2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

On 12/23/2018 at 6:56 PM, Tired of Lurking said:

Justin Fields will be leaving racist Georgia for the utopia of tolerance and open-mindedness of Oklahoma?

Yep, the goobers consider all Heisman winners to be Native Americans. Kyler Murray is now Apache-American. Gotta love PC.

On 12/17/2018 at 9:29 PM, texasstrong12 said:

In other Georgia news. Texas had a lot of interest in Ford last cycle. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of Ford's parents a Longhorn? 

More on Luke Ford....

"Georgia freshman TE Luke Ford is back practicing with Georgia after taking a leave of absence, but did enter the transfer portal.

Ford was back home with his family in Illinois for a couple of weeks, but was always believed to be returning after the holidays, and that's been confirmed. The transfer portal news is new, however, and it's possible that the four-star signing is looking to get closer to his home in Illinois. Because he didn't play in more than four games for Georgia -- and still won't even if he plays in the Sugar Bowl against Texas on Tuesday -- he'd be eligible to take a redshirt year, but would have to sit out the 2019 season if he goes to an FBS school. That is, of course, unless he received a hardship."

By: Seth Emerson      Dec 28, 2018

On 12/29/2018 at 8:34 AM, LTtxfan said:

Because he didn't play in more than four games for Georgia -- and still won't even if he plays in the Sugar Bowl against Texas on Tuesday -- he'd be eligible to take a redshirt year, but would have to sit out the 2019 season if he goes to an FBS school. That is, of course, unless he received a hardship."

life-lessons-flowchart.png

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Interesting..... Wonder if  Fields will apply for a hardship waiver due to the racial incident involving the Georgia Baseball Player??

("Earlier this season when Georgia was playing against Tennessee, Bulldogs baseball player Adam Sasser was overheard by other students using a racial slur to describe Fields when he yelled “put the n***** in!” Sasser was dismissed from the baseball team after the incident was investigated by Georgia’s Equal Opportunity Office, and he later issued an apology on social media.")

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/justin-fields-could-argue-that-he-is-is-transferring-because-he-feels-unsafe/477262

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Practice squad makes over $100,000/year.

Not too shabby to be paid 6 figures while you improve your game.

If, somehow, he does well at the combine, he could actually get drafted and pick up a signing bonus. I saw some Buffalo games and they had a fun offense to watch.

(Of course, if he'd gone to Washington State and had a big year under Leach, he'd be a 3rd rounder at the very least.)

40 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Practice squad makes over $100,000/year.

Not too shabby to be paid 6 figures while you improve your game.

If, somehow, he does well at the combine, he could actually get drafted and pick up a signing bonus. I saw some Buffalo games and they had a fun offense to watch.

(Of course, if he'd gone to Washington State and had a big year under Leach, he'd be a 3rd rounder at the very least.)

Yep because leach has had so many go in the top 3 rds 

1 minute ago, utfan87 said:

Yep because leach has had so many go in the top 3 rds 

This guy is 6'7", 245 lbs, and can move around the pocket AND run.

This isn't some 6'0" guy who shows up in some games and is shut down 1 to 3 games/year.

With a good year under Leach, there is no way that a BIGGER version of Josh Allen doesn't get picked by the end of the 3rd round.

In mid-October, I was saying "The best QB in Buffalo is playing for the COLLEGE team." The guy will start in the NFL. (Maybe he won't make an all-star roster, but he'll get starts.)

Had hip surgery this year but Texas should be all over this. Betiku has a lot of talent. 

That was the dude that got pissed at Hamm for writing the article with quotes - but he said he never spoke with Hamm, right? He was supposed to be one of those patented Sumlin west coast recruits.

Agree that we should be all over that.

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That was the dude that got pissed at Hamm for writing the article with quotes - but he said he never spoke with Hamm, right? He was supposed to be one of those patented Sumlin west coast recruits.

Agree that we should be all over that.

Not unless he can play DE. We are pretty stacked at B-Backer, I would think. Anyway, my point is that I think we have more pressing needs than a big LB.

On 1/6/2019 at 9:50 PM, Napoleon said:

This guy is 6'7", 245 lbs, and can move around the pocket AND run.

This isn't some 6'0" guy who shows up in some games and is shut down 1 to 3 games/year.

With a good year under Leach, there is no way that a BIGGER version of Josh Allen doesn't get picked by the end of the 3rd round.

In mid-October, I was saying "The best QB in Buffalo is playing for the COLLEGE team." The guy will start in the NFL. (Maybe he won't make an all-star roster, but he'll get starts.)

This is like saying dan McGwire is a bigger version of John elway 

5 hours ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

This is like saying dan McGwire is a bigger version of John elway 

Not really. Elway played at Stanford, McGwiire played at shit school, but was a stiff 6’8” (vs a very mobile 6’2”-ish).

Josh Allen went to Juco & then Wyoming... not exactly a “can’t miss prospect”. Josh Allen’s accuracy was shit in college (~54%). Josh Allen played like shit against his few good opponents his one year at Wyoming and was bad-then-good in his one all-star game. 

Josh Allen is big and can throw hard, but people didn’t realize that he was a “dual threat QB” until the end of the season. 

Elway was awesome in college and was the clear #1 pick. People always knew that he was going to be great. 

Dan McGwire was tall and played for a shit school. The fact that his brother was doing well for the A’s helped his hype, but he was never an awesome player. 

The U. of Buffalo kid was the ~14th ranked dual threat kid coming out of high school. His accuracy in college was ~58%. Unlike Allen, he didn’t go to Juco first. In fact, he has had a “more successful” college career than Allen. 

The differnce is Allen has a stronger arm while the Buffalo QB is a better QB... and bigger. They are both not great QBs, but Josh was a Top 10 pick based on arm strength... then size. Not because he was great in college, not because he was accurate, not because he was smart. He is a total project. The Buffalo kid is a project as well. So this is nothing like Elway/McGwire.

12 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

First thoughts:wonder what his height is. Looks a little type in the hips/lateral movement. Has a good first step. Was able to get off blocks well. Being a rs jr, can tell he can diagnose a play well 

My first thought was that kid knows how to use his hands