Hannah Storm and Andrea Kremer . . . .

smwhorn

7 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

If they know the sport well enough and can provide good commentary, I don't give a shit who calls the game.  As long as its not Herbstreit, that douchenozzle is such a front runner it makes my ears bleed, it don't make a shit.

Gus Johnson is cool too.

Gus Johnson is the bees knees, man. 

5 minutes ago, The Triple Lindy said:

Image result for gus johnson gif

Dude is a fucking stud in case anyone was wondering:

Johnson attended the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy. He graduated in 1985. That same year, according to the winter 1997 edition of University of Detroit Jesuit's alumni magazine, Highlights, Johnson was all-league quarterback for the school's football team, an all-league shooting guard on the basketball team, and first baseman and catcher on the baseball team. The 1984–1985 University of Detroit Jesuit yearbook also notes that Johnson was a co-captain of both the football and basketball teams and most valuable player on the latter.

Johnson subsequently graduated from Howard University with a degree in political science in 1990 and was a four-year letter winner on Howard's baseball team.

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I cant remember that time I actually had the sound on when watching a game, college or pro.  Yall should try it. 

What the fuck do you listen to?  Your wife blabbing about some bullshit?  Kids screaming?  I don't have either, but I can remember my father sitting down watching football and that was his time.  No one bother him or just go and sit and watch it too.

Also, most of the time they share some information that I wouldn't know had the sound not been turned on.  Or are you one of them olds that listens to the radio call of the game?

4 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

What the fuck do you listen to?  Your wife blabbing about some bullshit?  Kids screaming?  I don't have either, but I can remember my father sitting down watching football and that was his time.  No one bother him or just go and sit and watch it too.

Also, most of the time they share some information that I wouldn't know had the sound not been turned on.  Or are you one of them olds that listens to the radio call of the game?

I can do NBA games on mute (and often do thanks to Reggie Miller).

Football just loses something without the sound on. There's too much downtime that needs to be filled. 

58 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I actually think they're good sideline reporters.  I just don't think I could handle an entire three hours of hearing both of them call a game.  I guess that makes me a male chauvinist. 

I think they can pull it off.  They're pretty good IMO, but then again I don't think their male counterparts are that awesome either so the bar isn't very high.  I'll refuse to watch the game however mainly because I haven't watched an NFL game in a long time.  

I"ll fully on board with people getting opportunities based on merit above all and I think these ladies are pretty capable.  On the flip side I was listening to one of the ESPn channels on SXM over the weekend and there was a show hosted by a female who was terrible.  She just seemed to ask question and sounded like she was reading.  Her "commentary" was very cliche and also sounded like she was reading off a script complete with flubs.  I'm all for T&A on television, but this is radio.  If you are several steps down in talent what's the point of putting a hot chick on the radio (at least she sounded hot).

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I think they can pull it off.  They're pretty good IMO, but then again I don't think their male counterparts are that awesome either so the bar isn't very high.  I'll refuse to watch the game however mainly because I haven't watched an NFL game in a long time.  

I"ll fully on board with people getting opportunities based on merit above all and I think these ladies are pretty capable.  On the flip side I was listening to one of the ESPn channels on SXM over the weekend and there was a show hosted by a female who was terrible.  She just seemed to ask question and sounded like she was reading.  Her "commentary" was very cliche and also sounded like she was reading off a script complete with flubs.  I'm all for T&A on television, but this is radio.  If you are several steps down in talent what's the point of putting a hot chick on the radio (at least she sounded hot).

So you're saying your opinion is pretty much worthless. Got it. 

And what the fuck does "sounded hot" mean?

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

It's like the definition of "obscene" I know it when I see it.  You don't know when a lady's voice sounds appealing to you?

What? Of course I do. I call the phone sex line 12 times a day to see if there are any hot-sounding girls that I could maybe take on a date. 

Because, obviously, if their voice is sexy they are physically attractive as well, and a proper mate for me to put my seed in. 

19 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Oh yeah I'm sure that is exactly what this is about. It's just a meritocracy run amok.

Just now, Zavala said:

Oh yeah I'm sure that is exactly what this is about. It's just a meritocracy run amok.

Hey man you're being a fucking masochistic cisgender.

Women NFL commentators have been held down for decades, despite droves of female co-eds dedicating their education and life's work to the art of studying NFL playcalling, we still have uneducated, unexperienced MALE commentators that are completely out of touch with the game. 

A 1997 study at Ithaca College found that female commentators actually scored 7 points HIGHER on the Madden-Costas composite ratings index than their male counterparts. Fucking explain that, hetero boy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1