86th Texas Legislative Session 01/08/19 - 05/27/19 thread of fail

Message Board User

26 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Glad to see at least some effort being put into addressing that issue, but it really fucking chaps my hide that the FCC and FTC have been so derelict in doing fucking anything to fix this issue.

5 hours ago, relapse98 said:

I do want to congratulate him on finally getting a bill approved the the House. 4 sessions and finally a bill of his they voted out of the House. Must be a big day in GED land.

Too late to edit, but I need to apologize for this. It was his first time in 4 sessions that a bill of his hit the House floor for debate. That is an impressive stat. There are desks in the building doing more work than he is.

Edited by relapse98

Guest Lobo

Well I’m glad the next lieutenant governor of Texas just revealed himself     

You just don’t hear the term sorcery used enough in today’s contemporary political landscape 

I for one Look forward to representative Stricklands debate with orko from he-man

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

This guy is literally trying to rid the world of neglected tropical diseases - his life mission.

And Stickland treats him like shit. It's really amazing. Stickland is a fuck tard of the highest order.

The Texas lege has always had its fair share of complete loons. Low pay every two years plus just the state itself has always guaranteed that. I’ll be completely shocked if and when the day comes that the lege is loon free. Not gonna hold my breath. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Guest Lobo

Anyone else think Dan Patrick either had a stroke or saw something at Sante Fe, TX that fucked with his wiring?  

That's kind of weird for a GOP house member to preach about body autonomy like that. I get the concept of "my body, my choice" but how can you apply that to vaccines and not abortion? 

To heck with these guys and their hypocrisy. It’s not body autonomy for me and my hormones (they’d most certainly prefer I not have autonomy) or for the woman who needs an abortion but when it comes to vaccines for them body autonomy is paramount and the fact that it harms my kids that their kids aren’t vaccinated has no bearing. It’s not logical or rational, it’s not based in science or fairness, it’s pure control, power and selfishness. Our way, no discussion. To heck with them. All of them.
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 12:13 PM, Message Board User said:

Disagree - so many teachers out there just mailing it in and not giving a shit, teaching to the dumb kids so that the smart kids are bored out of their mind, and doing nothing innovative.  At least that's been my experience with the public schools.

Don’t be angry at us for being bored out of our minds while your teachers were trying to help you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's kind of weird for a GOP house member to preach about body autonomy like that. I get the concept of "my body, my choice" but how can you apply that to vaccines and not abortion? 

Lol you must not be familiar with the Republican party

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, relapse98 said:

I've heard this sales tax bill is causing a bit of strife in the Senate. Goeb is going to cause less members in his party to support him. The upset people may start voting against every bill.

Good.

fuck him and fuck anything he tries to pass. I don’t want him to have any success or anything to be happy about. All I want for that man is despair and failure.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, HRSchenker said:

Time to start throwing their words back at them.  

Abortion? 

you have no right to come between me and my doctor of choice

• Like 1

Texas House flirts with eliminating biggest chunk of Texans’ property tax in 2022

House Bill 297 by Rep. Andrew Murr, R-Junction, would cost the state a startling $58.5 billion in the 2022-2023 budget cycle. Murr has indicated that the bill is not so much a promise to eliminate the school property tax in three years as it is to start a meaningful conversation about the feasibility of replacing property tax revenue with sales tax revenue as a main source of funding for schools.

Sounds great except for things like:

Murr said during last month’s committee hearing that the sales tax could go as high as 14% to meet the state’s constitutional duty of funding public schools. The current combined state and local tax rate is a maximum of 8.25%.

And

Sales tax revenue has also been more volatile than property tax revenue over the last 20 years, according to Comptroller Glenn Hegar.

I think, based on the article, he is trying to start a conversation along the lines of "If you want a change in property tax, where is that coming from". But I think you are playing with fire passing a bill that eliminates the M&O portion of property tax that is used to fund ISDs. You are then relying on the next session to repeal this new law and get a new one passed - and Danny Goeb has now pissed off just about everyone except the carpetbagging lesbian. I don't trust these retards to sharpen a pencil, much less repeal this fire bill. Nuh uh.

Edited by relapse98
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, relapse98 said:

Texas House flirts with eliminating biggest chunk of Texans’ property tax in 2022

Sounds great except for things like:

And

I think, based on the article, he is trying to start a conversation along the lines of "If you want a change in property tax, where is that coming from". But I think you are playing with fire passing a bill that eliminates the M&O portion of property tax that is used to fund ISDs. You are then relying on the next session to repeal this new law and get a new one passed - and Danny Goeb has now pissed off just about everyone except the carpetbagging lesbian. I don't trust these retards to sharpen a pencil, much less repeal this fire bill. Nuh uh.

