2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

Joshua Moore's twin brother seems to have gotten in some trouble in Houston as he is indefinitely suspended.

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/UH-safety-Jordan-Moore-suspended-indefinitely-14399254.php

EDIT: I was one of those posters that hoped he would come to the 40 Acres as a walk-on and work his way on to scholarship. I'm glad the football gods did not grant my wish.

Edited by UDontKnow

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

My understanding is that he had Longhorn94 representing him during the arbitration. The NCAA eventually capitulated after Longhorn94’s 73rd digression into more Lake Travis football folklore. It also helped that he brought Gale Gilbert with him, who could be seen leering from the back pews and winking at the female NCAA rep. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Anyone think Herman and Hand will continue with grad transfers for the o-line at certain positions yearly, or if this is just for a two year thing since we needed immediate help. I'm all for taking a grad transfer yearly for the line. They've so far done well, so why stop? 

The hard part is they have actually qualify for whatever grad school degree they are pursuing.  Thus candidates will be limited to smaller schools known for academics.

We will continue to cherry pick grad transfers if Herman sees a hole on the team. If he is happy with who we have coming back, then we won't bring someone in. So if we lose Cosmi, Braun and Shack, we will fill from within unless there is an obviously better option on the grad transfer market.

8 minutes ago, Bevo said:

We will continue to cherry pick grad transfers if Herman sees a hole on the team. If he is happy with who we have coming back, then we won't bring someone in. So if we lose Cosmi, Braun and Shack, we will fill from within unless there is an obviously better option on the grad transfer market.

Oh shit, I have a feeling Cosmi will be getting Williams hype after this season and he's gone. He's better than Williams and will legit probably be a 1st rounder. That gives Herman 2 years to get his talent ready to go, and he's done well so far with Hand getting talent on the line. 

We are close to the point of not needing GT's for the OL. If we haul in our top targets in 2021, the depth chart should be loaded. Really like the GT's we've brought in though. Calvin was solid. Trey Watson was nails. Could not have pulled last season off without him. Braun looks to be a home run too. JUCO's have been decent but not sure the hit rate has been quite as good. More development required with them. We got really lucky with injuries last season on the OL and could use some more of it this season.

Edited by sith_horn

23 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

We are close to the point of not needing GT's for the OL. If we haul in our top targets in 2021, the depth chart should be loaded. Really like the GT's we've brought in though. Calvin was solid. Trey Watson was nails. Could not have pulled last season off without him. Braun looks to be a home run too. JUCO's have been decent but not sure the hit rate has been quite as good. More development required with them. We got really lucky with injuries last season on the OL and could use some more of it this season.

Even the Bamas of the world utilize the transfer market due to injuries, poor development of players, and availability of greater talent.

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Even the Bamas of the world utilize the transfer market due to injuries, poor development of players, and availability of greater talent.

Yeah, if we lose Cosmi, Braun, and Shack this year, I could see the staff going after a GT OL even if they like why they have in the young guys. You want some guys on the OL who have starts under their belt. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I wonder if the number one recruit from last year (Alfano) is going to enter the portal. Saban is saying he has disappeared for a little bit. Seems pretty suspicious with the season having started. 

They're pressing on him to take as much time as he needs, but not enter the portal.

41 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I wonder if the number one recruit from last year (Alfano) is going to enter the portal. Saban is saying he has disappeared for a little bit. Seems pretty suspicious with the season having started. 

He's from Jersey, so I'm sure aggy is the top transfer destination

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They're pressing on him to take as much time as he needs, but not enter the portal.

Article this player away from Bama... 5 Star

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-freshman-DL-Antonio-Alfano-disappeared-a-little-bit-135487853/  

https://247sports.com/Player/Antonio-Alfano-81734/

If Texas wants him, they've got to be the leader. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he'll end up playing for a better school than cougar high at QB. If he plays WR, he's a slot. Jake has that locked down next year, not a likely take if he wants to play offense just based on #s. We don't need a mercenary wr that risks a transfer. Now, if he wants to play corner....now that's interesting.... He has the speed and adequate size, physical guy, and if he decides early enough, should have the better part of a year to learn the position before playing meaningful minutes. Playing in the big12 gives him ample opportunity to put tape together defending the pass.

Well, I've convinced myself. He's coming to play corner at Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If Texas wants him, they've got to be the leader. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he'll end up playing for a better school than cougar high at QB. If he plays WR, he's a slot. Jake has that locked down next year, not a likely take if he wants to play offense just based on #s. We don't need a mercenary wr that risks a transfer. Now, if he wants to play corner....now that's interesting.... He has the speed and adequate size, physical guy, and if he decides early enough, should have the better part of a year to learn the position before playing meaningful minutes. Playing in the big12 gives him ample opportunity to put tape together defending the pass.

Well, I've convinced myself. He's coming to play corner at Texas. 

...or he goes and plays QB at Florida State for Baby Briles.