2019 S Tyler Owens

thepop

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Wow.  I don't think many not reading this article would realize - if accurate which it probably is - just how elite athletically Owens is overall, it's really ridiculous what the ceiling could be for a guy that athletic.  How did so many programs miss this guy?  Genuinely curious, did his athletic numbers just not get out there properly earlier on?

Just now, UTDD said:

Wow.  I don't think many not reading this article would realize - if accurate which it probably is - just how elite athletically Owens is overall, it's really ridiculous what the ceiling could be for a guy that athletic.  How did so many programs miss this guy?  Genuinely curious, did his athletic numbers just not get out there properly earlier on?

His junior tape wasn't particularly great.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I mean, I think it was 6 months ago so 🤷‍♂️

Then why is he just now transferring 6 games into the season?

I mean feel free to link what he said - not saying he didn't call it. 

Edited by ztejas

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

"Coach, why are you so confident that my son will receive a better education at Texas than tech?"

Looked like he was joking around, but he's been exposed to Tech edumucation now so it's hard to tell.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Wonder if he thinks the sun is real. Obviously the moon landing was faked, so we can scratch that one off. I have so many questions for him. Maybe he was just trolling.

If you're a borderline guy like him, the biggest job interview of your life may not be the best time to have jokes 

How does this even come up in conversation? 

Interviewer: “Who’s the hardest player you’ve had to cover in space?”

TO: “I don’t understand what the hell you’re even talking about which is why I had to transfer out from a perfectly fine situation and into Lubbock fucking Texas.”

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

"Coach, why are you so confident that my son will receive a better education at Texas than tech?"

LOL Yep. Demonstrating the value of a Tech education right there.

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I don't know how NFL teams don't seriously ding him with mental evaluations. Who wants to bother taking a player who offers this shit up? 

Jared Goff didn't know if the sun rises in the east or west, and he plays quarterback and went to Cal. If a DB from sand aggy high could play he'd get drafted even if he doesn't uhm like think there's other like planets and stuff. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Solar System expert Tyler Owens went 12'2" on the broad jump which is an absolutely freakish number...I believe just an inch of the all time record. 

It’s easy when you don’t believe in gravity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

If someone taught him how to pole vault he would be a great decathlete.

I remember reading that in high school he was high jumping 6'6" or 6' 8" with absolutely no training. Just like go out there, jump as high as you can, shrug your shoulders.

• Hook 'Em 2