Westworld Season 2

mackavelli

Also, I like that they answered the question of where it’s located so people stop with the theories (it’s under the sea!!).  It’s on an island that the Chinese sold to Delos. Doesn’t explain how all the flora from North America is on it, but there you go. 

I don’t think so. Ed Harris’s character is way older than that character. But maybe they have good gene treatments in the future to keep you younger?

Good point. Also I rewatched and he said his name was Carl something so I think that’s a no go.

Man Ep 1 was a lot to take in. What a great show.

24 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Wait, I got the island part, but I missed the China part. 

The Delos security were arguing w/ Chinese soldiers. 

3 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

Good point. Also I rewatched and he said his name was Carl something so I think that’s a no go.

Man Ep 1 was a lot to take in. What a great show.

The new head security guy? Apparently he's credited as Karl Strand

So Ed Harris is still playing a game. It's just another level created for him by Anthony Hopkins. (with real consequences aka you could die)

No one knows Bernard is a robot still? 

The other company (or is it just the board of directors) are still trying to steal the IP from Westworld. They built a secret bunker to do it. But they want some Host named Peter Abernathy?

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

The other company (or is it just the board of directors) are still trying to steal the IP from Westworld. They built a secret bunker to do it. But they want some Host named Peter Abernathy?

Yes - last season, all the IP they wanted to steal was uploaded to this host's (Delores' dad) brain.

41 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

So were the red cards the security chick had pics of humans they were trying to identify? 

Yes - that was my understanding.  OF course, they think Bernard is a human . . . 

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

So Ed Harris is still playing a game. It's just another level created for him by Anthony Hopkins. (with real consequences aka you could die)

No one knows Bernard is a robot still? 

I think it is the main company, not the competing one or maybe they are one in the same. I think they sent her out to protect their IP from Ford. Would not surprise me if he was the one sending out little bits to a competitor. He knew they were trying to wrest control away from him.

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I figured it was Maeve when they found him, but then Ford wasn't surprised to see him at the gala either. so... 

1 hour ago, llanoflash said:

the asian tech guy fixed bernard.. right?

he found him and then thought he might be a host too?

how in the fuck did the hemsworth dude just show back up? did i miss something there?

They (Maeve and Felix (Asian Tech Guy)) fixed Bernard up in season finale of Season 1 after they found him with the gunshot. Also of note - Felix said the bullet grazed his cortical shield, which is why (I guess) he is leaking the brain goo and had to inject more into his head  

Re: Stubbs (Hemsworth) - I think he may be a host now. He might be who Ford was building in the bunker where he had Bernard kill his side piece. I mean he’s Probably not a host, but I doubt that host being built in Season 1 is just not going to pop back up. And that would explain his absence from the finale last season. So right now my money is on it being Stubbs. 

Edited by hornian
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, fhetw said:

Hemsworth only shows up in one of the timelines so far, so hopefully that will be explained in future episodes. 

Theres a theory that they know both Bernard And Hemsworth are hosts. 

Who is they?

The Corporation (board of directors) know both Bernard and Hemsworth are hosts? And hence the secuirty team on the beach to save the place knows? And also the yellow dress rep from the board?

She could know. She had no problem taking off her dress in front of him. 

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Who is they?

The Corporation (board of directors) know both Bernard and Hemsworth are hosts? And hence the secuirty team on the beach to save the place knows? And also the yellow dress rep from the board?

She could know. She had no problem taking off her dress in front of him. 

Ya the board.

Charlotte (Yellow Dress) has only been in the after party timeline, so we dont know what happened to her. But in the after episode teaser

Spoiler

she is standing in a room with 3 Bernards

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Re: Stubbs (Hemsworth) - I think he may be a host now. He might be who Ford was building in the bunker where he had Bernard kill his side piece. I mean he’s Probably not a host, but I doubt that host being built in Season 1 is just not going to pop back up. And that would explain his absence from the finale last season. So right now my money is on it being Stubbs. 

Wait. How could that be?  Hemsworth was in the same (later) timeline as Bernard/Side Piece in season one.  In fact, I believe Side Piece and Hemsworth shared scenes together.

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Wait. How could that be?  Hemsworth was in the same (later) timeline as Bernard/Side Piece in season one.  In fact, I believe Side Piece and Hemsworth shared scenes together.

Budget Hemsworth and Side Piece Elsie were partners right? They had several scenes together I believe. Have we confirmed that she is dead?

2 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So I'll put the following in spoilers about Elsie not because it's something that I know about the show... , but just in case you want to be 100% spoiler free... It's just something that has been reported in the press already:

Spoiler

It's been confirmed by the actress who plays Elsie (Shannon Woodward) that she does appear in WW season 2.  Of course, with the show's crazy timelines, that doesn't mean she survived season 1, per se, but for whatever it's worth, Elsie will appear in Season 2.

Edited by oSuJeff97

I always assumed that Elsie was dead and Bernard (controlled by Ford) killed her.  One thing that always bugged me about Elise was how she kissed Clementine in the first episode of S1.  I get it, a bunch of pervs work there, but it's so out of character with what she was the rest of the season.

Great episode last night, dug the two timelines.  I really hope Sizemore gets a violent death, he's a boring character.  It was cool to get the confirmation that it's all on one big ass island.  Makes it easy so that "regular" people don't just show up or planes flying overhead or anything like that.

