Perpetual Middle East Geopolitical Quagmire Megathread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

In this particular case, it's because no one has any fucking idea what the plan is.  When no one knows what is going on, it's really easy to make mistakes, and difficult for anyone to quality check it before it gets sent out.  Somebody sent it, and that somebody thought it was the plan.  Because it's anyone's guess what the plan is. 

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

All they're saying is that it was the DoD and was an unsigned draft.

Any relation to Esper's chief of staff bailing this month?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/477002-espers-chief-of-staff-to-depart-at-end-of-january

This whole thing sounds like Trump said "fuck it, pull them out", and so shit rolled downhill to that Marine General, and then somebody at the DOD had a panic attack and wanted to back the truck up.

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

If they get Trump in an attack on mar-a-lago, I might have to convert to Islam.

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

If they take out Florida in the process, you got me. Which way is Mecca? 

28 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I remember the day I found myself rooting AGAINST the University of Texas Football team.

Same thing happening here.

As a moderate, decided to take a trip into the political forum to see what the take was on the Iran situation. All I can say is that was a mistake, wtf is wrong with you all, really disgraceful stuff here.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

As a moderate, decided to take a trip into the political forum to see what the take was on the Iran situation. All I can say is that was a mistake, wtf is wrong with you all, really disgraceful stuff here.

giphy.gif

Sorry to hurt your feelings man, but let me get this straight, you're upset with me because I'm not rooting for the US to commit war crimes?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Is this how people talk here? Three people openly rooting against the USA? Im out

giphy.gif

Yes, people here openly hope the United States of America doesn't commit war crimes and/or set off a global conflict which will lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

I understand if you can't handle that. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Don't forget to fuck yourself on the way out.

Just now, Foosters said:

Yes, people here openly hope the United States of America doesn't commit war crimes and/or set off a global conflict which will lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

Last comment Im making, one person just wished death on a president and the other hoped a whole state would get massacred. Im happy to leave. Get a grip. 

• Fuck You 7

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Is this how people talk here? Three people openly rooting against the USA? Im out

giphy.gif

Wrong. And make it 4. We’re opening rooting to get a traitor out of office. And to fuck up his ill gotten profiteering off our tax dollars. You are either for the United States or for trump. They are no longer the same team 

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Foosters said:

But he’s a MODERATE

• Like 6

Just now, formermav43 said:

I’m much more upset that you found yourself rooting against Texas myself.

Hey, I was as surprised as you. It was Charlie Strong's team vs Kansas.  Knowing what we know now, I'd probably paint myself in red and blue and buy a ticket to the game if I could do it over again.

7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Last comment Im making, one person just wished death on a president and the other hoped a whole state would get massacred. Im happy to leave. Get a grip. 

Considering he favors torturing children, he deserves it. 

• Fuck You 1

22 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

UnsungElegantCrane-size_restricted.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Thanks for stopping by to tell us how moderate and reasonable you are.

Maybe next time you stop by you can tell us how big your dick is.

You and your contributions will be missed.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

As a moderate

Major mistake all trumpkins make by trying to appear normal and balanced by telling you up front they're normal and balanced. Always saying things like "I didn't vote for trump but..." or "I voted for Obama in 2008 but" or my favorite when they try to place blame for their stupidity on others with shit like "I might vote for democrats against trump but".

I have no idea why all these idiots do this but they all do, and thankfully it makes it easy to spot them right away. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

hoped a whole state would get massacred. Im happy to leave. Get a grip. 

For the sake of transparency, I'm the guy who offered the Prime Minister of Canada a trade: Michigan for British Columbia, straight up. 

So I understand the state specific loathing. 

Has this shit been posted? Should we dust off the old internment camp plans? Holy shit, what disgusting people in this administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/06/us/border-iranians-washington-patrol.html

Iranian-Americans Questioned at the Border: ‘My Kids Shouldn’t Experience Such Things’

Up to 200 people were held by border agents, with some of them reportedly asked to share their opinions about the situation in Iran and Iraq.

