Survivor: David vs. Goliath

Chuckie Finster

i thought it was a great episode.  3 people with personality clashes with their tribes, but one of them just got eliminated on a medical.  he was an interesting cat, and would have liked to have seen how he panned out.  the other two outside looking in are the older black chick and the kentucky lawyer.  neither want to do any work, and that never fares well.

read an interview of probst on yahoo this morning and he says pat has made a complete recovery.  he said he and his family made a lot of sacrifices to allow him to come on the game, so it's a real shame it ended so quickly.  although the guy was bossy, and that puts a target on his back, at least we was working.  other people are bossy but just want to watch others do all the work.  he was a workhorse.  plus, it looked like he was showing a softer, teddy bear side that was started to endear him to those that were turned off by his abrasiveness and crude locker room language at first.

I wasn't a fan.  At the risk of turning this into a Badabing thread, I just thought the "Look at everything the Davids have overcome" stuff got a little tired.   I'd just prefer a bunch of people with different backgrounds going at it.  I.e.  the social game; not the contrived crap Probst kept going on about.  The first challenge on the ship?  Gee, I wonder if the underdogs will be able to go over a beam, under a net, and solve an 8-piece slide puzzle first.

Similarly to what some on here have complained about re: the idols, I just wish the producers would step back and let the game be itself.

6 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I wasn't a fan.  At the risk of turning this into a Badabing thread, I just thought the "Look at everything the Davids have overcome" stuff got a little tired.   I'd just prefer a bunch of people with different backgrounds going at it.  I.e.  the social game; not the contrived crap Probst kept going on about.  The first challenge on the ship?  Gee, I wonder if the underdogs will be able to go over a beam, under a net, and solve an 8-piece slide puzzle first.

Similarly to what some on here have complained about re: the idols, I just wish the producers would step back and let the game be itself.

It definitely got tiresome. Fortunately they usually abandon the theme after a few weeks.

goddammit, goddammit, goddammit.   why is it, time and time again, the hottest chicks get voted out so early.   so let me get this straight, you are stranded on an island, hanging out barely dressed, sleeping in the same shelter, with a close-knit opportunity to bond and you vote out the hottest chick?   Fucking puritan assholes.  Even the producers ought to wise up and step in for ratings sake and say okay, not this time, we're not voting out the hottest chick.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Welp, I would have bet it was going to be Natalie. 

Good move.  She doesn’t seem the easiest have on your tribe but Jeremy made himself too much of a target.  There are times you have to fade into the background and survivor loves to not select that type of person. 

Another terrible decision.  I agree Jeremy was more of a threat down the road, and he did put a target on his back by being paranoid about the side conversations, but it's way too early to be thinking about down the road.  That was your first tribal.  Keep the tribe strong for the merge.  You know Jeremy was a team player and would have been loyal after the merge.  Natalie will be no help getting you to that point, and disloyal once you get there.  stupid, stupid, stupid.

I think 'keeping the tribe strong' is a little overstated for this season where there's a clear 'physically strong' differential. They are probably going to swap a few members very soon to even it up a little, so those alliances in the beginning are going to have to be reworked after they actually merge.

I thought Bi/Carl were the extra stupid ones last night. Mason-Dixon lawyer guy (forgot his name) voted against them too; why the hell were they talking to him about who to target next? Made no sense to me.

They don't wait as long to nerge any more.  Matter of fact, I believe they're merging next week.  Ypu make the strongest alliances possible and keep your team strong at the moment.  Nat will flip in a second.  I believe the other guy would have been loyal.
Not merging i dont think...just Tribe swapping

I’ll put this under a spoiler tag, even though it was on the Next week on.... Survivor promo:

Spoiler

So, the preview shows Gabby all stressed, perhaps she understands she’s being targeted by country lawyer and others, and could be the next to go.

Then they show Jeff’s “Drop your buffs!”, which could possibly save her from being the target... except those tribe swaps always occur early in an episode, so her drama likely manifests itself after the change in the tribes. 

One of the few compelling things this season is the nerd romance between Gabby and Christian, so I’m sure the producers will try to keep that going (within the rules, I don’t need Mizzou getting upset about reality/game show ethics). 

42 minutes ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:
They don't wait as long to nerge any more.  Matter of fact, I believe they're merging next week.  Ypu make the strongest alliances possible and keep your team strong at the moment.  Nat will flip in a second.  I believe the other guy would have been loyal.

Not merging i dont think...just Tribe swapping

Right.  Same applies, though.  You don't want to show up at another tribe with 1 or 2 from your current tribe already willing to flip on you.  Firm up alliances so you have as much power as you can muster for any given twist.

Right.  Same applies, though.  You don't want to show up at another tribe with 1 or 2 from your current tribe already willing to flip on you.  Firm up alliances so you have as much power as you can muster for any given twist.

Lol natalie aint gonna be loyal. She already knows shes at the bottom.

15 hours ago, Scraps said:

I think it was an IT TEA ODD ICK move personally. Way too early. Cut the dead weight.

Way, way too early. 

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yep.  That's why I would have targeted her first.  I think Jeremy would have been loyal.  

Agreed. The devil that you know is better than the one you don't. Regardless of if Jeremy would have been loyal or not if you end up on a tribe with him when they mix things up at least you have a little bit of knowledge of who is on your tribe. Not to mention he's a hell of a lot stronger comp wise than Natalie. You mix things up and Natalie is on your tribe you have dead weight that in many cases screw you over. 

Early in the game it's all about managing risk and trying to win as many comps as you can while keeping as big of a core alliance as possible. With as many idols and twists they know throw in doesn't change the fact you need to keep those you can trust the most and help you win to avoid one of your alliance members being sent home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

What's the difference between this and regularass Survivor? I haven't watched in a decade or so.

At it's core it's the same show aside from the 10,000 immunity idols, advantages, and mixing up of the tribes multiple times to try and create drama/story that actually just takes away from my overall experience as a viewer. 

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

Ha, you have a prepared written statement? Lawyers gonna lawyer.

And the snark that Natalie responds with is off the charts awesome. Not a huge fan of her game play but this is pretty dam good-

UPDATE: CBS in the past has never let players still in the game officially respond to comments made by those in exit interviews. However, the network broke precedent and provided this statement from Angelina regarding Jeremy’s claims: “My husband and I are aware of Jeremy’s comments. While we do not appreciate his blatant mischaracterization of my friendship and alliance with John, I am not surprised he feels compelled to attempt to revise the narrative. I think all of this really comes down to one fundamental Survivor truth: being the first eliminated member of your tribe by a unanimous, undisclosed blindside, must really sting, especially for a supposed ‘Goliath.'”