2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Has Smith even been mentioned as somebody we're interested in? If not we're likely just a hat on the table. 

I assume we’re just a hat to fill out the table - but felt it was newsworthy enough to at least post the tweet. 

I havent seen any any of the 995’ers mention him. 

• Like 1

Here's what happened with McNeal, from Billy Embody (SMU 247 writer)

Alright... so here's what I've gathered. I can't get into too much detail because it's personal, but.... McNeal wasn't going to be on scholarship. He knew that coming in, but had a way to pay for school lined up and was ready to rock. 

Unfortunately, that way fell through and now he's got to find a way to have his final year of college paid for. So he's back in the portal looking for that option.

He was great while here. He did everything they asked, was a good influence, etc. Just didn't end up having a way to pay for school in the end.

SMU was upfront from the beginning about him not being on scholarship and he was cool with it. They're all leaving on good terms and they're going to help him as much as they can.

The reason why he wasn't going to be on scholarship is he'd count as a 2020 counter, meaning he'd take away a scholarship they could use in the 2020 class. Tough to validate a scholarship for a player with one semester that was more of a risk.

Anyway, he was great while here, but it didn't work out. Sucks, but is what it is.