFL experience."

Edited by LTtxfan

Can’t say I feel bad for the dude. Another year of college ball wouldn’t have made his 40 faster but you get a lot more good will putting up multiple 1000 yard seasons at a school like Texas to not go undrafted and not be someone no one gives a shit about 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

How can a nfl team in the days of the spread pass always often offense not find use for LJH?  He could kill it over the middle on slants or out routes to the outside.

Physical corners and rovers seem give him trouble. Also, has a problem using his body to create separation in tight spaces.

People are ignoring the key piece here that LJH has a poor work ethic. He would’ve been drafted if he didn’t show up to the combine completely out of shape and test even worse than expected, and he had similar issues with showing up and smoking weed all the time at UT.  He’s got a ton of talent but that won’t get him very far in the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He probably has a better shot at the nfl than coming back to get a degree.

Yeah, he’s a casualty of the preseason getting cancelled but hopefully he has some film from last preseason?

Edited by Nope

7 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

He’s a casualty of having poor work ethic.

Yup, I don’t blame him for leaving after his junior year with the stats he put up.  I get it, opportunities like that don’t happen yearly for guys like LJH who don’t have elite traits like Duvernay.  He took that opportunity and showed up displaying one of the worst combine performances of any player I’ve seen and followed that up with an equally worse pro day performance at TE, a position he’d never played.  That’s on him for squandering that opportunity.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Yup, I don’t blame him for leaving after his junior year with the stats he put up.  I get it, opportunities like that don’t happen yearly for guys like LJH who don’t have elite traits like Duvernay.  He took that opportunity and showed up displaying one of the worst combine performances of any player I’ve seen and followed that up with an equally worse pro day performance at TE, a position he’d never played.  That’s on him for squandering that opportunity.  

i completely forgot about that....... god whoever was in his ear during the combine/pro day prep did him no good. scouts were dumbfounded this 215lb receiver was doing line drills lmao.

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

People are ignoring the key piece here that LJH has a poor work ethic. He would’ve been drafted if he didn’t show up to the combine completely out of shape and test even worse than expected, and he had similar issues with showing up and smoking weed all the time at UT.  He’s got a ton of talent but that won’t get him very far in the NFL. 

this is true, but goddamn could he turn it on when we needed him to

he is the victim of thinking that because you have a name that makes people tell the same dumb story over and over somehow all those people and the people that cut your checks believe that you have the same potential as the person that you got that name from....or worse that you have what it takes to come close to that level while putting in little effort to get there....plus he got a lot of shitty advice from a lot of shitty people along the way

Texas since about 2009 seems to be plagued by this type of thing

5 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

He probably has a better shot at the nfl than coming back to get a degree.

Ouch.

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

I absolutely blame him for leaving early if he was going to half-ass it like he did.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Because he’s on a practice squad with extra spots this year? 

He obviously hasn't done himself many favors but he's doing enough to stick around and collect a check from the NFL for now. He's just 22 - he has a little time to try and find a roster spot somewhere. It's premature to put the nail in his NFL career coffin like some are quick to do here.

7 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I don't understand the need to shit on the guy at all. He played well for the university. He moved on when he had the opportunity to make a good living. Even practice squad players are making more than he would have as a regular joe. $8-12k/wk ain't nothing to laugh at.

This.  It's amazing the cognitive dissonance on players who leave early to try and better their football situation.  IMO, he probably needs to embrace a position change as a move TE unless he's really increased his explosion.  Tall WRs haven't gone away, but 4.75 is terrible for any era, although there was some rumor that he got down to 4.6 unofficially at his Pro day.  He may just have physical limitations which don't allow him to flourish in the pro's like college.