2018 Ryder Cup: USA v. Europe

Jive Turkey

17 hours ago, Stu said:

Spieth and Reed will play together.  They're already tied for the most points by a US team in Ryder Cup history.  May split them for a session, but they're playing together.. They don't get along.. never really have.. it's why they are so good together.  Internally, they are trying to beat the shit out of each other.

Well for 1st Session..... No Reed & Spieth pairing....

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

21b8100a51108cee88c171e30a7e3c6b.jpg

Thoughts: Lefty not playing in 4 ball. Might not even play tomorrow. Bjorn put a rookie on every team. I like the U.S. in matches 3 and 4. Europe in match 1 and see match 2 as a push

Fowler and Finau are US Rookies scheduled in Session #1.... only US Rookie not scheduled for Session #1 is DeChambeau. Lefty might play 4Ball on Saturday....

Winning Match #1 would be huge for US Team.......

Edited by LTtxfan

Sitting for Session 1

USA: Bubba, Webb, Phil and Bryson

Euro: Poulter, Noren, Garcia and Stenson

The U.S. picks aren't too surprising but no Noren or particularly Poulter is a gift to the USA imo.

Match 1 is going to be a battle, but USA should be the favorite in 2, 3 and 4.  Anything less than 2.5 - 1.5 lead for the US will be a disappointment.  

12 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Sitting for Session 1

USA: Bubba, Webb, Phil and Bryson

Euro: Poulter, Noren, Garcia and Stenson

The U.S. picks aren't too surprising but no Noren or particularly Poulter is a gift to the USA imo.

Match 1 is going to be a battle, but USA should be the favorite in 2, 3 and 4.  Anything less than 2.5 - 1.5 lead for the US will be a disappointment.  

Based on recent history of Ryder Cups in Europe, 2.0 to 2.0 is not a bad start for USA.....

Eventhough many golf experts say the U.S. has much better players, for Matchplay purposes these seem like pretty even Teams

Edited by LTtxfan

The Friday and Saturday results from the last 5 Ryder Cups are as follows:

Friday Foursomes 12.0 - 8.0 USA

Friday Fourball 11.5 - 8.5 USA

Total Saturday 23.5 - 16.5 USA

Saturday Foursomes 12.5 - 7.5 EUR 

Saturday Fourball 10.5 - 9.5 USA

Total Saturday 22 - 18 EUR

Total Friday and Saturday 41.5 - 38.5 USA

On the other hand, the US has lost 5 of the last 6 Fridays and Saturdays in the last 3 Ryder Cups in Europe (Won 2010 Friday 5-3).

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

2-2 would match the USA's worst performance in the Friday morning session from the last 5 Ryder Cups (2012).  

giphy.gif

My Bad..... I thought morning session was foursomes.

Both Friday and Saturday Afternoon results in 2014 for foursomes were...

Europe 3.5.... USA 0.5

Those Two Sessions in Europe killed USA in 2014 ....

Edited by LTtxfan

Phil/Bryson and Webb/Bubba will play afternoon sessions tomorrow.  Furyk didn't call me or anything, but I'd say that's a pretty good bet.  

I don’t know about Phil playing in the afternoon foursomes. His wildness off the tee makes him very dicey in that format. That’s why I was very surprised he wasn’t playing in the morning fourballs.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Who are best possible partners for Lefty??

Rickie might be the most steady off the tee... and they've played lots of practice rounds together.

I'd love to see Phil and Bryson together, mic'd up for the entire round

Edited by Lou Loomis

Those two carry a fear factor, imo. Woods recent win sent a message, he can still intimidate and it just so happens two of Europe’s best saw it first hand. 

Then there’s Captain America who is annoying as fuck. Whose game elevated in this setting to get under your skin. Just so happens he would’ve seen Rahm, that mental midget versus Reed’s “antics” make me laugh. 

But oh well, we will see if the two quiet guys can silence the crowd with their ballstriking.

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Fyi....Besides Golf Channel TV Coverage, on Roku there's also a free Ryder Cup app that I think is  the RyderCup.com TV feed for folks that don't have access to Golf Channel.

Running 2 TVs so I can see both....🤣

I wish I could give you so much more rep for this. Cut the cord quite a while back, and was planning on calling it a night since I couldn’t watch. Then I saw this ^.  Up for the long haul now!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stinkpalm said:

I wish I could give you so much more rep for this. Cut the cord quite a while back, and was planning on calling it a night since I couldn’t watch. Then I saw this ^.  Up for the long haul now!

🤘  Jordan Damn near holes 2nd shot on #1.

For Cord Cutters..... Roku has free Ryder Cup TV app streaming live action.

Glad you are aboard "Stinkpalm"..... Hook'Em

Edited by LTtxfan

6 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

I’ll let it play out but I don’t understand the opening pairing by Furyk. If it were me, Reed and Woods are setting the tone. 

I feel the same. And not just because of the strength of the pairing. The crowd itself would almost assuredly break up to see Woods, taking a certain amount of pressure off of the other groups who could play with some anonymity while in their shadow. 

Getting to holes 7,8,9 without getting behind would favor the US.

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

So we are going to see every damn shot of tigers group and one shot from one of the other groups? This is BS, there are only four groups on the course

That appears to be the case. Definitely seems a little ridiculous considering, as you said, there are only four groups total to follow. Beggars can’t be choosers, though, I suppose. 

Tiger! Time to get that shot back

Edited by Stinkpalm

4 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

So we are going to see every damn shot of tigers group and one shot from one of the other groups? This is BS, there are only four groups on the course

They definitely should have featured a different match on the app. The tv is gonna feature Tigers match.