2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

It's amazing how many families are still impacted by Harvey after 18 months+. We just volunteered to help remodel a house that was damaged a few weeks ago. Your think it would be more widely known but it isn't. Would be nice for the news to report on it and spread awareness.

Your house just got demolished today from Harvey?
  • Like 2

As some of you know, I was stationed at Tyndall AFB during the hurricane. I'm now stationed at Eglin AFB in Florida but took a trip down to Mexico beach 2 months ago when I had business to take care of at Tyndall. While the cleanup continues and the logs are slowing being turned to chips, Mexico Beach is ravaged. People's personal belongings still are in the trees near by and hwy 98 is has mini sink holes everywhere.

I took an extended lunch break out there to people watch and I had to leave as it just breaks your heart to see so many folks who have lost stuff. Truly heartbreaking to see it.

Side note base is slowly recovering. Ut funding had dried up as of today. Waiting on new contract issuance. Estimates for rebuilt are $3-6 Billion

4 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

It's amazing how many families are still impacted by Harvey after 18 months+. We just volunteered to help remodel a house that was damaged a few weeks ago. Your think it would be more widely known but it isn't. Would be nice for the news to report on it and spread awareness.

No way.  It’s Texas.

20 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

16 hours ago, Rip76 said:

No way.  It’s Texas.

In all fairness, we are not the only show in town.  It has been an endless parade of disasters.  Since we were hammered by Harvey, just in the USA, there has been Florida, Puerto Rico, California (fires), and now severe mid-west flooding.  No cloakroom, but damn.  Buckle up, amigos!  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...