He’s just starting a conversation that’s worth having. If we aren’t going to fund things that we have to through property taxes then where the fuck is the money going to come from? Everybody hates their property taxes but shits all over all the other options. We can’t even bring up the i word without heads exploding.

He’s just starting a conversation that’s worth having. If we aren’t going to fund things that we have to through property taxes then where the fuck is the money going to come from? Everybody hates their property taxes but shits all over all the other options. We can’t even bring up the i word without heads exploding.

If only there was a large, geographically inflexible industry that should be paying a lot more in taxes given the obscene money made while the state turns a blind eye to even the most basic enforcement of regulations designed to protect citizens and the environment.

It will never happen, they own the state government, but that's where the money should be coming from.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

a chicken in every pot?

Get this we are Arkansas bullshit out of here. There is nothing more annoying than a rooster cockadoodling at 530am. No. Let cities govern themselves on the hyper local stuff already people. Good lord.

3 hours ago, troph said:

Let cities govern themselves on the hyper local stuff already people.

At one time, our legislature was big on that. For some reason, the past few sessions it feels like they are fighting cities. I still argue those closest to the constituents know what is best for their locality.

45 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

At one time, our legislature was big on that. For some reason, the past few sessions it feels like they are fighting cities. I still argue those closest to the constituents know what is best for their locality.

You sound like one of those libtard snowflakes

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Not exactly legislature based, but will someone please tell me which one of you dropped Sid Miller on his head as a child?  

And are there accurate numbers that show how much money Texans actually gamble in LA/OK/NM?  And outside of Nevada (which is an economic outlier for a number of reasons)...what percentage of lost wagers actually end up in those state coffers?  I'm guessing something like 10-20%, but I dunno.  

On 5/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Actually lots of people view medical marijuana as a good way to “get in” to closed minded states. Oklahoma is a good example, last summer they had a ballot initiative for a very liberal medical marijuana law. The politicians, oil industry, law enforcement, churches pretty much all teamed up to oppose it and tried to brain the wash the voters into voting it down. Thankfully, it passed by a close to 60-40% margin.  

It turns out the powerful people in Oklahoma are so dumb that they don’t know what’s good for them. The marijuana industry is expanding so fast in that state and they are going to make a lot of tax dollars off it. A state that can’t even hold onto its own teachers and their leaders fought against a cheap and easy way to increase tax revenue. What a bunch of idiots. I’m glad the people of Oklahoma saw right through it tho.

HB3703 is scheduled for a Senate committee hearing this afternoon. I'd prefer it to be HB1365, but we all knew it would be a slow slog. With every inch, we normalize it a little bit more.

Edited by MillerEP

6 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

HB3703 is scheduled for a Senate committee hearing this afternoon. I'd prefer it to be HB1365, but we all knew it would be a slow slog. With every inch, we normalize it a little bit more.

It’s better than nothing, but not great really. Wouldn’t that bill just expand that stupid compassionate Texans program?  The bill that only 1% of patients are getting the medicine they need statewide?  

I doubt we would even be putting in dispensaries with flower under the bill. Oh well, at least those people aren’t completely retarded. I saw that the hemp bill passed without issue. 

Does that mean normal people can go to CBD stores statewide and not have to worry about the cops?

it looks like this issue won’t advance in a significant way until we get a democratic president or we get rid of that idiot potty Patrick.

Edited by Voldemort86

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

It’s better than nothing, but not great really. Wouldn’t that bill just expand that stupid compassionate Texans program?  The bill that only 1% of patients are getting the medicine they need statewide?  

I doubt we would even be putting in dispensaries with flower under the bill. Oh well, at least those people aren’t completely retarded. I saw that the hemp bill passed without issue. 

Does that mean normal people can go to CBD stores statewide and not have to worry about the cops?

The one that addresses cbd is the industrial hemp bill I think (HB1325), that one already passed both the house and senate. The senate made some edits, which means it just needs the house to agree on the tracked changes, and then it'll go the governor's office for signing. Since it passed the house with large support, there is no reason to think it won't become law, unless the governor for some reason vetos it. 

