"The Office" appreciation thread

Sbbruin

Perhaps my favorite sitcom of this millenium.  And fuck the British version.  It is not welcome here. I had not watched it in years until my teenage son, and all his friends, got into early this year and he got me on it again.  Michael Scott is such a great character, and the rest of the cast is superb.  I watched this one last night and cried.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LonghornJones said:

"he got me on it again"

That's what she said.

I love this "that's what she said" scene.

And the Michael v Toby dynamic is greatness.

"If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice."

• Like 1

I've been re-watching over the past few months and finally got to the seasons where Michael moves away and Andy becomes manager. What a terrible decision. Andy was always wack as shit and they decided to make him a focal point. Right about the time they decided to make Kevin a joke. He was always a bit slower but was still cool, then they turned him into a drooling idiot around the time Andy took over. Seasons 1-6 are still great overall.

Creed is a very underrated character, he says some outlandish shit. And on 2nd watch Erin (receptionist after Pam) is pretty damn funny too, everything she does as a character is humorous.

Edited by BurdineBandit

You took me by the hand
You made me a man
That one night
You made everything all right
That one night
So raw so right all night all right
Oh yeah, oh yeah
Oh yeah

That one night(one night)
That one night(one night)
Oh yeah, oh yeah

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I love this "that's what she said" scene.

And the Michael v Toby dynamic is greatness.

"If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice."

In the preview screenshot for this video, Jan looks kinda like Dwight in drag.

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

I've been re-watching over the past few months and finally got to the seasons where Michael moves away and Andy becomes manager. What a terrible decision. Andy was always wack as shit and they decided to make him a focal point. Right about the time they decided to make Kevin a joke. He was always a bit slower but was still cool, then they turned him into a drooling idiot around the time Andy took over. Seasons 1-6 are still great overall.

Creed is a very underrated character, he says some outlandish shit. And on 2nd watch Erin (receptionist after Pam) is pretty damn funny too, everything she does as a character is humorous.

Image result for creed cult gif

This is probably my favorite Creed moment.

• Like 2

for those who don't know (which probably isn't many in this thread) creed bratton's real name is creed britton, and he was in fact a member of the grass roots in the 60's. that wasn't just a bit on the show. also, the story of him getting on the show is pretty great. iirc he knew one of the producers and was able to read the script and begged for a spot on the show but they had already filmed the pilot. creed invented his own character, wrote his own lines, convinced his producer buddy to let him audition, and the part was his. 

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Diversity Day day is still one of my favorite episodes and was the episode that hooked me for several more seasons (didn't ultimately finish the series, though).

Without question, maybe the best. Back when we could laugh at our differences.

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

for those who don't know (which probably isn't many in this thread) creed bratton's real name is creed britton, and he was in fact a member of the grass roots in the 60's. that wasn't just a bit on the show. also, the story of him getting on the show is pretty great. iirc he knew one of the producers and was able to read the script and begged for a spot on the show but they had already filmed the pilot. creed invented his own character, wrote his own lines, convinced his producer buddy to let him audition, and the part was his. 

Actually sounds "more awesome" than the story of how Nick Fury came into existence...

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

My cousin was in the Grass Roots, but only for one album in the early 80s.  Creed was long gone by then.