ESPN College GameDay location

Bob Lives!

It’s, tOSU at Happy Valley this weekend. But next weekend, the TX/OU game looks like a very likely destination. The main competition looks to be Auburn at Miss State or LSU at Florida. Notre Dame at VTech would’ve been in the running until the Hokies lost to ODU.

This weekend OU hosts RapeU and Texas goes to visit the Purple Wizard. Auburn plays SoMiss. LSU hosts Ole Miss. None of those wins move the radar in either direction. But Florida goes to Miss St this weekend. The winner of that game will likely be ranked in the 20’s and the loser unranked. This leaves only two likely games b/t ranked teams for the next GameDay location, barring a big upset loss: TX/OU and either Auburn @ Miss St or LSU @ Florida.

Which one makes the better seen for GameDay? I’m heavily biased in favor of seeing them at the fairgrounds for the 1st time in 7 years, but I worry that they’re biased in favor of the SEC and The Swamp.

Disclaimer: there’s a 0% you ever find me holding a sign behind a GameDay set. I’m almost 40 (almost a man). But having our games showcased on that show is good for our school and most particularly our recruiting. Would love to see them in Dallas for the RRS and in Austin for the Mountaineers game (which is extremely unlikely b/c that’s when Bama plays LSU).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't care anymore. Gameday is a shell of itself. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they showcased smaller colleges, historic rivalries, etc. instead of the flavor of the week every week. I know they've done it a few times, but that's what really makes college football special. Now get off my lawn!

• Like 2

Texas/OU kicks off at 11 a.m.  Given that they're doing their "expert picks" right up until that time (in shots in front of a "roaring crowd"), I would think they would pick somewhere else, because the gameday set would be empty when Corso is doing his headgear pick, because everyone would already be in the stadium.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

It's only good at the RRS for keeping a pocket of the crowd away from the concession and coupon booths. Does gameday really want to cover a game on Fox?

No way this is happening , however the game will be the biggest of the week.  That's why I want ou and the midget to get even more hype from the media.  We are gonna beat them, just wish I could be there like last season.

9 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Texas/OU kicks off at 11 a.m.  Given that they're doing their "expert picks" right up until that time (in shots in front of a "roaring crowd"), I would think they would pick somewhere else, because the gameday set would be empty when Corso is doing his headgear pick, because everyone would already be in the stadium.

In previous years when the game was at 11am and we had Gameday at TX/ou, they moved to a set on the field during the show so the pick was made live in the stadium.

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

No way this is happening , however the game will be the biggest of the week.  That's why I want ou and the midget to get even more hype from the media.  We are gonna beat them, just wish I could be there like last season.

I'm pretty sure I recall in the last two years, a game where ESPN College Gameday was present, but the actual game was to be played on CBS or FOX, so it's possible... 

• Like 1

Just now, kopp0e said:

I'm pretty sure I recall in the last two years, a game where ESPN College Gameday was present, but the actual game was to be played on CBS or FOX, so it's possible... 

If that's the case, then it's a no brainer right? Probable unbeaten OU playing it's toughest game to date against a probable "Hot" TX.  Plus for all the nostalgia, they should do it at the Fair next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

If that's the case, then it's a no brainer right? Probable unbeaten OU playing it's toughest game to date against a probable "Hot" TX.  Plus for all the nostalgia, they should do it at the Fair next week.

I honestly think defense/ and improving offense of Texas will be the toughest opponent Oklahoma will face all season, in the regular season...

• Like 1

Game Day is funny to watch. Kids start getting there at about midnight. The on-air talent starts showing up around 6:30.

The excitement starts to build as air time gets close and closer. Then the big moment.

And it hits everyone in the crowd - they have no clue what is going on because they don't get a feed of the broadcast, and all they can see is the back of the heads of the on-air crew. The fans are mostly behind the stage. The kids stand around for the next few house only knowing when to shout when prompted by production staff. Corso makes his pick, and everyone goes home.

If you like the back of Herbstreit's and Corso's heads, Game Day is a must. If you are interested in college football, its not worth the trouble to see it live.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Game Day is funny to watch. Kids start getting there at about midnight. The on-air talent starts showing up around 6:30.

The excitement starts to build as air time gets close and closer. Then the big moment.

And it hits everyone in the crowd - they have no clue what is going on because they don't get a feed of the broadcast, and all they can see is the back of the heads of the on-air crew. The fans are mostly behind the stage. The kids stand around for the next few house only knowing when to shout when prompted by production staff. Corso makes his pick, and everyone goes home.

