NCAA week 5

NowThis

looking for advise.

seeing Stanford +3.5 right now..  I know they escaped Oregon by the skin of their teeth, and I know its at ND,  but I still think ND isnt elite.

USC -2  vs Summy

Okie St -17

Texas still showing as off the board, but I did hear a rumor we started somewhere around -9.   if that happens to get up around 11, I am going to probably have to take K state and the points.

Nebraska +3 to Purdue at home?   I know they suck major ass, and Purdue just won, but I think that might be a home underdog situation worth jumping on. 

Rice +24.5.    Rice hasnt had a game they have scored less than 22,  and they only gave up 43 vs Hawaii who is a scoring machine.    Its at Wake, but I think this might be worth it

Did great last week, 4-1.

The game spreads this week look challenging.  Tennessee is on auto fade, and I will probably jump on aggy to cover against Arkansas.  Will probably keep playing UNT also.  Would love to make a play on bama, but LOL @ a -50.5 spread vs ulala.

39 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Texas was down to -7 last I saw.

i jumped on it at that number and i never make my bets this early in the week.  i get the "haven't won in manhattan since 2002" narrative, but this year's ksu team is not good and they do not have the athletes to compete for 4 quarters against an improving texas team.  with the way the defense is playing right now, ksu will be lucky to score 14 points.

3 hours ago, Telegraph_it said:

Am I crazy. Lousiville at +6.5 seems like easy money against Florida St. 

Alabama L 51-14

Indiana State, W 31-7

W.Kent W 20-17

UVa L 27-3

Nothing about those results leads me to believe Louisville is easy money against anyone, even the shitshow that is FSU.

Mich State -28.5 over Central Michigan, CMU much worse than i thought. This team beat @OK st a couple years ago and last week strugged with Maine and was shutout 31-0 at home by Kansas.  MIch State can put up points and IMO will hit 50 while keeping CMU under 20. 

Edited by NowThis

toledo v fresno o60 seems like a really low number.  toledo is putting up 51/game (66 against VMI, but still) and fresno is putting up 43 coming off a win against UCLA whatever that is worth.  don't see why this isn't closer to 70.  line opened at 63 and dropped to 59.5 before coming back up to 60. 

I think baylor is solid this week, they know they can play with ou after last year almost winning outright. I'm actually pretty impressed with baylors 3rd down conversion rate this year (keeps ou offense on sideline) but holy shit they're a dumpster fire on Special teams and penalties. 

Edited by bluto
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluto said:

No jinx but ksu is an absolute dumpster fire in almost every team stat and that's including two layups vs utsa/sdak, the way Tx is playing and being pretty healthy, this shouldn't be close. 

the issue for Texas is, thats the EXACT same statement made in 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2013, & 2016.    We only won half of those games.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

looking for advise.

seeing Stanford +3.5 right now..  I know they escaped Oregon by the skin of their teeth, and I know its at ND,  but I still think ND isnt elite.

USC -2  vs Summy

Okie St -17

Texas still showing as off the board, but I did hear a rumor we started somewhere around -9.   if that happens to get up around 11, I am going to probably have to take K state and the points.

Nebraska +3 to Purdue at home?   I know they suck major ass, and Purdue just won, but I think that might be a home underdog situation worth jumping on. 

Rice +24.5.    Rice hasnt had a game they have scored less than 22,  and they only gave up 43 vs Hawaii who is a scoring machine.    Its at Wake, but I think this might be worth it

Ok I do well until I post but here goes.  

Love this 3 team 10 point teaser.  I know teasers are burning money but 3-0 so far on the year:

OSU -6.5

Texas tech +13.5

chargers -.5 (over SF)

Your picks:

ND much better on O after QB switch 

okie st has struggled covering vs worse KU teams

Nebbish is BAD

I like the Rice pick.  

3 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

not getting the k state pics.  we are leaving beck in austin for this one.  might score 100.

I would LOVE to be wrong.  But we have gone into Manhattan multiple times as a huge fav, and we lost all but one... and the one we won.... we needed a last second blocked FG to win.

My idea situation is Texas leads by 16 points with 2 mins left in the game, and k-state goes down the field, scoring a TD with 20 seconds left on the clock, they get the 2 point conversion  and the time runs out after the onside kick.