Recommend me a dishwasher

Sbbruin

We bought a Bosch recently that has the timelight feature. It projects on the floor the time remaining in the cycle and the part of the cycle it is in (wash, rinse, dry, etc.). Thing is so quiet that without that it is tough to know if it is on or not.
BoschDishwasherPhotoTimeLight.jpg
Shit. Just bought a Bosch a few months ago and I don't think we have that feature. Hope we do because it is quiet and hard to tell what's going on

Bought it online and had home Depot or Lowe's haul off the old one installed myself. Very easy .

24 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Shit. Just bought a Bosch a few months ago and I don't think we have that feature. Hope we do because it is quiet and hard to tell what's going on

Bought it online and had home Depot or Lowe's haul off the old one installed myself. Very easy .

If it doesn't, it probably has the red light at the bottom. Either works fine for the purpose of knowing if the damn thing is running. 

2 hours ago, orange dream said:

We bought a Bosch recently that has the timelight feature. It projects on the floor the time remaining in the cycle and the part of the cycle it is in (wash, rinse, dry, etc.). Thing is so quiet that without that it is tough to know if it is on or not.

BoschDishwasherPhotoTimeLight.jpg

That's sweet. Our New Bosch has a red indicator light on the floor, but that's really nice.

I went to Lowes, and the appliance manager had nice tits.  

She also seemed to know her shit.  I told her I was looking for a dishwasher that wasn't an LG or Samsung.  She laughed and said I don't blame you.

She said that in her observations, Bosch was the most reliable and longest lasting.

Maybe she knows something.  I know something.  I know she had great tits. 

1 minute ago, Gil Bang said:

She also seemed to know her shit.  I told her I was looking for a dishwasher that wasn't an LG or Samsung.  She laughed and said I don't blame you.

She said that in her observations, Bosch was the most reliable and longest lasting.

Did you ask her if they had motorboats for sale ??

Lowes' earliest delivery date was the 27th and I don't want to wash dishes after the feast I cook for Game of Thrones, so I went to Home Depot and ordered the Bosch with the floor timer.  I'm actually a little depressed at how excited I am about a dishwasher, but I'm the one who is obsessive about everything in the kitchen.

• 1 year later...
It was between Bosch and KintchenAid for us last year and we went with KitchenAid. I had read the Bosch maybe doesn't dry as well or something, but really I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Had an 18 year old kenmore elite die on me the day before Christmas and it came down to the same two choices for me as well.

Went with the kitchenaid, shocked at how quiet it is.

Had an 18 year old kenmore elite die on me the day before Christmas and it came down to the same two choices for me as well.

Went with the kitchenaid, shocked at how quiet it is.
Too late for you to change your mind now, but just an update on my KitchenAid. I think I bought it about 2 years ago, but can't remember exactly. About three months ago it started getting progressively louder during the wash cycle. I eventually determined the motor had gone bad so I ordered a replacement and swapped it out myself. Pain in the ass and annoying after only two years, but at least it seems to have fixed the problem for now.

It may have just been a fluke, but I'll probably look at Bosch and Miele next time just because they seem to get great marks on long-term reliability.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Gil Bang said:

Update:  Still going strong.  One feature I particularly like with this Bosch is the 60 minute cycle, instead of the longer one.   We've never used anything other than the 60 min. cycle, and never had a dish that wasn't properly cleaned.  

Would recommend. 

I need to start using the shorter wash cycles on ours and see how they do. Our dishes aren't really that dirty when we put them in and the normal cycle takes like three hours.
Our Jenn Air is the same. Does a great job cleaning dishes, but we almost never use the 1 hour cycle.
  • Like 1

Is there a way to buy an industrial-grade dishwasher that fits in the regular hole and that will kick ass for several years? On my fucking dishwasher the nozzles regularly clog with sediment or whatever, I’ve had to replace the pump once after only getting maybe two years out of the original pump, and now the heating element broke and it’s on back order. And I always baby the fucking thing, like I practically wash the dirty dishes by hand before putting them in the machine.

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

Is there a way to buy an industrial-grade dishwasher that fits in the regular hole and that will kick ass for several years? On my fucking dishwasher the nozzles regularly clog with sediment or whatever, I’ve had to replace the pump once after only getting maybe two years out of the original pump, and now the heating element broke and it’s on back order. And I always baby the fucking thing, like I practically wash the dirty dishes by hand before putting them in the machine.

