2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

On 12/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, texasstrong12 said:

There are a lot of grad transfer OL available. Justin Murphy just announced he's grad transferring from UCLA. 

Texas will land somebody if they are really searching for a grad transfer on the OL. 

Murphy and Hand started following each other. If Texas really wants Murphy I think they would be the favorites. 

Murphy played HS ball at Belton and played with Shackelford. 

• Like 1

10 intriguing transfer destinations for Justin Fields     By CHRIS HUMMER 

Some SEC Schools listed, so maybe no longer SEC restrictions on in Conference transfers anymore??

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Justin-Fields-transfer-possible-destinations-Ohio-State-Oklahoma-Florida-Penn-State-Florida-State-126505060/

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Any TEs available?  With Beck leaving, do we have anyone left who can block?  And Epps is looking like a WR instead of TE, so unless we play Liebrock as a freshman I’m not sure we have a receiving target there, either.

I've been saying this for months. A grad transfer at TE would not go amiss. We're relying on a redshirt sophomore with minimal experience (according to 9.95ers, a physicality deficit) and a junior whose physical development has been stunted due to a major knee injury.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Any TEs available?  With Beck leaving, do we have anyone left who can block?  And Epps is looking like a WR instead of TE, so unless we play Liebrock as a freshman I’m not sure we have a receiving target there, either.

Leitao can block.  He spent the season playing on the kick and punt units.

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I've been saying this for months. A grad transfer at TE would not go amiss. We're relying on a redshirt sophomore with minimal experience (according to 9.95ers, a physicality deficit) and a junior whose physical development has been stunted due to a major knee injury.

Isn't a decent TE from North Carolina available?

2 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Honestly, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I liked what Tre Watson did for us this season. It would be good to have an experienced back as the change of pace that doesn't fumble the ball and gets what he's blocked for. I really don't have faith in Daniel Young being anything above average, and thrusting freshman RBs into a contending team isn't optimal. 

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Not saying Leitao was the issue, but the fact he was on the punt unit doesn't instill a lot of confidence in blocking ability.

The only time I ever heard his name called was when he was getting a penalty called on him, or I remember him getting tossed around trying to block in some garbage time minutes.  I really expected to see him on the field contributing this year.

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I liked what Tre Watson did for us this season. It would be good to have an experienced back as the change of pace that doesn't fumble the ball and gets what he's blocked for. I really don't have faith in Daniel Young being anything above average, and thrusting freshman RBs into a contending team isn't optimal. 

That's a very popular opinion on the Recruiting board. We're absolutely after another GT RB this year.

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Another Tre Watson would be fucking fantastic.  Experienced, durable, intelligent guy who can catch the ball, blocks well and averages 4 yards a carry would be a huge get.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

2 years. He didn’t play in 2018.

On 65 attempts for a 4.3 average. 12 catches for 108 yards.

He’s a take.

IDK if he is among our best options, but he can't be worse than Young and he's gotta be more durable than Kirk.  Our staff should  perform their due diligence on this kid.

Edited by cafe society
typing is hard

9 minutes ago, cafe society said:

IDK if he is among our best options, but he can't be worse than Young and he's gotta be more durable than Kirk.  Our staff should  perform their due diligence on this kid.

Young has averaged 4.3 ypc on 123 carries. He’s caught 14 passes for 152 yards. Stephens may not be worse, but there’s no evidence he’s better.