The Walking Dead - Season 8

Ldogg53

23 minutes ago, BNB said:

Yes it was like an ATeam episode.

My exact thought last night.  These fucks can plink a walker in the head with a revolver from 50yds out without missing.  Hand them an automatic weapon and like 50 people standing out in the open in front of them and they can't hit shit. 

It has taken on train wreck status with me. I just can't stop for some reason. It is almost like I need some form of closure. I have invested so much time in it I want to see it through. Is it bad that I want Negan to crush Rick's skull in?

2 hours ago, Big_kat said:

It has taken on train wreck status with me. I just can't stop for some reason. It is almost like I need some form of closure. I have invested so much time in it I want to see it through. Is it bad that I want Negan to crush Rick's skull in?

This.  It’s gotten bad but fucking A I need closure.    I actually want Rick to kill Negan only to get sloppy and allow zombie Negan to bite him in the dick.  

Karl getting killed was pretty damn satisfying. 

14 hours ago, El Pollo Loco said:

couldn't we have just left this thread with the shag?

Hell no.  I stopped watching but will still follow this thread as I enjoy people making fun of the story and, hopefully, I will eventually get the gist of how the story ended without having to watch hours of this boring repetitive shit fest.

Viewership for the last 2 eps was about 6.6mil each.  That's the lowest since season 2.  This show has gotten absolutely terrible.  There is no intrigue, no mystery, no character development, it's just shit.  I got up midway last ep to take a poop.  My wife kept asking if i'd like her to to pause for me, and I was like "naw I'm good, I can hear it."  Uhh!

7 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Viewership for the last 2 eps was about 6.6mil each.  That's the lowest since season 2.  This show has gotten absolutely terrible.  There is no intrigue, no mystery, no character development, it's just shit.  I got up midway last ep to take a poop.  My wife kept asking if i'd like her to to pause for me, and I was like "naw I'm good, I can hear it."  Uhh!

They've gone on with the war against the saviors for far too long.   The show was by far at it's best when there was intrigue as to how they'd all survive day to day and trying to figure out what the fuck happened to the world.  Now it's just ridiculous battles and clans.  I am at least glad that they killed off the techno-viking junkyard clan though. 

They really need to finish this stupid war and focus the show on actually trying to rebuild civilization somehow.  Make it 1 more season of how they get to that point and either have them die off tragically or discover that the Gov't had made some bad ass refuge already. 

1 hour ago, Forty Acres said:

Hell no.  I stopped watching but will still follow this thread as I enjoy people making fun of the story and, hopefully, I will eventually get the gist of how the story ended without having to watch hours of this boring repetitive shit fest.

I quit but enjoy this thread too, just making a joke

3 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've still got the 1st half of this season sitting on my DVR unwatched. I'll get around to it at some point, but it hasn't been must see TV for a few seasons now.

You can delete it......all I can remember from watching it is it sucked.  And I like the show.

9 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

It’s simple, really. Like what Ldogg said, you need closure. You’ve invested 7 years in the shit, so want to see it through. Has to be past the halfway point by now.

You're right.

AMC has normally done a good job of ending shows when they needed to. Hopefully they wrap this up.

I struggled to make it through the first half of season 8.  I watched all episodes I think, but mostly while doing other things.  Have not yet started this 2nd half of season 8, even to watch c0rl finally die.

It's gotten so bad, and has been borderline unwatchable for a few seasons.  Yet I felt like I was committed to see it through.  Maybe some Rosita/Maggie scissoring can get this thing rolling again.

Why are they trying so hard to convince us that Maggie is some sort of stoic leader? It feels like she self glossed herself as The Widow, which is really lame. 

Also, isn’t she pregnant? The last person in line to lead my damn group would be a hormonal pregnant woman. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Why are they trying so hard to convince us that Maggie is some sort of stoic leader? It feels like she self glossed herself as The Widow, which is really lame. 

Also, isn’t she pregnant? The last person in line to lead my damn group would be a hormonal pregnant woman. 

You would need to ask a comicfag for a spoiler. 

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

I'm pretty sure that Negan gave her the nickname "The Widow" and not her.  

And the pregnancy thing threw me for a loop as well.  She sure as shit doesn't look pregnant and there is a baby they keep showing at the Hilltop.  So I keep wondering if she had her baby somehow and they just passed over that bit?  Doesn't make sense.  However, a pissed off pregnant woman might be exactly what you want at that point.  Those ladies don't fuck around.

38 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Comicfag here.  Not sure there's any point to her being a leader outside of giving us a view of the happenings at Hilltop. She's just sort of a redundancy of Rick at a different location. 

Probably not. I was simply referring to the "why" for the widow stuff, and from where it came.

1 hour ago, Ldogg53 said:

I'm pretty sure that Negan gave her the nickname "The Widow" and not her.  

And the pregnancy thing threw me for a loop as well.  She sure as shit doesn't look pregnant and there is a baby they keep showing at the Hilltop.  So I keep wondering if she had her baby somehow and they just passed over that bit?  Doesn't make sense.  However, a pissed off pregnant woman might be exactly what you want at that point.  Those ladies don't fuck around.

The baby confused me too so I went to the googletrons. Seems that's just a random baby she was watching and is still pregnant. You sure as shit can't tell from looking at her. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 9:50 AM, Ldogg53 said:

They've gone on with the war against the saviors for far too long.   The show was by far at it's best when there was intrigue as to how they'd all survive day to day and trying to figure out what the fuck happened to the world.  Now it's just ridiculous battles and clans.  I am at least glad that they killed off the techno-viking junkyard clan though. 

They really need to finish this stupid war and focus the show on actually trying to rebuild civilization somehow.  Make it 1 more season of how they get to that point and either have them die off tragically or discover that the Gov't had made some bad ass refuge already. 

I'm hoping the government rolls in with tanks and warthogs and kills them all.

58 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

You know a show sucks when there’s book/comic book talk and nobody gives a shit.

also like how the show’s biggest star, Daryll, is just a side-character.

The show has always loosely followed the comic book.  Not like GOT where it's pretty close. 

The bad news, is if the show continues to the next set of events from the comics, it's gonna get a whole lot worse. 

2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

The baby confused me too so I went to the googletrons. Seems that's just a random baby she was watching and is still pregnant. You sure as shit can't tell from looking at her. 

I assume that is the kid that Rick snatched when he and Daryl were killing people, including her father.  Aaron brought her back to the Hilltop after his SO died.

I'm beginning to think that Coral's dream of Negan joining the Hilltop is going to come true eventually....sure as hell nobody can kill Negan.  Had high hopes that the Nazi chick would finally put him down but no....she has some kind of agenda that isn't going to work and he lives another day.  Morgan seems to have the best outlook on this shit, just kill.  I guess he is getting ready to wander off to FTWD.  "obligatory, this show sucks" 

This is like that season when they went looking for the lost little girl and killed Shane off. I mean, there's been more action scenes this season than that season, but they've all been predictable and boring as shit. I keep wondering if the story is going to move along, but it doesn't seem to.