New Jeff Tweedy solo - "Warm"

oSuJeff97

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book.  Really interesting stuff if you've been a fan from Uncle Tupelo forward.  I found the stuff about his relationships with the two Jays to be really interesting.  Nothing shocking, but I'll put it in spoilers in case you want to read it for yourself.

Spoiler

My main takeaway (as told from Tweedy's perspective of course) was that Farrar was basically an asshole who became more and more jealous of Tweedy and couldn't handle it. Note that's not what Tweedy says explicitly.... just reading between the lines.  Tweedy says he was genuinely shocked when Farrar announced that he was leaving the band more or less out of the blue.

Jay Bennett was also described more or less what it seemed like... very talented but very needy/difficult personality who also had a pretty big drug problem. Tweedy says he fired him from Wilco not so much because of his difficult personality, but because he was already starting to get worried about his own addiction to prescription meds and was worried having Bennett around as his drug-enabling partner would eventually kill them both.

Speaking of the prescription meds... how he got started on that was pretty crazy.  Basically he had a legit prescription for Vicadon and when he went to pick them up from the pharmascy the pharmacist recognized him because he was a Wilco fan and basically told him he added some extra pills and could "hook him up" whenever he needed.  So that dude just started making regular deliveries to the Loft.  Crazy.