Spoiler

SEATTLE — Arriving at the United States border in Washington State early Sunday morning after a skiing trip to Canada, Negah Hekmati and her family were pulled out of line for further questioning by Customs and Border Protection agents.

The family found itself in a room filled with fellow Iranian-Americans, many of whom had already been held for hours. The agents wanted to know the identities of Ms. Hekmati’s parents, siblings, uncles and cousins. Her husband, a software engineer at Microsoft, was asked about any military service in his past. The agents left, and then came back with more questions.

During the five overnight hours they were held at the Peace Arch Border Crossing on their way back home to the Seattle area, Ms. Hekmati said, her 5-year-old would not sleep, worried about the prospect of jail. The young girl asked Ms. Hekmati to stop speaking Farsi, hoping that might help avoid further scrutiny.

“My kids shouldn’t experience such things,” Ms. Hekmati said. “They are U.S. citizens. This is not O.K.”

More than 100 people of Iranian descent appear to have faced similar delays at Washington’s border with Canada over the weekend, a process Gov. Jay Inslee described on Monday as the inappropriate “detention” of people — some of them United States citizens — who had done nothing wrong.

“I don’t think there’s any reason that is rational — and certainly constitutional — to target people based on the place of their birth,” Mr. Inslee said in an interview. “It’s pretty clear that that’s what they did here.”

The stepped-up border screenings came in the wake of an American drone strike on Friday that killed a powerful Iranian general, Qassim Suleimani, and spurred promises of revenge from Iran’s supreme leader.

Customs and Border Protection officials insisted that no one was detained or refused entry “because of their country of origin.” However, border agents often require people seeking admittance at the border to undergo a process known as secondary screening — which appears to have occurred in Washington, and in lesser numbers at other ports of entry.

A half-dozen people of Iranian descent who were held for additional questioning in Washington described extensive questioning about their family and background, even though, like Ms. Hekmati, many were American citizens. One woman said she was asked to write down the name of the high school she graduated from in Iran 39 years ago. Another person was asked about his parents’ military service from before the 1979 Iranian Revolution. Others were asked to identify details about their Facebook accounts.

Edited by horncyclist

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

I mean, I think what I was trying to say is that I hope we can all--liberals, conservatives and even MODERATES-- agree we'd be better off without Florida. Though, they have some nice beaches. Maybe they can leave the beaches. 

Seriously... We have Oklahoma Man. We wouldn't even miss Florida. 

27 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Has this shit been posted? Should we dust off the old internment camp plans? Holy shit, what disgusting people in this administration.

Iranian-Americans Questioned at the Border: ‘My Kids Shouldn’t Experience Such Things’

Up to 200 people were held by border agents, with some of them reportedly asked to share their opinions about the situation in Iran and Iraq.

Reveal hidden contents

SEATTLE — Arriving at the United States border in Washington State early Sunday morning after a skiing trip to Canada, Negah Hekmati and her family were pulled out of line for further questioning by Customs and Border Protection agents.

The family found itself in a room filled with fellow Iranian-Americans, many of whom had already been held for hours. The agents wanted to know the identities of Ms. Hekmati’s parents, siblings, uncles and cousins. Her husband, a software engineer at Microsoft, was asked about any military service in his past. The agents left, and then came back with more questions.

During the five overnight hours they were held at the Peace Arch Border Crossing on their way back home to the Seattle area, Ms. Hekmati said, her 5-year-old would not sleep, worried about the prospect of jail. The young girl asked Ms. Hekmati to stop speaking Farsi, hoping that might help avoid further scrutiny.

“My kids shouldn’t experience such things,” Ms. Hekmati said. “They are U.S. citizens. This is not O.K.”

More than 100 people of Iranian descent appear to have faced similar delays at Washington’s border with Canada over the weekend, a process Gov. Jay Inslee described on Monday as the inappropriate “detention” of people — some of them United States citizens — who had done nothing wrong.

“I don’t think there’s any reason that is rational — and certainly constitutional — to target people based on the place of their birth,” Mr. Inslee said in an interview. “It’s pretty clear that that’s what they did here.”

The stepped-up border screenings came in the wake of an American drone strike on Friday that killed a powerful Iranian general, Qassim Suleimani, and spurred promises of revenge from Iran’s supreme leader.

