X-Men Dark Phoenix

joeycovers

Looking forward to it.

It's funny that I actually saw people and YouTube videos claiming that once the Disney deal went through, they wouldn't even release this movie.  With all the money they already spent, and the fact that it was already completed filming and production.  Oh, and not to mention that huge cast with some big names.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Looking forward to it.

It's funny that I actually saw people and YouTube videos claiming that once the Disney deal went through, they wouldn't even release this movie.  With all the money they already spent, and the fact that it was already completed filming and production.  Oh, and not to mention that huge cast with some big names.

Yeah, this would be a good way to close out the Fox movies.  

But I wouldn’t mind them keeping quite a few cast, particularly Magneto and Xavier.  

I'm definitely going to see this because, Dark Phoenix is one of my favorite X-Men storylines,. But I'm a little underwhelmed with the trailer. It's probably because I don't find Sophie Turner to be that great of an actress. 

Unfortunately I agree on ST. And she’s surrounded by an all star cast who will likely outshine her. I feel like she got cast initially just because of the GoT buzz. But who knows, maybe this is her breakout moment.

14 hours ago, PokerFace said:

I'm definitely going to see this because, Dark Phoenix is one of my favorite X-Men storylines,. But I'm a little underwhelmed with the trailer. It's probably because I don't find Sophie Turner to be that great of an actress. 

pretty much right

On 9/27/2018 at 10:35 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

This one should take place in the 90s, correct?

80's? According to my crack research staff, First Class took place in 1962 and DOFP took place in 1973. 1984 perhaps? Those cops cars look straight out of Beverly Hills Cop.

Just now, Dr Fear said:

80's? According to my crack research staff, First Class took place in 1962 and DOFP took place in 1973. 1984 perhaps? Those cops cars look straight out of Beverly Hills Cop.

Update from the crack research staff, takes place in 1992.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09/28/x-men-dark-phoenix-timeline-1992/

20 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

You skipped Apocalypse, which takes place in the 80's. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, this would be a good way to close out the Fox movies.  

But I wouldn’t mind them keeping quite a few cast, particularly Magneto and Xavier.  

Same.  I think the McAvoy and  Fassbender are great for their roles.

I don’t think ST is a bad actress. She will do fine. She’s just going up against Fassbender, McAvoy, and Jennifer Lawrence. They are all amazing. So it’s kind of not fair 
JLaw may be a good actress, but she's fucking annoying in the XMen series. Worst part by far... maybe excluding Bryan Pedo Singer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I really hope that Disney/Marvel finds a way to bring the universes back together.  Maybe in Infinity Wars 2 part of resolving that storyline introduces the XMen back into the timeline somehow.

Since the First Class reboot, I prefer the X-Men movies to the Marvel universe (except for Apocalypse which kind of sucked).  I wish they would have left them alone.

2 hours ago, Facemask said:

JLaw may be a good actress, but she's fucking annoying in the XMen series. Worst part by far... maybe excluding Bryan Pedo Singer

I get the feeling she's kind of mailing it in for these movies.

IMHO Singer is what makes these movies what they are. Note how meh the series was when he wasn't involved. That said, his background is pretty messy and might get him removed eventually.

It's not his supposed Pedo past. Matthew Vaughn revived XMen with First Class. DOFP was really good because Vaughn was still involved. Then Singer once again Fd it up with XM: A. Logan was great because Singer wasn't involved.

He peaked at Usual Suspects.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:10 PM, Longhornfan1024 said:

Y'all must have watched a different trailer than I did.  I went in expecting it to look bad and it looked even worse than I suspected.  They need to just quit having the pedo make these movies and give them over to the MCU.  

If you're talking about Bryan Singer, he's not involved with this movie...... It's Simon Kinberg who wrote and directed it.

Spoiler

There's been rumors for years that she wants out of the franchise, but she keeps signing on.  Her original 3 picture deal would have expired with Apocolypse.   I assume because the money is so good.

Responding to that Death Spoiler

Edited by Bateshorn

• 4 months later...
What’s up with the half ass makeup on Mystique? It’s like the makeup artist walked off the job 1/4 of the way in and the director said fuck it, we gotta stay on schedule.
The fact that Mystique/Raven is a somewhat central focus in these films sucks.