Official Surly - Texas At Kansas State Game Thread

Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Hey, just glad we got out of there with a win. 

From a not reading your own news clippings perspective that may be a good thing going into OU.  We got the win and there's lots of stuff to work on before next week.    

I assume you're 12 because nobody with any legitimate perspective would feel this way. Go look at K State's record before that man got there. He literally made that program and has the right to coach it as long as he wants barring a Paterno situation (which will never happen with him).
You misspelled IDOIT IDOIT.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hornian said:

Hager Harbour himself a 2nd half,  and he was getting held most of the game. Even my 70 year old dad with bad eyesight was yelling st the screen for a flag most of the game. It was a joke thT they never called KState for a penalty, but it is what it is. Fuck em. 

One thing Mack was good at was getting officials to respect his team. He would work the refs throughout the game and completely lose his cool at least once, usually in the first half, to set the stage for the rest of the game.

Edited by AeroHorn

There may not be a greater coach in the history of college football. I cannot think of another coach that took a worse program to as much success as Snyder. IIRC, K-State literally was the worse D-1 program before Snyder, and the university was about to shut it down. Snyder turned the Wildcats in the NC contenders for a few years and consistently a Big 8 / XII power.
Darrell K Royal you hampsterpenised git.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:
I assume you're 12 because nobody with any legitimate perspective would feel this way. Go look at K State's record before that man got there. He literally made that program and has the right to coach it as long as he wants barring a Paterno situation (which will never happen with him).

You misspelled IDOIT IDOIT.

I didn't want anyone to accidentally think I do it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, Kyle said:
There may not be a greater coach in the history of college football. I cannot think of another coach that took a worse program to as much success as Snyder. IIRC, K-State literally was the worse D-1 program before Snyder, and the university was about to shut it down. Snyder turned the Wildcats in the NC contenders for a few years and consistently a Big 8 / XII power.

Darrell K Royal you hampsterpenised git.

LOL. Touché!

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Hager Harbour himself a 2nd half,  and he was getting held most of the game. Even my 70 year old dad with bad eyesight was yelling st the screen for a flag most of the game. It was a joke thT they never called KState for a penalty, but it is what it is. Fuck em. 

I told my wife to watch a non-call hold on a replay, and she immediately spotted a second blatant hold by another KSU OL. 

just like the Tulsa game, big lead then uncomfortably close at the end against a terrible opponent. Seems that the coaches just want to cruise to the finish line without effort. 
It's the Mack Brown coaching tree. Get a lead then go conservative to keep it. Mack also liked to come back to trail by less than 3, get into FG range, then go conservative and win on a last-second FG. It's the low-risk 2nd half approach instead of continuing to put up points.

17 minutes ago, Modessit said:
6 hours ago, NowThis said:
just like the Tulsa game, big lead then uncomfortably close at the end against a terrible opponent. Seems that the coaches just want to cruise to the finish line without effort. 

It's the Mack Brown coaching tree. Get a lead then go conservative to keep it. Mack also liked to come back to trail by less than 3, get into FG range, then go conservative and win on a last-second FG. It's the low-risk 2nd half approach instead of continuing to put up points.

The "NFL model" of college coaching.  I think if you asked a lot of coaches the ideal score for a game it would be 14-10 or 17-14...

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

I just said this out loud five times.

I wish I could say I was drunk. But it's just auto correct escapades.

Should have said "Hager had himself a 2nd half." Don't know why my iPhone decided to insert some gratuitously capitalized non sequitur in there. 

The team that averaged ~40 points/game for 10 years?

K-State was on the entire field.  Beck wanted them to get off of half of it. 

I like how headphones backed away from Beck but once Beck’s back was turned and his friends were there to hold him back he started getting tough. Fuck them. Fuck their coach.

• immamac unfeatured this topic