Westworld Season 2

mackavelli

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

India tiger huntress really reminded me of Theresa Cullen from Season.  I thought it was a timeline play to get us to think that was how she came to Delos Corp. in the first place.  Not just the way she looked, but her slightly trans-Atlantic manner of speaking.  The way she held her cigarette.  The way she literally went to extremes to test the humanity of her sex-mate, something she obviously never bothered with in regards to Bernard.  But I was wrong based on the bengal timeline.  Bernard still happens upon her soon just the same...

Season is off to a good start.  With the progress of the first two episodes, I suspect we'll have a lot of filler/flashbacks.

I saw an interesting theory about her on Reddit the other day. It had to do with the gentleman in white she was talking to before loverboy approached her. She was writing in her journal as he was talking to her and got up. You can probably find more on the googles if you do a search for westworld man in white, but I wont post it her out of respect for those who don't like speculative spoilers.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I saw an interesting theory about her on Reddit the other day. It had to do with the gentleman in white she was talking to before loverboy approached her. She was writing in her journal as he was talking to her and got up. You can probably find more on the googles if you do a search for westworld man in white, but I wont post it her out of respect for those who don't like speculative spoilers.

I like spoilers, and I like that theory.

The theory is that the man in white is older Logan after got pushed out of the company. Homegirl is seen writing in her book and then it shows a map in her book with the same symbol that was seen when Bernard was trying to crack the encryption or whatever on Dolores' dad. So supposedly Logan is trying to get revenge or something like that.

I still don’t understand why William said the same line as Dolores during different timelines 
Have you ever seen anything so full of Splendor?
Delores said it when Arnold was still testing Delores and took her to the big city. She was supposed to meet and bang Logan to get his investment but Tallulah Riley took her place. 
William said it to Delores years later after he supposedly fell in love with her, then realized that wasn’t real, then moved on etc. 
Did William read through her code or something? 

William is a host.

That was a pretty big episode. Now we know that they do have (or are working on) memory upload technology, Logan flamed out, William’s wife killed her self, and tiger lady is William’s daughter.

Not sure what Bernard is up to. Any guesses who he was printing a processor for? Ford?

I don’t love the gimmick of leaving half the cast out each episode to save money. But that was a great William episode.

So Williams the other host? Now that we know there was a third? That makes the most sense since the game is now for him. Maybe what he discovers at the end of the game is they perfected it with him and his punishment is he has to live forever?

Can we talk about the music?

For the record, once Mick Jagger shuffles off this mortal coil, my first post in the "RIP Mick Jagger" thread was going to be

I met a gin-soaked, bar-room queen in Memphis
She tried to take me upstairs for a ride
She had to heave me right across shoulder
Cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind

But after tonight, it might be:

Well, you've got your diamonds and you've got your pretty clothes
And the chauffeur drives your car
You let everybody know
But don't play with me, 'cause you're playing with fire

That was a fucking great episode, jam-packed with tons of new info. I’ll have to watch again for sure. 

Although I didn’t love them telegraphing what was going to happen through the previews - any of us who thought that the new chick may have been MIB’s daughter knew the payoff before the episode started. 

Must have been quite a few years between young William visiting Delos and “Ed Harris MIB” visiting Delos.  Wonder if they fixed the glitches in that time frame and if there are other human minds in host bodies in the park. Seems like any of the characters at this point could be a host, real human, or mix of the two which I’m sure was intended.

46 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The last time he visited was right before he enters the park the last time. Supposedly confirmed by looking at dates on screens. So the latest version of Delhost had only been in there 14 days when they find him.

Yeah, I want to make sure I've got the timeline right here:

1. MIB leaves batshit daddy Deloss in his cage.
  2. Bernard becomes self-aware and presumably wrecks shop in that lab (as seen last night).
  3. Ford makes Bernard shoot himself in the head.
  4. Host uprising and guest massacre.
  5. Bernard hauls ass with Hale (wait, where the fuck is Hale now?) and gets captured by the Confederados.
  6. Dolores double-crosses the Cconfederados and Bernard escapes only to be later recaptured.
  7. Bernard and Elsie rediscover the lab with daddy Deloss, finally terminating his tortured soul.
  8.  ?
  9. The cavalry arrives, discovers drowned hosts, starts exterminating survivors, and finds Benard.

Does that all sound about right?

1 minute ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I think that looks right.

Also in between 4 and 5 would be Stubbs and MIB's daughter being "saved" by Ghost Nation;  MIB's daughter runs away and then they just let Stubbs go.

Right.

Of course, there are also the Maeve and MIB storylines happening simultaneously.

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

2. Bernard becomes self-aware and presumably wrecks shop in that lab (as seen last night).

I’m a bit lost on that part. Are y’all saying that Bernard visited and destroyed that lab on his own? That was triggered by his realization he was a host?

I was thinking it was the same lab we saw him visit with Charlotte earlier in the season. They entered through a different entrance (elevator in the ground vs the cave), but I guess what got me was the syringe of cortical fluid conveniently laying on the counter. I figured that was the syringe Bernard previously used on himself, unless we are to believe there are multiple labs with a similar appearance and that cortical fluid syringes are a common tool in the lab.

