2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Probably would be a b-backer for us. Not much of a need position but obviously he is a take. I am sure he will wind up back at home in Maryland, though.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:50 PM, Stampeder said:

SIAP:  For those wondering about T. Feaster, it looks like he's officially down to Va Tech and the other USC.  Not sure we had any real interest.

Good Call... Here's a live look at Coach BOOM

giphy.gif

SMU picks up transfer of former Alabama four-star tight end

Former Alabama tight end Kendrick James has found a new home. According to a report from Al.com, James is transferring from Alabama to SMU.  For James, the transfer will bring him a little closer to his home in Waco, Texas. It will also be a chance to start with a clean slate after finding his way into the dog house of Alabama head coach Nick Saban. James was one of three Alabama players suspended last December for unspecified NCAA violations. He reportedly entered the NCAA transfer portal earlier this month, leaving many to speculate he would be moving to a new program.

The former four-star recruit of the Crimson Tide will have to sit out the 2019 season before being ruled eligible to play for the Mustangs beginning in 2020. After having played in each of the past two seasons, James can use a redshirt year in 2019 and still have two seasons of eligibility at his disposal at SMU.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/29/smu-picks-up-transfer-of-former-alabama-four-star-tight-end/

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Former Alabama tight end Kendrick James has found a new home. According to a report from Al.com, James is transferring from Alabama to SMU.  For James, the transfer will bring him a little closer to his home in Waco, Texas. It will also be a chance to start with a clean slate after finding his way into the dog house of Alabama head coach Nick Saban. James was one of three Alabama players suspended last December for unspecified NCAA violations. He reportedly entered the NCAA transfer portal earlier this month, leaving many to speculate he would be moving to a new program.

The former four-star recruit of the Crimson Tide will have to sit out the 2019 season before being ruled eligible to play for the Mustangs beginning in 2020. After having played in each of the past two seasons, James can use a redshirt year in 2019 and still have two seasons of eligibility at his disposal at SMU.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/29/smu-picks-up-transfer-of-former-alabama-four-star-tight-end/

It seems like Alabama has had a huge number of transfers this year. Do we expect them to gargle balls?

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Haven't heard that name in a long, long time

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Haven't heard that name in a long, long time

especially since the quoted article didn't even bother to get his first name right...despite linking an AL newspaper that does have the correct first name

modern journalism is so fantastically shitty (kedrick)

crazy year, we thought we had major tennison then ala came in a took two of top three Texas TEs...and promptly did jack shit with either one though Tennison still has time

not that major is complaining about his time on campus

spacer.png

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

He needs to sit out a year and work on his game anyways.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Damn. That’s impressive. That dude was an absolute freak his senior year. 

I wonder what he got in trouble for at Bama. Must’ve been bad because he was good for Bama last year.

20 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He needs to sit out a year and work on his game anyways.

Damn. That’s impressive. That dude was an absolute freak his senior year. 

I wonder what he got in trouble for at Bama. Must’ve been bad because he was good for Bama last year.

I think @El Diablo said he had a really soft rep.

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think @El Diablo said he had a really soft rep.

Interesting. He has all the physical talent in the world and played some as a true freshman and was SEC ALL-freshman. 

It doesn’t look like this was just a transfer due to football not working out. This AL.com article makes it seem like he got suspended already this summer and then got in trouble again and was told to head elsewhere.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-lb-eyabi-anoma-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal.html

Edited by Burt Macklin

On 8/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Interesting. He has all the physical talent in the world and played some as a true freshman and was SEC ALL-freshman. 

It doesn’t look like this was just a transfer due to football not working out. This AL.com article makes it seem like he got suspended already this summer and then got in trouble again and was told to head elsewhere.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/07/alabama-lb-eyabi-anoma-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal.html

believe i saw he was dismissed from Bama, from the school side not the team side?

Eyabi Anoma, a five-star recruit from the 2019 signing class, is not a member of the Crimson Tide. He participated in spring drills but The Tuscaloosa News reported last week that Anoma was not enrolled at UA for the fall semester and he later entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

Alabama coach Nick Saban responded to Anoma’s status Saturday morning.

“There is laws that protect players and students on what you can and can’t say. The guy was dismissed from school and that’s really all I can say about it,” he said.

Edited by NoName

45 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

OLB Brenton Cox from UGA is now in the portal. I guess his only start was against us. 

tomhermancurse.jpg

EDIT: pos rep for anyone that can find the Tom Herman Curse image. I couldn't locate it but I know it exists!

Edited by UDontKnow

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

OLB Brenton Cox from UGA is now in the portal. I guess his only start was against us. 

Based on the name he's got to be a take for land thieves   

And if football doesn't work out he can run deliveries for Stoops. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1