If you like the back of Herbstreit's and Corso's heads, Game Day is a must. If you are interested in college football, its not worth the trouble to see it live.

I’m pretty sure they’ve been giving the crowd a live feed for a few years now. Many times you hear the crowd boo or cheer for a graphic of a rival or the home team. 

Edited by heso
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I've been to it before, it's more of a being in the moment kind of a thing, I personally like it... (minus Corso picking the wrong head before)...

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Cesspool guy gonna suck so much tOSU dick he may not be able to talk for blow U weekend anyway.

He picked mcsorley to win the heisman and psu to make the playoffs at the start of the season. 

From what I’ve seen of both teams so far idk how you don’t flip to osu at this point. They showed a little bit of a crack on defense last week with TCU playing super fast, but I don’t think the psu defense is going to be able to stop osu very often.

The big SEC game will be on CBS, not that it matters because while GameDay prefers ABC/ESPN locations, nowadays they know they have to break ranks several times a year for every conference except the ACC. Texas-OU is probably top of their list assuming both win this week. As mentioned above, they have no problem moving the talent into the stadium for the last 30 minutes or whatever.

Isn’t the RRS on Fox this year? If so, pretty unlikely that they would film College Gameday there.
Yeah, that's another reason we likely get fucked out of it, but I'm pretty sure they do GD at the biggest matchup regardless of the network the game is on...but if there's an equally big game on ABC/ESPN that would be the tie breaker.

2 hours ago, heso said:

He picked mcsorley to win the heisman and psu to make the playoffs at the start of the season. 

From what I’ve seen of both teams so far idk how you don’t flip to osu at this point. They showed a little bit of a crack on defense last week with TCU playing super fast, but I don’t think the psu defense is going to be able to stop osu very often.

OSU is going to get smashed in the CFP either way. I think they whoop Pedo state, go on to smash everyone in that pathetic conference, then go down by 30 points to either Gawgia, Clempson, or Bammer. 

25 minutes ago, Zavala said:

OSU is going to get smashed in the CFP either way. I think they whoop Pedo state, go on to smash everyone in that pathetic conference, then go down by 30 points to either Gawgia, Clempson, or Bammer. 

Right now I think it’s unlikely that UGA makes it. They have to play @LSU, auburn, and then bama in the sec championship. Granted they get a week off after LSU, umass the week after Auburn, so they don’t really have any tough back-to-backs. But there is probably a loss in there somewhere. Clemson, winner of psu-osu, and the winner of Stanford-domer all seem to have easier paths. And that assumes Oklahoma drops a game. 

And it’s not like we’ll get any sense of who UGA is OOC with a schedule of Austin Peay, middle Tennessee, umas, and GT who looks like absolute garbage this year. 

Edited by heso

2 minutes ago, heso said:

Right now I think it’s unlikely that UGA makes it. They have to play @LSU, auburn, and then bama in the sec championship. Granted they get a week off after LSU, umass the week after Auburn, so they don’t really have any tough back-to-backs. But there is probably a loss in there somewhere. Clemson, winner of psu-osu, and the winner of Stanford-domer all seem to have easier paths. And that assumes Oklahoma drops a game. 

I don't think Standford isn't getting in. You are probably right about Chokelahoma, although they may have to play us twice. 

That would be sick if they put one-loss, no championship game LSU in. 

7 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I don't think Standford isn't getting in. You are probably right about Chokelahoma, although they may have to play us twice. 

That would be sick if they put one-loss, no championship game LSU in. 

I don’t think Stanford gets in because I think they lose in south bend this week. But that leaves ND with wins over Michigan and Stanford and no one of major significance left of their schedule. Biggest thing that would help the sec get two teams in is Stanford beating ND, because Stanford drops at least one game after that. 

Edited by heso

11 minutes ago, heso said:

I don’t think Stanford gets in because I think they lose in south bend this week. But that leaves ND with wins over Michigan and Stanford and no one of major significance left of their schedule. Biggest thing that would help the sec get two teams in is Stanford beating ND, because Stanford drops at least one game after that. 

ND still have to play VaTech in Blacksburg...oh nevermind

Edited by jdhorn92

It’s possible but as stated above the Fox deal will  Kurt it’s chances    Although game day certainly picked up Fox broadcast in the past    This does have me noticing though that through the first six games of the season,  we will of had zero games on the ABC/ESPN family of networks, other than our own internal LHN who kicks up to them.    