19 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I’m a bit lost on that part. Are y’all saying that Bernard visited and destroyed that lab on his own? That was triggered by his realization he was a host?

I was thinking it was the same lab we saw him visit with Charlotte earlier in the season. They entered through a different entrance (elevator in the ground vs the cave), but I guess what got me was the syringe of cortical fluid conveniently laying on the counter. I figured that was the syringe Bernard previously used on himself, unless we are to believe there are multiple labs with a similar appearance and that cortical fluid syringes are a common tool in the lab.

I think it's a different lab. If it's the same lab, how did he have time to visit it with Charlotte after the barn hideout (lab was fine then), go on the Confederate attack, get taken to the cave, and then somewhere in the middle of that have time to destroy it by himself?

Honestly, I have no idea about anything with this show.  I'm terrible with time hopping plots.  

4 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I think it's a different lab. If it's the same lab, how did he have time to visit it with Charlotte after the barn hideout (lab was fine then), go on the Confederate attack, get taken to the cave, and then somewhere in the middle of that have time to destroy it by himself?

I was struggling to reconcile that part of the timeline as well.

If Bernard visited and destroyed the James Delos lab on his own (prior to shooting himself in the head), was this destruction done under Ford’s control? Seems like William had turned his back on the James Delos immortality project merely days before that destruction occurred. It’s hard to know on which issues Ford and William were aligned and on which issues they were opposed. 

As far as Hale, we haven’t seen what happens between after they left after capturing Abernathy and when she sees Bernard later.

My guess is Bernard uploaded the data to himself, and that Abernathy was “empty” once they got him back to the security HQ. She says something like “he keeps slipping away from us”.

33 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

I was struggling to reconcile that part of the timeline as well.

If Bernard visited and destroyed the James Delos lab on his own (prior to shooting himself in the head), was this destruction done under Ford’s control? Seems like William had turned his back on the James Delos immortality project merely days before that destruction occurred. It’s hard to know on which issues Ford and William were aligned and on which issues they were opposed. 

I don't think we know yet. 

1 hour ago, wild_turkey said:

That was just a total guess on my part as it's the only timeline that I figure makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

So has everything we've seen so far been before Bernard was found washed up on the beach?  I was starting to think there are two Bernards?

That's my understanding. Check Anton's post above for someone's best guess at a timeline.

Sorry for the thread derail, but this seems pertinent:

'Memory transplant' achieved in snails

Memory transfer has been at the heart of science fiction for decades, but it's becoming more like science fact.

A team successfully transplanted memories by transferring a form of genetic information called RNA from one snail into another.

The snails were trained to develop a defensive reaction.

When the RNA was inserted into snails that had not undergone this process, they behaved just as if they had been sensitised.

Traditionally, long-term memories were thought to be stored at the brain's synapses, the junctions between nerve cells. Each neuron has several thousand synapses.

But Prof Glanzman said: "If memories were stored at synapses, there is no way our experiment would have worked."

The UCLA professor of integrative biology holds a different view, believing that memories are stored in the nuclei of neurons. The paper might support hints from studies conducted decades ago that RNA was involved in memory.

The type of RNA relevant to these findings is believed to regulate a variety functions in the cell involved with the development and disease.

The researchers said that the cells and molecular processes in the marine snails are similar to those in humans, despite the fact that the snail has about 20,000 neurons in its central nervous system and humans are thought to have about 100 billion.

No kidding, these women are perfect.  There's a saying "Men love women for who they are, women love men for who they can be.  But women change and men stay the same."
These women (until this reprogramming) don't change.  It's the same woman every day.  Perfect.

Until they get woke and start ruining the lives of you and everyone you know.

Maybe they are more human than human...

3 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

What a mind fuck of a series.  I can't even imagine trying to explain this to my wife. 

Funny.  Mine has walked in a couple of times.  "What are they doing?  Why are they killing everyone? What's going on?"  "It's ok, honey.  They're all robots'. 

My wife loves the show - I thought she might give it a pass after the extreme violence of S2E1, but the story has been great in the following episodes and she’s all in again. 

Agree with those who say last night was the best episode of the series. Fantastic. I think that the “human host” is MIB and he’s in his “interview” after not surviving the uprising. The only hole in that is that I don’t get the impression that Ford really had a hand in the secret immortality project, but that’s probably a false assumption. 

I wonder if Human Memory Robot #2 is William's daughter.  

It's too vain for William to use it on himself.  Ford I could see as well as Bernard, but it was the MIB that seemed to be working on it with Bernard at some point so I am going to guess it's not Ford.

Edited by deech

One thing that stand out for me is a line that MIB had when talking to Delos-host for the 149th time, "Maybe humans weren't meant to live forever." (paraphrasing)

Take that what it's worth, but it makes me think that MIB wouldn't voluntarily be in on a scheme to clone of himself.

16 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

What a mind fuck of a series.  I can't even imagine trying to explain this to my wife. 

"old rich dudes want to live forever; the rest of us just wanna fuck robots who dont talk back"

• Haha 1