Podcasts

OnAComputer

Hey y'all. What are you favorite football/sports podcasts? It doesn't have to be Texas football centric.
Here are mine:

• Pardon My Take: Love the interviews and how much of a fuck they don't give
  • The Bullcast: They're fucking hilarious and are the only Aggies I'd ever listen to.
  • Shutdown Fullacst: Great hosts with interesting topics on college football
  • HornsCast: What can I say? I'm narcissistic.
Edited by OnAComputer

I like Pretend We’re Football a lot because of how laid back and relaxed y’all are for it. Seems like it’s fun to make, which makes it fun to listen to. Probably not enough “Fire Shaka!” on that pod for much of the fan base. Also, the Rod Barbers podcast was dope, but I guess that one is dead? The other sports podcasts I listen to are more soccer and Man City specific, so people here won’t be interested in them. 

• Like 1

EJ & Roach have one, released on Friday but its a tough listen. Trey & BK have guests talking TXfb at least once a week. Stew and Bruce are also ok. Bud Elliott is pretty good as he will say things that no other "recruiting site" will say on the record, call out jimbo and bama/georgia cheating/commitment to winning. The all american and Staples have one but I am not a fan. 

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

Every year when football season starts creeping around (and by extension fantasy football), John Paulsen puts out a podcast called "The Most Accurate Podcast". Dude is perennially a top 10 finisher in fantasypros.com accuracy rankings. There are obviously a lot of fantasy football podcasts out there but most of the more popular ones are hosted by guys who don't have the skins on the wall - Paulsen is one of the only perennially top ranked experts that actually has his own podcast.

• Like 1

PAPN can be pretty good, though guests on the show really throw off the dynamic. 

Cousin Sal’s Monday podcast with Simmons is always a must listen. Not great analysis, but Sal’s charima is incredible. 

Totally Football Show is incredible if you follow soccer. Great balance between insight and jokes. 

33 minutes ago, scottonian said:

The Audible with Mandel and Feldman is my go to CFB podcast

They sound like great dudes but Stew gets on my nerves with his skeptism of anything Texas. Bruce might be my favorite guy in CFB if Ricky is now out of the business, he likes Coach Herman but is cautious as Stew & the haters harass anything pro us.

1a The Audible

1b Solid Verbal

2 Podcast Ain't Played Nobody

3 Maybe Shutdown Fullcast if I am out of other things.I find their non-CFB banter to be off-putting/grating (and I am a huge every day listening fan of Dallas' Ticket sports radio so it's not that I don't like it when hosts talk non-sports...I just don't dig how these guys go it).  For reference, I feel the same way when Trey and BK on the Horn are talking non-sports items.I think I am just spoiled at how well/unforced the Ticket guys make it sound.

• 2 years later...

Darius might be my favorite dude to listen to for Texas football. He keeps a level head and shows his maturity while Will attempts to drag him into quicksand.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:23 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Darrius Terrell on 4th and 5 is pretty good. Doesn’t pull any punches.

He's the best at talking football and reading the board for our team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goodman said:

Darius might be my favorite dude to listen to for Texas football. He keeps a level head and shows his maturity while Will attempts to drag him into quicksand.

He's the best at talking football and reading the board for our team.

The part on this 4th-and-5 Podcast beginning at 4:30 is very similar to the Dr. Mark Siegel segment on Tucker Carlson tonight. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...