Wally Fairway

All things lottery

12 hours ago, Armybrat said:

The store owner just got paid 50 Large for selling the winning ticket,  so he (Patel) and his family members who work at the place have no incentive to pursue that course.

I hope they upgrade the nacho and hotdog machine.

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

Real queso instead of plastic cheese spread?

5 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

That part about the story was really pissing me off.  The article said that if the winner didnt come forward, the store would not  have collected the $50k (and btw- why the fuck is it only $50k for a $1.5B win?).    The fucking state would have gotten back all the sales in their state as a rebate (as would all 43 other states),  it would have been a massive profit margin for all the states, and the fucking lottery wouldnt have paid the fucking store for selling a winning non-cashed ticket?    what the fuck kind of bullshit is that?

"everybody makes money except the guy who lost the ticket and the guy who actually sold the ticket"

On March 5, 2019 at 7:53 PM, Continental Op said:

I would love to know what this person did since finding out they won.  Did they act natural and keep going to work so they didn't tip anyone off?  If I had a $1.5 billion lottery ticket handy and tried to go to work and play it cool there's a pretty high chance I'd break a chair on someones head before lunch on the first day.  

I'd like to know where they stored the ticket. 

As an OCD'er - I cannot fathom how many times a day I would be double checking that the ticket was still safe where I stored it and double checking the numbers prior to claiming the prize.

15 hours ago, Incredulity said:

If I post tomorrow you know I didn’t win 380 tonight

still here.

CRAP.

30 minutes ago, NBMisha said:

I Got You Babe playing on the plastic clock radio....

“So put your little hand in mine...” 

OK, who is the Surly asshat who won $5M at HEB?

out yourself so we can all jump you and take your money

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/check-your-tickets-mega-millions-ticket-sold-at-austin-h-e-b-store-wins-5-million/2018391974

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A Mega Millions ticket sold at an H-E-B store on Slaughter Lane has won a lucky person $5 million Tuesday night, according to the Texas Lottery

The winning ticket was sold at H-E-B Store #068 located at 5800 Slaughter Lane in Austin. The ticket was a quick pick. 

The Mega Millions winning numbers are: 

10-50-55-56-58-15 

While there was no winner for the ultimate jackpot prize of $367 million, a ticket sold in Austin and another in Pennsylvania won the Match 5 + Megaplier prize which multiplied their $1 million winnings by 5. 

The person with the winning ticket will have to claim their prize within 180 days after the draw date and it won't be valid until it is presented for payment and meets the Commission's validation requirements.

57 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I would be the owner of the OX Ranch 2.0....only larger....and with more toys

Zero fucks given...

1444315991-oxhuntingranch.jpg?crop=1xw:1sherman-tank-ma-deuce-570x300.jpgimage.jpgox-ranch_01.jpgc700x420.jpg

Going there next spring for a fun weekend.   Will be a complete shitshow.  

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Going there next spring for a fun weekend.   Will be a complete shitshow.  

I.  HATE.  YOU.

*please take pics.....;)

$14.6 million winner goes unclaimed in Arizona; I had to check, but I was there 196 days ago, so at least it wasn't me.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/us/unclaimed-lottery-ticket-14-6-million-trnd/index.html

here is part of the story I find even more interesting - tons of unclaimed lottery prizes, billions - damn

There were $2.89 billion in unclaimed lottery prizes in the 12 months ending June 2017, lottery expert Brett Jacobson told CNN in 2018. And 167 prizes worth $1 million or more went unclaimed in fiscal 2017. The biggest-ever unclaimed prize was a $77 million winning ticket purchased in Georgia in June 2011.
Up until Monday, the largest unclaimed prize in Arizona had been a $4 million jackpot back in 1999. In fiscal year 2019, Arizona Lottery saw more than $11.6 million go unclaimed, Gilliland said.