3 qtrs and zero flags

Rockethorn1978

25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the thing that bugs me the most is that it always appears they are looking to throw flags on us, not that the calls on us are bad, and they are actively looking the other way on obvious calls on the opponent.

The 1st DPI was complete BS, their WR tripped by himself. They also had OPI in the EZ on the last play before half, which is why their TE was so wide open. The WR was clearly blocking Davis.

What's even more amazing is they didn't even attempt to review the fumble on the kick off.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The 1st DPI was complete BS, their WR tripped by himself. They also had OPI in the EZ on the last play before half, which is why their TE was so wide open. The WR was clearly blocking Davis.

What's even more amazing is they didn't even attempt to review the fumble on the kick off.

I should have been more clear.  I'm talking more in general over the past few years. as for today, yes KSU ran a pick play, 1st DPI was horseshit.

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Something need to be done about this horribly under thrown ball DPI call that Texas keeps falling victim to.

well.... if Boyd would 

A.  Stop getting burned worse than toast

B. stop running into a stopped WR waiting on the underthrown ducks thrown by our opponent

C. Turn the fuck around so that even if you do run into the WR, the PI being called is so much harder

we might not have the fucking PI's called against us

• Like 3

Hager’s Shoulder pads must be permanently fused in an “up” position from all the holds he was subject to. 

There was one play where he was held by the shoulder pads, did a spin move to get out of the hold, and the OL literally bear hugged him. No flag. 

Edited by hornian
  • Like 1

They missed some obvious holding/false start calls on K-State's OL. All you want is consistency and they weren't consistent.

Most of the penalties were warranted against Texas outside of the bullshit PI call but the lack of calls against K-State was egregious. Going into halftime I'm almost positive Hager was talking to some of the refs about being held. On the play where Wheeler was called for defensive holding Hager was livid that there was't a holding call against K-State's OL. 

Edited by texasstrong12

28 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

They were ticky tack on some of the stuff they called Texas for too. That hold by wheeler, the PI on DD, offsides.

huh??

offsides is offsides, doesnt fucking matter if he's got a toe offsides, or his whole body.  That rule is pretty fucking clear. 

The Wheeler hold wasnt ticky tack either- he dragged down the running back who was coming out of the backfield, and going to be wide open.  The RB in that situation is a live receiver, and being dragged down is the definition of defensive holding.

I agree the DPI when the Kstate player tripped was bullshit. 

I also agree with the premise that something is amiss when Kstate was literally using the entire length of their arms to grab our players by the throat to keep them from getting to the QB and not one of the 3 times I saw that was called. 

14 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Lol Herman just now. 

"We've got to do a better job of drawing flags. Other teams are doing good jobs on us with it. I've got to do a better job teaching it. Drawing flags. "

This is when I like the assholness of Herman tbh. Mack & Strong would never say this. I’m fed up with getting the sh*t end from the refs all the time. The safety vs USC was the only time I remember recently something egregiously going our way

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Surprised this isn't getting more talk. 

Zero penalties. That' shit is unheard of. We shot ourselves in the foot plenty this game but for fucks sake how obvious can this shit get before something is done?

look how many penalties that kstate got against everyone but us; they went from one of the most penalized to nothing? it's absolute bullshit

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

The safety vs USC was the only time I remember recently something egregiously going our way

Iowa State and Oklahoma State both remember "fumbles" that weren't, and that's just in recent memory.

I grant you that Big XII refs seem to have a hard on for screwing Texas (that's hardly disputable, at this point), but just in general, bad calls have a way of eventually evening out, because they do happen to everyone and for everyone if you get a large enough sample size.