"The Office" appreciation thread

Sbbruin

I had seen a headline about this and assumed it was not a thing, because who would try and recast and restart that show. But now I'm not sure what a "reboot" is as it looks like what that article is talking about is bringing the show back with original cast members for more seasons.

Either way, nah. I mean, it wasn't perfect back to front, the last couple of seasons fizzled, but let sleeping Creed lie. It's an all time great sitcom, we don't need more, especially without Michael Scott.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I had seen a headline about this and assumed it was not a thing, because who would try and recast and restart that show. But now I'm not sure what a "reboot" is as it looks like what that article is talking about is bringing the show back with original cast members for more seasons.

Either way, nah. I mean, it wasn't perfect back to front, the last couple of seasons fizzled, but let sleeping Creed lie. It's an all time great sitcom, we don't need more, especially without Michael Scott.

Yeah that would be my first thought as well, but if Greg Daniels is developing it, it has a chance? I remember when it was originally announced that they were developing the BBC version for American television the initial reaction from most corners was that it couldn't/wouldn't work here, but Daniels made it different enough to work.

A new version of the The Office *could* work - it's not like there's a lack of mundane office stuff to lampoon - working (or not) from home, stupid Teams meeting, etc.

I could see them bringing back some original cast members to "bridge the gap" and introduce a new cast, but the key would be to not attempt, in any way shape or form, to try and replicate the original - do something new/different but with the same sort of concept ... it *could* work with the right cast and writers.... but it's a long shot.

Edited by oSuJeff97

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

A reboot?  It has disaster written all over it, but who knows.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a45301863/the-office-reboot-release-date-trailer-details/

Just do the Dwight/Schrute Farms spin-off they killed off. 

Rainn Wilson and Angela aren’t doing shit right now. 

32 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah that would be my first thought as well, but if Greg Daniels is developing it, it has a chance? I remember when it was originally announced that they were developing the BBC version for American television the initial reaction from most corners was that it couldn't/wouldn't work here, but Daniels made it different enough to work.

A new version of the The Office *could* work - it's not like there's a lack of mundane office stuff to lampoon - working (or not) from home, stupid Teams meeting, etc.

I could see them bringing back some original cast members to "bridge the gap" and introduce a new cast, but the key would be to not attempt, in any way shape or form, to try and replicate the original - do something new/different but with the same sort of concept ... it *could* work with the right cast and writers.... but it's a long shot.

It worked so well with Scrubs.

• Rage+1 1

A groundbreaking new series from the minds behind The Office and NBC about vampires sharing a house in Staten Island. 

An episode or two mashup of Colin Robinson going to Scranton to work in the original office would have been hilarious.

If there had been any spin-offs besides Dwight I think the adventures of Creed would have been quite funny.

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They all went their separate ways at the end of the series. Jim and Pam are in Austin, Kevin owns a bar, etc. A one-off reunion show would seem more practical. 

An episode where Jim gets separated from Pam while they are out on Rainey Street. He's found dead in Town Lake the following morning after having a chance run-in with Nico...err...the Town Lake Dumper.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Deej said:

An episode where Jim gets separated from Pam while they are out on Rainey Street. He's found dead in Town Lake the following morning after having a chance run-in with Nico...err...the Town Lake Dumper.

Pam gets a "lump" on her forehead working as a volunteer fire fighter / disaster scientist and then has a "relationship" with Romeo Rose.

• Haha 2