ESPN College GameDay location

Bob Lives!

10 hours ago, HornsinArky said:

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/latest-news/2018/09/20/fox-sports-goes-texas-vs-oklahoma-annual-red-river-showdown

Looks like FOX has their own "pregame" in Dallas starting at 9am. Have ESPN and FOX both been in the same location before? If Texas wins, Gameday can either be there or it's FCS week IMO.

I don't see any way College Gameday will be there now.  The FOX location will be exactly where Gameday usually sets up when there : "The studio location, on Lone Star Boulevard between the Texas Hall of State and the Esplanade, also features special fan giveaways and activities, courtesy of FOX Sports and its partners, prior to the game on Saturday."

Not to mention the fact that this thread has likely jinxed us in Manhattan (not that we need to be jinxed to lose there).

Edited by LonghornSean

16 hours ago, hornian said:

I really don't care anymore. Gameday is a shell of itself. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they showcased smaller colleges, historic rivalries, etc. instead of the flavor of the week every week. I know they've done it a few times, but that's what really makes college football special. Now get off my lawn!

Would love to see them cover more FCS and D2 schools.

So the options are basically Texas-OU (FOX), LSU-Florida (CBS), ND-VT (ESPN/ABC), or do their yearly small school game. I don't know if beating MSU/Duke is enough to get UF/VT back in the polls, but even if it is, Texas-OU will be the only top 20 match up. If they are willing to move off network they will definitely pick us over LSU/UF, so it really comes down to ND/VT. I'd think they would choose to come to the fair but the mouse does love them some ND so who knows...

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

So the options are basically Texas-OU (FOX), LSU-Florida (CBS), ND-VT (ESPN/ABC), or do their yearly small school game. I don't know if beating MSU/Duke is enough to get UF/VT back in the polls, but even if it is, Texas-OU will be the only top 20 match up. If they are willing to move off network they will definitely pick us over LSU/UF, so it really comes down to ND/VT. I'd think they would choose to come to the fair but the mouse does love them some ND so who knows...

Fox being at the TX/OU game is probably going to remove us as an option.  Smart money would typically be on LSU/UF because even though it’s on CBS they still love to pump up the SEC SEC SEC hell they did a whole segment on Tebow’s promise and highlighted Mullen on today’s GD.  But I’d bet they pass on that game because LSU/UGA is the following week so they likely won’t do LSU two weeks in a row.  So that would leave ND@VT or a random small school matchup.

• 2 years later...

Thoughts on gameday going to Fayetteville for TX/Arky? Sounds crazy but with the new SEC realignment right around the corner this just feeds into the hype. Ohio st/Oregon at 11am and USC/Stanford are only other big games that weekend. Already announced that Arky game is primetime on ESPN. Thoughts?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BlakeOfTheYear said:

Thoughts on gameday going to Fayetteville for TX/Arky? Sounds crazy but with the new SEC realignment right around the corner this just feeds into the hype. Ohio st/Oregon at 11am and USC/Stanford are only other big games that weekend. Already announced that Arky game is primetime on ESPN. Thoughts?

Maybe ESPN might not want to give a FOX game college gameday.  Ohio St vs Oregon and USC vs Stanford are Fox games.  I wouldn't rule out UW vs Michigan because its on ABC and will help them promote that time spot.  

1 hour ago, Tex48 said:

Maybe ESPN might not want to give a FOX game college gameday.  Ohio St vs Oregon and USC vs Stanford are Fox games.  I wouldn't rule out UW vs Michigan because its on ABC and will help them promote that time spot.  

Air Force-Navy on 9/11 may be one to watch out for too

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, BlakeOfTheYear said:

Highly doubtful they skip tOSU/Oregon, even if it is a Fox game. That's a blockbuster matchup.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex48 said:

Orgasmic

On 7/23/2021 at 9:59 AM, Mo Horn said:

Did a search, and this seemed like the best thread to post this important question. With Maria Taylor leaving ESPN, whose the next hottie to grace the program? 

Literally every college has smoking hot RTF grads that are competent enough to read a few lines every 15 mins.

• 2 months later...