Jump to content
LTtxfan

2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

Recommended Posts

If Texas wants him, they've got to be the leader. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he'll end up playing for a better school than cougar high at QB. If he plays WR, he's a slot. Jake has that locked down next year, not a likely take if he wants to play offense just based on #s. We don't need a mercenary wr that risks a transfer. Now, if he wants to play corner....now that's interesting.... He has the speed and adequate size, physical guy, and if he decides early enough, should have the better part of a year to learn the position before playing meaningful minutes. Playing in the big12 gives him ample opportunity to put tape together defending the pass.

Well, I've convinced myself. He's coming to play corner at Texas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

If Texas wants him, they've got to be the leader. I don't think there's a chance in hell that he'll end up playing for a better school than cougar high at QB. If he plays WR, he's a slot. Jake has that locked down next year, not a likely take if he wants to play offense just based on #s. We don't need a mercenary wr that risks a transfer. Now, if he wants to play corner....now that's interesting.... He has the speed and adequate size, physical guy, and if he decides early enough, should have the better part of a year to learn the position before playing meaningful minutes. Playing in the big12 gives him ample opportunity to put tape together defending the pass.

Well, I've convinced myself. He's coming to play corner at Texas. 

...or he goes and plays QB at Florida State for Baby Briles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Viper said:

Rumor in the Aggy thread that Foster might enter the portal

It is going to be fun to review that Jimbo transition class down the line. We commented at the time that he was taking mercenaries and going about it a completely different way than Herman did, which makes for comedy gold ultimately. Herman’s transition class, in terms of starts contributed, may go down as fucking amazing. Less so for Aggie Recruiting 2018. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

It is going to be fun to review that Jimbo transition class down the line. We commented at the time that he was taking mercenaries and going about it a completely different way than Herman did, which makes for comedy gold ultimately. Herman’s transition class, in terms of starts contributed, may go down as fucking amazing. Less so for Aggie Recruiting 2018. 

Compare it to the Texas transition class, which has had only 1-2 transfers, depending on whether or not you want to count the grad transfer kicker.

The A&M class has already had six transfers, in one fewer year of time. Additionally, there's a decent chance two of it's better signees will never play again, in Vernon Jackson and Colten Blanton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 2:49 PM, texifornia said:

Hah nevermind, they're just punting on this year

EFLfAXGWwAcWyei?format=jpg&name=medium

Houston does realize that tanking doesn't improve their draft position, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Beavers. Oregon State gets a USC WR transfer (like he was added to the roster and everything) and Oregon immediately swipes him the week his pledge goes public: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2019/09/devon-williams-usc-transfer-and-reported-oregon-state-pledge-commits-to-oregon-ducks.html

Edited by texifornia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muhammad's issue is Leitao will be a 5th year senior, and Wiley and Liebrock will be third year guys by the time he's able to play; unless he's graduating or gets a waiver, which both seem unlikely, although he was an early enrollee so if he's smart and motivated, then maybe he graduates after the summer or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We should absolutely go after him. 

(I'm just assuming we want a TE on the roster that can block and catch)

Was 5th on the depth chart at Michigan and apparently hates blocking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Was 5th on the depth chart at Michigan and apparently hates blocking. 

Well most of the guys on our roster hate blocking and catching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bEastTexas said:

Was 5th on the depth chart at Michigan and apparently hates blocking. 

Also got caught in coaching changes. When he first signed they bulked him up to be one of the standard bulky Michigan blocking, occasional pass TE, now under Gattis they want the quicker, trimmer receiver occasional blocking TE.  So not sure a fit here either at current size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

= @closetojumping said he was homesick if I'm remembering right. Rutgers, Maryland or Penn State could be in for good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...