Great start to the season. I was disappointed about halfway through the episode because my prediction of "oh Dolores and her army are just going to leave Westworld and take over the human world by the end of the series" seemed to be coming true. That would've been really predictable and boring. I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen anymore. 

2 hours ago, RTF Horn said:

I always assumed that Elsie was dead and Bernard (controlled by Ford) killed her.  One thing that always bugged me about Elise was how she kissed Clementine in the first episode of S1.  I get it, a bunch of pervs work there, but it's so out of character with what she was the rest of the season.

Maybe it was tied to how she called out the necro dude later on for banging the bots.  She mentioned they always log their encounters even when out of the world.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Side piece in this context meant Theresa, not Elsie. You may have known who I meant, but I think other people were calling Elsie "side piece."

I mean it's pretty easy, linearly, that the Host that was being printed at the end of Season 1 replaced Stubbs and he is now a host in Season 2. And to be clear, I think Stubbs in Season 1 was human. (I'm not 100% on the episode numbers - but you get the idea).

S1E8 -> We see the host being built/printed in Ford's bunker when Theresa and Bernard go down there. Big reveal Bernard is a Host. Bernard kills Theresa. Host is still being printed at end of episode.

S1E9 -> Ford takes away Bernard's memory of Theresa at beginning of episode. Stubbs tells Bernard "Sorry about your loss" and Bernard is like, what, I was just friends with Theresa. So Ford knows Stubbs knew about Ford and Theresa. At the end of the episode Stubbs gets jumped by the Ghost Nation (who don't respond to voice commands), never shows up again in Season 1. We never find out who the host being built/printed was meant to replace.

S1E10 -> Massacre goes down. Stubbs MIA. 

S2E1 -> Stubbs is back "2 weeks" after massacre. The Delos guy makes a comment about the largest loss of life occurring on his watch (even though we know he wasn't actually running the QA response during the massacre). Stubbs doesn't react to that comment the way I would assume most people would if they were getting called out.

I'm just speculating because we got the Chekhov's Gun of an "unregistered" host being printed in S1, and the next Episode Stubbs get's jumped never to be seen again, and then shows up S2E1, that Stubbs in S2 is a Host.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Makes sense.  I'm glad you fuckers are paying attention.  Thanks.  

I rewatched S1 earlier this month to get ready. Picked up on a lot I missed first time through - like how Maeve got rid of the vertebrae with the explosive charge so she could escape (she caused herself to get killed in a fire so they had to print a whole new body, the white Tech (Sylvester, I think) got blackmailed into replacing the vertebrae before her body was printed), and also that Ford didn't actually program Dolores to kill him (the way Arnold did) - he just suggested she do it, and she took him up on his suggestion (i.e. she choose to do it, proving she had free will/consciousness). 

So the Host being printed and the whereabouts of Stubbs were both on my mind watching S2E1. I'm not saying it's correct - I'm just throwing my theory out there. 

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Side piece in this context meant Theresa, not Elsie. You may have known who I meant, but I think other people were calling Elsie "side piece."

I mean it's pretty easy, linearly, that the Host that was being printed at the end of Season 1 replaced Stubbs and he is now a host in Season 2. And to be clear, I think Stubbs in Season 1 was human. (I'm not 100% on the episode numbers - but you get the idea).

S1E8 -> We see the host being built/printed in Ford's bunker when Theresa and Bernard go down there. Big reveal Bernard is a Host. Bernard kills Theresa. Host is still being printed at end of episode.

S1E9 -> Ford takes away Bernard's memory of Theresa at beginning of episode. Stubbs tells Bernard "Sorry about your loss" and Bernard is like, what, I was just friends with Theresa. So Ford knows Stubbs knew about Ford and Theresa. At the end of the episode Stubbs gets jumped by the Ghost Nation (who don't respond to voice commands), never shows up again in Season 1. We never find out who the host being built/printed was meant to replace.

S1E10 -> Massacre goes down. Stubbs MIA. 

S2E1 -> Stubbs is back "2 weeks" after massacre. The Delos guy makes a comment about the largest loss of life occurring on his watch (even though we know he wasn't actually running the QA response during the massacre). Stubbs doesn't react to that comment the way I would assume most people would if they were getting called out.

I'm just speculating because we got the Chekhov's Gun of an "unregistered" host being printed in S1, and the next Episode Stubbs get's jumped never to be seen again, and then shows up S2E1, that Stubbs in S2 is a Host.

I have been drinking but is it possible the host being created was Robert, and the human Robert is still alive and secretly banging the delectable Dolores (clitoris!)?

3 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

I have been drinking but is it possible the host being created was Robert, and the human Robert is still alive and secretly banging the delectable Dolores (clitoris!)?

The maggots coming out of Robert’s face say no. 

The dead Hosts don’t decompose, but dead humans do. 

Agreed on human Ford being dead now that we’ve seen his decomposing body. I suppose he could’ve created a host version of himself to live on after his death, but that would be somewhat problematic because a lot of people either saw him killed or saw his body 2 weeks later. It would be hard to fool anyone at this point.

3 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Agreed on human Ford being dead now that we’ve seen his decomposing body. I suppose he could’ve created a host version of himself to live on after his death, but that would be somewhat problematic because a lot of people either saw him killed or saw his body 2 weeks later. It would be hard to fool anyone at this point.

He uploaded himself into the kid version, maybe multiple copies. You saw one that William shot in this episode. The one that explained that the current game was for him.