I know there have been tweaks to the conference TV contract ,  I cannot help but feel that the back end of the season will be heavily weighted towards ABC/ESPN for the Longhorns 

Also noticed that the first eight weeks of the season including seven games and One bye week,  Texas will  have played a Grand total of one true Road game in those 8 weeks 

Edited by Lobo

27 minutes ago, heso said:

If Notre Dame goes undefeated, they're in.

They'll likely then have wins over the PAC12 north AND south winners if that's the case. They'd then edge out the Pac easy and the commentators will even jokingly call them the Pac champs. HAHAHAHAHA they're so clever.

I don't see a big12 winner with anything less than a 1 loss and I really think it's going to be a 2 loss team.... especially now that there is a championship game. There is just too much parity in the league. 

So you'll have:

1.) Bama

2.) tOSU or Pedo

3.) ACC champ: Either Miami or Clemson

4.) ND

That's my guess. 

Bama's schedule just lines up its toughest opponents too well for me to think they'll finish anything less than undefeated. Plus they get no real test from the SEC east.

LSU catches them after Florida, Georgia, and Miss State. 

LSU will be too battered.

I can't see Miss State beating them so....

If they lose to Auburn again, then they'll get in like last year.

If they make it to the SEC championship game, they'll make it regardless of a win or loss....

So by 11/3 we will have a clinched playoff spot w/ Bama in it (although we all knew it starting in August.)

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

If the game was on ABC/ESPN, it would be a no-brainer, even if we lose to KSU. But since it's on Fox, they roll to the SEC (LSU/UF or Auburn/MSU).

I could see maybe MissSt-Barn but feels like there's too many later SEC matchups I think they would wait for, UGA-LSU, Bama-LSU/Barn, LSU/Barn. 

If we both win, I think they will be at the state fair, they like story lines and fried everything. 

31 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

If Notre Dame goes undefeated, they're in.

They'll likely then have wins over the PAC12 north AND south winners if that's the case. They'd then edge out the Pac easy and the commentators will even jokingly call them the Pac champs. HAHAHAHAHA they're so clever.

I don't see a big12 winner with anything less than a 1 loss and I really think it's going to be a 2 loss team.... especially now that there is a championship game. There is just too much parity in the league. 

So you'll have:

1.) Bama

2.) tOSU or Pedo

3.) ACC champ: Either Miami or Clemson

4.) ND

That's my guess. 

Bama's schedule just lines up its toughest opponents too well for me to think they'll finish anything less than undefeated. Plus they get no real test from the SEC east.

LSU catches them after Florida, Georgia, and Miss State. 

LSU will be too battered.

I can't see Miss State beating them so....

If they lose to Auburn again, then they'll get in like last year.

If they make it to the SEC championship game, they'll make it regardless of a win or loss....

So by 11/3 we will have a clinched playoff spot w/ Bama in it (although we all knew it starting in August.)

I think your four are probably correct. I’m still a bit suspect on Miami making it in since they have a loss but if they win the rest and beat Clemson in the championship they probably do make it in. 

6 minutes ago, HornsinArky said:

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latest-news/2018/09/20/fox-sports-goes-texas-vs-oklahoma-annual-red-river-showdown

Looks like FOX has their own "pregame" in Dallas starting at 9am. Have ESPN and FOX both been in the same location before? If Texas wins, Gameday can either be there or it's FCS week IMO.

On air fight between the crews. Corso firing live rounds out of his mascot guns. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bartles said:

The big SEC game will be on CBS, not that it matters because while GameDay prefers ABC/ESPN locations, nowadays they know they have to break ranks several times a year for every conference except the ACC. Texas-OU is probably top of their list assuming both win this week. As mentioned above, they have no problem moving the talent into the stadium for the last 30 minutes or whatever.

I doubt Fox would allow ESPN to do that, I am betting that Fox will be inside the stadium anyway.

ESPN and Herp Baumstreet are too addicted to sec seminal fluids and the show is in decline and borderline pathetic.

We need to focus on winning games, that is all, the rest is stuff and nonsense.

There  are too many ways of getting attention to your program and recruits, and it’s not critical to have Gameday  honing in on a stand alone experience. Winning  is the most important way to get attention.

If there were no interwebs , then it might be useful for shits and giggles but now, it’s for losers.

Edited by El Squared

The studio location, on Lone Star Boulevard between the Texas Hall of State and the Esplanade, also features special fan giveaways and activities, courtesy of FOX Sports and its partners, prior to the game on Saturday.

This is where Gameday usually sets up.  No way they do both.  Fox with the cock block of ESPN.

3 hours ago, heso said:

Stanford is going to skull fuck the catlicks.