Urban Meyer: Texas' Coach

ernest_t_bass

A question for Texas fans.  Remove yourself from the here and now, and ffwd 2ish years.  Urban Meyer is Texas' head coach, and is hoisting the national championship trophy, after leading the Horns to a perfect undefeated season.

Still the angst?  Do you still hate the guy?

I'm being 100% serious, but in order to answer the question truthfully, you have to focus on the end result, and not your current hatred.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 65

It's hard to imagine a situation that would never happen because of the very reason you're asking how we would react.   We wouldn't hire Urban Meyer or Art Briles or Joe Paterno (if he were alive).    I don't recall anything like what they did from Nick Saban, who's just a huge asshole, and I can accept a winning asshole. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I'm not trolling.  It's an honest question, and you see it all over in the sporting world.  I hate Nick Saban, but if he were coaching the team I root for, I'd love him.

Saban and Meyer aren't comparable at this point.  Saban is an asshole who wins.  Lots of coaches are assholes who win, Saban is just better than most at both. 

Urban is scum of a human being who harbors murderers, lies, runs teams into the ground and fakes illnesses to escape to greener pastures, lies, protects wife beaters, lies, lies to the media and plays the victim when he's caught in his lies, and then lies some more. 

Better to compare Meyer to Briles at this point than Saban. 

The answer to your horrible question is no, I would not be rooting for him if he came here and won a NC, bc I would've stopped watching the day we hired him. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

The answer to your horrible question is no, I would not be rooting for him if he came here and won a NC, bc I would've stopped watching the day we hired him. 

The last 8 years have been rough as a Longhorn, but I still love my University and I want the Horns to win every game.

If we hired Urban Meyer, then Texas Football would be truly dead to me. I can’t imagine how shitty that would feel to hire him, and I certainly would not celebrate any accomplishments during his tenure.

Give me a lifetime of Mackovic over a this scenario.
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

A question for Texas fans.  Remove yourself from the here and now, and ffwd 2ish years.  Urban Meyer is Texas' head coach, and is hoisting the national championship trophy, after leading the Horns to a perfect undefeated season.

Still the angst?  Do you still hate the guy?

I'm being 100% serious, but in order to answer the question truthfully, you have to focus on the end result, and not your current hatred.  

Username checks out.

tl, dr; go fuck yourself.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I shared your fascination. 

Potato Fantasy was demolished in the interest of education. Nearby houses appear to date back to that era. Imagine the short waddle home followed by reading entire Zane Grey western paperbacks cover to cover, on the toilet.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4810+Ethel+Ave,+Sherman+Oaks,+CA+91423/@34.1579555,-118.4181465,3a,75y,63.46h,82.27t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swkVXdaJVLItN3Qswy9Q72A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m5!3m4!1s0x80c2963d30d689df:0x58df6105cc950b3c!8m2!3d34.1578326!4d-118.4181626

Edited by RDCanecutter
consonants, maaaan.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Op got exactly the thoughtful, measured response that his question deserved. 

I am fascinated by the Mickey Rooney Potato Fantasy restaurant. A giant potato sevved with a side of 3 other kinds of potato’s. Genius 

And you can wash it down with a potato shake. Mick says “Try ‘em!”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Damn.  Lots of hurt feelz over a hypothetical situation.  Colllege sports serious business. 

You asked a stupid fucking question.  A question, that if you read and comprehended other threads about Urban Meyer on this board you would have easily known the answers you would get from this fan base.  It isn't hurt feelings, it's people telling you that you are a fucking dumbass...you are getting what you deserve.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 3

I'm not trolling.  It's an honest question, and you see it all over in the sporting world.  I hate Nick Saban, but if he were coaching the team I root for, I'd love him.

You must be a fuckeye..

Otherwise you'd know that the shag/surly loathed Mack Brown in spite of the natty he brought home and the one he played for 4 years later. If we bagged on our own most recently successful coach why would we love Urbs for some reason?