Westworld Season 2

mackavelli

9 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

As I didn't note it before, I might or might not watch season 3. I don't really care much. I'm very blah on the idea. 

I gave up after 3 episodes of this season.  I had no problem following it; I just lost interest.  Good concept, good actors, uneven writing, meandering plot.  Meh.

9 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I deleted the final episode with about 30 minutes remaining.  I don't think I've ever done that, but this was such a beating.  Fucking terrible.  

You missed all the good narrated exposition

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I was on vacation for 2 weeks and finally watched this over the weekend.  I thought the finale was garbage and I’m out on Season 3.  It wasn’t too complicated to understand.  It was just arbitrary, boring, largely contradictory to the world established in Season 1, and clearly attempting to be philosophical without anything particularly interesting to say. 

Jonathan Nolan and JJ Abrams channeled all their worst qualities into the second half of this season.  I like a number of movies Nolan’s had a hand in, but his formula is getting played out and when he gets too far down the rabbit hole it’s some of the worst stuff in Hollywood.  You can stop remaking Memento in all your other projects now, please.  The Prestige, Inception and Westworld Season 1 were good enough.  Just rest on those laurels and find a new angle.

i have no idea what jonathan nolan is like on his own from his brother, but i'm starting to have a feeling.  i also have no idea how much jj abrams is even involved in the day-to-day.

but hey, at least they're remaking memento, right?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope they don't give the show the ROME treatment

Paramount Ranch has been the location of countless movies and TV shows over the past 90 years, including the HBO sci-fi western Westworld. But that history has sadly turned to ash over the past 24 hours, engulfed by the flames of the Woolsey wildfire that’s devastating Southern California right now.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/paramount-ranch-location-for-hbos-westworld-and-countl-1830356170

• 1 month later...

Season 2 is a Steaming Pile of Shit.  

Can't believe i watched the whole fucking thing.

The editors constant use of non-linear editing to attempt to mask the defective plot. 

the feminismistic plotlines reminded me of Godless.

Evan Rachel Wood = Howdy Doody with less personality.

Is it against the rules to lay pipe into a robot in the future?  this has me thinking of doing a WestWorld prequel that has Westworld evolving from the Fleshlight factory here in Austin using the Terminator 2 plotline.

Sorry to be lazy ... my Spidey Sense went off during the S1 finale, so I never started S2. Anyone kind enough to provide a summary? Sounds like from this page Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, ERW, and Bernard (noracist) are all the same immortal computer program created by the guy that owned Jurassic Park?

On 12/19/2018 at 12:04 PM, alincoln said:

Loved season 1 and watched half of the first episode of season 2 before bailing.  Looks like I will pretend it was a one season show.

i'm in this boat. i enjoyed the mystery in season one. 

but about halfway through the first episode of season two, i looked at my wife and said "wtf is this?" it was quickly apparent that they decided to go into full wachowski matrix sequel mode and get intrinsically abstract just for the hell of it. smelling their own farts, as it were. the exact words i told my wife were "i don't feel like spending 10 hours watching a show being intentionally confused."

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Dunno where they’re going with it, but I’m in.

Yeah I'm in for now.  Dropping a trailer ~8 months before 2020....okay.  Screams "don't cancel HBO, don't forget about our other shows!!!" 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

I quit watching this show with 30 minutes left in the S2 finale.  And when I quit, I thought it was 30 minutes left in the series finale.  I don't think I've ever stuck with a show that long only to give up with 30 minutes left.  I just hated every minute I spent watching this show after season 1.  I commend you that are sticking with it.  I may just not be smart enough for this show.  

Edited by Go Pokes

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

me before got finale - “ooohh, hello, this looks interesti- god dammit it’s westworld. i forgot aaron paul was gonna do it. shit.”

LOL I had the same reaction... I'm like, "Ooohh... Aaron Paul in a dystopian future world show..? This looks goo.....FUCK ME IT'S WESTWORLD!"

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I quit watching this show with 30 minutes left in the S2 finale.  And when I quit, I thought it was 30 minutes left in the series finale.  I don't think I've ever stuck with a show that long only to give up with 30 minutes left.  I just hated every minute I spent watching this show after season 1.  I commend you that are sticking with it.  I may just not be smart enough for this show.  

think i posted it upthread, but the wife and i hung it up after S2 ep 1. we just looked at each other and both said "what the fuck?" then we decided that the story in S1 was great the way it was told out of order and all, but we didn't have it in us to watch an entire season confused AF about shit.

3 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

I've lost faith in HBO.  Season 2 was shit.  GOT seasons 6-7 were shit.  It will look amazing but be terrible, like many Terrance Malick films.  

When HBO does something well, they do it really well - Sopranos, Band of Brothers, GoT seasons 1-6, The Wire seasons 1-4, True Detective season 1, The Leftovers, Westworld season 1, Big Little Lies, Rome

HBO also whiffs on a lot of things - True Detective season 2-3, Westworld season 2, The Deuce, The Night Of

2 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

When HBO does something well, they do it really well - Sopranos, Band of Brothers, GoT seasons 1-6, The Wire seasons 1-4, True Detective season 1, The Leftovers, Westworld season 1, Big Little Lies, Rome

HBO also whiffs on a lot of things - True Detective season 2-3, Westworld season 2, The Deuce, The Night Of

Silicon Valley Season 1-4ish?

Speaking of, why is SV on the GoT final season production schedule of taking 2 years off before it's (presumably) last season?

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a series nosedive like that before. I loved season 1 and I probably won’t watch season 3.

Yep.  When will the producers realize great writing is, and always be the "secret sauce" they are desperately trying to find....especially now.  CGI was cool at first, but now that we are accustomed, great story lines and writing is even more important.  

Edited by BabaYaga

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Silicon Valley Season 1-4ish?

Speaking of, why is SV on the GoT final season production schedule of taking 2 years off before it's (presumably) last season?

sv had about 2.5 good to great seasons. i don’t really care if/when it comes back.

but yeah, lately these hbo shows are taking over a year off and coming back with 8 eps. 

annoying. 

17 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

No "John from Cincinnati" on the "whiff" list?  :)

Also, I enjoyed TD season 3 and the Deuce. Neither were all-time great HBO shows, but they were worth a watch.