The Walking Dead - Season 8

Ldogg53

I've been watching it.  Almost stopped after the first season because I wanted everyone except the Central American guy to get bit.  It has actually gotten better.  Last season of FTWD was better than season 7 and season 8 of TWD, IMHO.  I'm looking forward to Morgan moving to Texas and setting up down the road at the Dell Diamond.

FUUUCK.  I give up now.  Rick not doing the death blow and me ffwding through 10  minutes of dead Coral letters....  

I didn't even want to watch the Fear of the Waling dead.  Uggh ,  I really like Morgan James,

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0416694/?ref_=tt_cl_t14

He was just in this minseries on BBC called Save Me, and he was in a few other good ones like , Line of Duty.

but, Damn.  I do like the spin off more than the original, so I may watch it.

Edited by BNB

Finally got to watch the last episode last night.  LOL.  What a shit show. 

Kill Negan and take the show in another direction for fucks sake.  Advance the story/idea of moving civilization forward and survival with new obstacles discovered.  Instead we're going to have a bunch more of the same now with both Negan and the un-pregnant pregnant chick wanting to take Rick down. 

I also like how when they heard the whistle Rick and team just stopped in the middle of the field.  For fucks sake get back to the treeline and take cover you morons.  That was a Fannin at Coleto Creek moment.  So much dumb.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

If anyone is watching Fear the Walking Desd, that was, um, quite shocking.

That caught me off guard but it also felt unnecessary.

On 4/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, Jerry Callo said:

I've been watching it.  Almost stopped after the first season because I wanted everyone except the Central American guy to get bit.  It has actually gotten better.  Last season of FTWD was better than season 7 and season 8 of TWD, IMHO.  I'm looking forward to Morgan moving to Texas and setting up down the road at the Dell Diamond.

Last season of FTWD was much better than TWD. This season feels a little too much like the silliness of TWD is bleeding over.

Not a fan of the Austin Hippster Saviors laying siege to Dell Diamond in a millennial manner.

I really enjoyed the story between the white survivalists and Native Americans reclaiming their land last season. The Cartel story with Daniel was pretty good too.

sorry if there is a FTWD thread, did a search and didn't see one.

I've been enjoying FTWD so far and was glad to see the "um shocking" good riddance, should have happened sooner.

I like the chick with the SWAT van and the dude from "Raising Hope" 

So do y'all think the mom is killed or just went off somewhere, they never explain her absence in any of the SWAT van scenes where she's missing?

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Not a fan of the Austin Hippster Saviors laying siege to Dell Diamond in a millennial manner.

Would have been funny if they were attacked by a group of hipster undeads--maybe that will be coming up-or Dirty 6th zombies. I did like the Vulture group waiting them out was a pretty cool idea.

Edited by Don Keibals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, NWBuck said:

So let me get this straight... they're in Virginia, but need to go to a museum to get a wagon and a plow and a canoe?

And it took this long to figure out how beasts fo burden work.

Seriously though, I likethe premise. They need more primitive tech because they will eventually run out of diesel fuel so they go where they expect to find old stuff. 

I quit in the middle of last season, and just got a streaming service to catch up. The show is a lot more bearable with a dvr feature to fast forward through the commercial breaks, even the reruns episodes seem to have twenty minutes shaved off the time. Maybe some scenes, useless ones, were cut also.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Why in the fuck is Negan still alive? So Rick can go down and taunt him?

Also, my DVR cut out early. Why happened to the banished long hair dude as he was walking down the road at night?

Someone was watching him from the bushes.  He recognized them and then he go snatched up.

Is there some kind of technical term for the part in a scene where something goes wrong and then there is like forty five second of tension before its resolved? Its like one person is fighting a zombie, then the wooden floor boards underneath them fall apart and they are stuck? Or another person is fighting zombies but then her sword gets stuck then she needs to pick up something else. Or a horse is surprised by a bunch of zombies around a corner and throws its rider off?

13 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

Is there some kind of technical term for the part in a scene where something goes wrong and then there is like forty five second of tension before its resolved? Its like one person is fighting a zombie, then the wooden floor boards underneath them fall apart and they are stuck? Or another person is fighting zombies but then her sword gets stuck then she needs to pick up something else. Or a horse is surprised by a bunch of zombies around a corner and throws its rider off?

I think the phrase you're looking for is "sloppy writing"