HB3703 does expand on the Texas Compassionate Program. It maintains the dosing restrictions to .5% THC, but removes restrictions on all other CBDs. It also expands qualifying conditions to include all epilepsy and seizure disorders, multiple sclerosis,spasticity, terminal cancer, incurable neurological disorders (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s,Huntington’s, etc.), autism, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). It also requires a Compassionate Use Registry for doctor's to enter patients into and lays out some oversight rules. 

Between my first post and this one, the HHS Committee voted to advance it out of committee unanimously. So now it goes to the floor for votes. Unless we go into a special session all we have left this session is next week. So I imagine a lot of things will move fast.

I wish HB1365 would've been the one to move forward, because it allows for the State and Universities to setup marijuana research facilities, removes the arbitrary .5% limit, and would've expanded use to cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, autism, sickle cell anemia, Parkinson's disease, and allowed for "any other medical condition approved as a debilitating medical condition by department rule or any symptom caused by the treatment of a medical condition that is approved as a debilitating medical condition by department rule." 

HB1365 if passed would possibly have make me eligible. Oh well, maybe next session.

27 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

The one that addresses cbd is the industrial hemp bill I think (HB1325), that one already passed both the house and senate. The senate made some edits, which means it just needs the house to agree on the tracked changes, and then it'll go the governor's office for signing. Since it passed the house with large support, there is no reason to think it won't become law, unless the governor for some reason vetos it. 

HB3703 does expand on the Texas Compassionate Program. It maintains the dosing restrictions to .5% THC, but removes restrictions on all other CBDs. It also expands qualifying conditions to include all epilepsy and seizure disorders, multiple sclerosis,spasticity, terminal cancer, incurable neurological disorders (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s,Huntington’s, etc.), autism, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). It also requires a Compassionate Use Registry for doctor's to enter patients into and lays out some oversight rules. 

Between my first post and this one, the HHS Committee voted to advance it out of committee unanimously. So now it goes to the floor for votes. Unless we go into a special session all we have left this session is next week. So I imagine a lot of things will move fast.

I wish HB1365 would've been the one to move forward, because it allows for the State and Universities to setup marijuana research facilities, removes the arbitrary .5% limit, and would've expanded use to cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, autism, sickle cell anemia, Parkinson's disease, and allowed for "any other medical condition approved as a debilitating medical condition by department rule or any symptom caused by the treatment of a medical condition that is approved as a debilitating medical condition by department rule." 

HB1365 if passed would possibly have make me eligible. Oh well, maybe next session.

Texas won’t get any kind of real weed reform unless Patrick is dealt with or we get a democratic president who deschedules / makes it legal nationwide.

dan Patrick is an idiot. Way too conservative for the office he holds and way too conservative for Texas.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Texas won’t get any kind of real weed reform unless Patrick is dealt with or we get a democratic president who deschedules / makes it legal nationwide.

dan Patrick is an idiot. Way too conservative for the office he holds and way too conservative for Texas.

I don't disagree. He killed HB63, which passed the house. It was a reform bill to make possession only a misdemeanor with only a fine up to $500, and record expungement if you stay clean for a year. However, I don't see him killing these two bills , or else he would've killed it before it got a committee hearing. Every little bit helps though.

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Chubbing?

What a dumbass.

I guess it’s ok for him to kill legislation that comes from the house, but if it comes from the senate the house MUST pass it?  Only in your mind potty Patrick. This guy is an embarrassment to the whole state.

There's an electronic letter campaign to get some additional revisions to the medical marijuana bill for next week: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-your-senator-to-consider-veterans-by-adding-ptsd-to-hb3703?source=direct_link&

Abbot said he'd sign any bill on medical marijuana that comes before him:

http://educatingtexans.org/governor-abbott-confirmed-to-sign-any-medical-cannabis-expansion-bill-sent-to-his-desk-from-the-senate/

Edited by MillerEP

17 hours ago, MillerEP said:

There's an electronic letter campaign to get some additional revisions to the medical marijuana bill for next week: https://actionnetwork.org/letters/tell-your-senator-to-consider-veterans-by-adding-ptsd-to-hb3703?source=direct_link&

Abbot said he'd sign any bill on medical marijuana that comes before him:

http://educatingtexans.org/governor-abbott-confirmed-to-sign-any-medical-cannabis-expansion-bill-sent-to-his-desk-from-the-senate/

Hopefully something gets done.

im just ready for this legislative session to be over.  They’re not very enjoyable while potty Patrick is in office. I’d rather just be done with it. I hope we can get more democrats in there and maybe take control of the house. Bonnen is doing a great job tho. I don’t mind if he’s speaker the next 10 years or so.

Edited by Voldemort86