Have you considered filtering the water going to your dishwasher?

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

https://www.katom.com/027-DSP4DPS.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA57D_BRAZEiwAZcfCxeKXyTCwOCihvkPPUaqrtQUqXztr1OFhDTE4JcCW9rqYRyyzZJ6xOxoC6MEQAvD_BwE

20 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

$900-$1,400 or so depending on the model. 

We got lucky and picked up a model that had the door dented at Lowes for $99.  The new skin cost me $159, or $179 some shit, less than $200.   Been extremely happy so far.  They do dry just a bit less than others we've had in the past.  But for as quiet and as good as it cleans, I'm a Bosch fan.  Would highly reccomend.

House we bought two years ago has an ASKO brand dishwasher in a high end remodeled kitchen that essentially sold the house to my wife.

Fucking hate that thing.  I am sure its a $1000+ dishwasher.  It has a completely gibberish control panel interface, doesn’t dry dishes at all and therefore if you done make a conscious effort to unload ASAP upon end of cycle it makes dishes smell like old gym socks.  

On 12/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, fattyflattie said:

We got lucky and picked up a model that had the door dented at Lowes for $99.  The new skin cost me $159, or $179 some shit, less than $200.   Been extremely happy so far.  They do dry just a bit less than others we've had in the past.  But for as quiet and as good as it cleans, I'm a Bosch fan.  Would highly reccomend.

Similar story with the low-end Bosch we got last year.  Weird situation where someone had ordered it at Lowe's, but cancelled as it was en route to their house.  Marked down as an open box item to $175 or somesuch because it was special order.  Couldn't pass it up.

Agree with all the other Bosch owners, very quiet and would recommend.

Yeah that's pretty good luck. Seems like all the scratch and dent models I see out at Lowes or Home Depot are marked down like $100 even when they're beat to hell.

I have had some good luck picking up our KitchenAid fridge brand new in the box from Sears Outlet and our JennAir range with only minor damage to the side panel from Solo Outlet each for about 50% off.

7 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Yeah that's pretty good luck. Seems like all the scratch and dent models I see out at Lowes or Home Depot are marked down like $100 even when they're beat to hell.

I have had some good luck picking up our KitchenAid fridge brand new in the box from Sears Outlet and our JennAir range with only minor damage to the side panel from Solo Outlet each for about 50% off.

This one was beat to hell. Had to replace the entire door skin and the button plate up top (not buttons tho).   It worked out but could have easily damn near cost me just as much to fix.  Just got kinda lucky 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Okie State said:

I bought a nice Whirlpool Washer at Lowes last year for $99.   

No shit.    It's a thousand-dollar washer, in perfect condition.  I didn't even need a washer, but I bought it anyway.  I was in the store when they wheeled it out to the middle of the aisle and hung the cardboard clearance price on it. 

Fuckers even sold me a 5 year warranty.  I think I paid $59 for that.   Heh.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I’ve had the Bosch 300 for two years now, works like a champ and often run it in our open kitchen with no issues watching tv.  I thought I’d miss the ‘open air’ feature that pops the handle to help dry plastics…but since I’m permanent work from home, I either run it overnight or just open the door during the day.  Was like $750 at Lowe’s.  

I do wish it had an electrical heating element for plastics…but with young kids and associated plastic plates/flatware, my old one would melt that if I wasn’t careful.  

Now getting the rest of my family to not load it like dumbasses…that’s a different story.  

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I’ve had the Bosch 300 for two years now, works like a champ and often run it in our open kitchen with no issues watching tv.  I thought I’d miss the ‘open air’ feature that pops the handle to help dry plastics…but since I’m permanent work from home, I either run it overnight or just open the door during the day.  Was like $750 at Lowe’s.  

I do wish it had an electrical heating element for plastics…but with young kids and associated plastic plates/flatware, my old one would melt that if I wasn’t careful.  

Now getting the rest of my family to not load it like dumbasses…that’s a different story.  

That door opening mechanism failed on me once. $30 or so and about 10 mins to replace. We’ve had more success stacking plastics between the ceramics to aid in drying than the door opening.  That lack of drying really is the only drawback I’ve had (I’ve got 3 little kids with plastic plates for another year or so)