Customs and Border Protection officials insisted that no one was detained or refused entry “because of their country of origin.” However, border agents often require people seeking admittance at the border to undergo a process known as secondary screening — which appears to have occurred in Washington, and in lesser numbers at other ports of entry.

A half-dozen people of Iranian descent who were held for additional questioning in Washington described extensive questioning about their family and background, even though, like Ms. Hekmati, many were American citizens. One woman said she was asked to write down the name of the high school she graduated from in Iran 39 years ago. Another person was asked about his parents’ military service from before the 1979 Iranian Revolution. Others were asked to identify details about their Facebook accounts.

Yes, it's been posted.  And yes, we are monsters.

26 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Hide contents

Welcome to the club! Getting harassed by government authorities because you're Latino is a rite of passage in Texas. Now you get to feel the dehumanizing treatment too 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Major mistake all trumpkins make by trying to appear normal and balanced by telling you up front they're normal and balanced. Always saying things like "I didn't vote for trump but..." or "I voted for Obama in 2008 but" or my favorite when they try to place blame for their stupidity on others with shit like "I might vote for democrats against trump but".

I have no idea why all these idiots do this but they all do, and thankfully it makes it easy to spot them right away. 

It's the modern day "I have black friends..." 

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

I mean, I think what I was trying to say is that I hope we can all--liberals, conservatives and even MODERATES-- agree we'd be better off without Florida. Though, they have some nice beaches. Maybe they can leave the beaches. 

Aw, that dumb bastard should probably boycott bugs bunny too, for wishing Florida would go away.  Whaaa!

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWBuck said:

For the sake of transparency, I'm the guy who offered the Prime Minister of Canada a trade: Michigan for British Columbia, straight up. 

So I understand the state specific loathing. 

Hell, I say give 'em Ohio and Illionkis if they'll toss in The Yukon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Will @Iconoclast Texan still be praising the dotard as he and his family are placed in internment camps?

We already got a lecture from Immamac yesterday about @ing him. Apparently, he can’t see these posts in here as he’s been completely locked out.

Still, though, you’re not wrong to point out his utter stupidity and how we all predicted he and his kinsmen would eventually become targets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Hide contents

that's pretty crazy.  the specificity of the peace arch border crossing makes me think there's intelligence they're acting on and it'd be a significant arrest in preventing something from happening. 

So taxpayers now have to pay for upgraded  security at all trump properties ?

Fuck that! Trump is a self declared tough guy and his two mongoloid sons have ample firearm arsenals - those bitches can gear up and defend their own bedbug infested garish shitpiles.

(It’s extremely tacky of me but I sincerely hope the Trump properties overseas are top of the list targets for terrorists. Trump won’t give a gotdamn if an American embassy is attacked. But he’ll stroke out if a precious Trump Tower is targeted. Let the Tangerine Turd get hit where it hurts.)
  • Like 2

Sorry for the multiple posts in a row - I was catching up on the thread and replying as I went.

But question on this bullshittery amnesty for Icono.

How come he was allowed FOR MONTHS to spew his hatred and violent thoughts and nonsense but when he got almost unanimous condemnation and pushback, he was alllowed to bitch out? And be protected by the admins?

He literally made statements that, as a “good brown person”, he would never have to worry about what he called fear mongering and scare tactics about where the racist policies of the Trump administration would eventually lead.

And now we have edicts from the administration stating their intent to detain and interrogate visitors, immigrants, and citizens of Iranian descent. Fulfilling the predictions many of us made that Icono laughed off while accusing us of being hysterical and claiming he would happily step into the coming detainee camps to prove what a “good American” he is.

All that to say, why the blue fuck are we not “allowed” to call him out now?

Too bad he snowflaked out of the CR but it’s truly horseshit that his disgusting ass is being shielded from our right to scream “We told you so”.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Man, I missed all that drama. But count me in in the group that hopes like hell he gets deatined for hours and has to miss a Texans playoff game or something.

no chance at getting detained.  that tailor fit makes you more elusive than a 70's tear away