Perpetual Middle East Geopolitical Quagmire Megathread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ignoring the tweeter's comments, this is the second near collision between Russian and American ships. Some aggressive boating going on here?

I know when people tailgate me I slow down or brake check. What is the boating equivalent?

11 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Not if you're a liberal

That fancy mustard, black guy president was a liberal and he killed a shit ton of terrorists and everyone standing next to them.  It only took one spicy mustard enthusiast for conservatives to shift from imperialist domination in the middle east to a rigid isolationist stance in 9 years.  Within a single decade they changed their entire foreign policy from one extreme position to the extreme opposite.  Stability and consistency hasn't been a strength with most of those guys.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

That fancy mustard, black guy president was a liberal and he killed a shit ton of terrorists and everyone standing next to them.  It only took one spicy mustard enthusiast for conservatives to shift from imperialist domination in the middle east to a rigid isolationist stance in 9 years.  Within a single decade they changed their entire foreign policy from one extreme position to the extreme opposite.  Stability and consistency hasn't been a strength with most of those guys.

Spicy mustard...hilarious

10 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The Fox News/Ben Shapiro neo-con holdouts are using Iran's aggression toward protesters as a reason for being more aggressive with Iran.  There are about ten thousand people in the world who would make tons of money from a full scale war with Iran while it would cost everyone else literally everything.  The fallacy within their argument is that they are willing to carpet bomb the Iranians who are standing up to their government because they're expressing their sympathy with those killed in a Ukrainian plane.  "See!  This is why we should be killing everyone in this country!"  To them, the most humanizing displays of young Iranians is propaganda for killing Iranians.  Stupidity and death is the predominant influence today.  

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

The Fox News/Ben Shapiro neo-con holdouts are using Iran's aggression toward protesters as a reason for being more aggressive with Iran.  There are about ten thousand people in the world who would make tons of money from a full scale war with Iran while it would cost everyone else literally everything.  The fallacy within their argument is that they are willing to carpet bomb the Iranians who are standing up to their government because they're expressing their sympathy with those killed in a Ukrainian plane.  "See!  This is why we should be killing everyone in this country!"  To them, the most humanizing displays of young Iranians is propaganda for killing Iranians.  Stupidity and death is the predominant influence today.  

45 minutes ago, Chooky said:

The Fox News/Ben Shapiro neo-con holdouts are using Iran's aggression toward protesters as a reason for being more aggressive with Iran...

To them, the most humanizing displays of young Iranians is propaganda for killing Iranians.  Stupidity and death is the predominant influence today.  

And yet they are the first to wish for firm and assertive responses to protests and disruptive actions in this country. 

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

What I particularly enjoy are their asinine questions about "will CNN cover this?" or "will we see this in the MSM?", which 1) imply the answer (no, you will not, because they are biased commies who don't tell the truth), 2) not only get it wrong (CNN and other outlets WILL cover the story, but actually get it wrong AT THE TIME THEY POST IT.  For example, CNN has significant coverage of the protests in Iran.

But the Trumpkins who eat this shit up will take the implication as fact -- CNN COVERS IRAN HATING 'MURICA, BUT WON'T COVER PEOPLE PROTESTING IRAN -- and even better, when you send them the link to the CNN coverage, they come up with some weasel path of "well, it took 'em long enough!" (without bothering to see that the story was picked up right away), or some shit like that.

Lies, merchants of lies, and eager gluttonous consumers of lies.  That's the entirety of this phenomenon of fucktardedness that runs our country now.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What I particularly enjoy are their asinine questions about "will CNN cover this?" or "will we see this in the MSM?", which 1) imply the answer (no, you will not, because they are biased commies who don't tell the truth), 2) not only get it wrong (CNN and other outlets WILL cover the story, but actually get it wrong AT THE TIME THEY POST IT.  For example, CNN has significant coverage of the protests in Iran.

But the Trumpkins who eat this shit up will take the implication as fact -- CNN COVERS IRAN HATING 'MURICA, BUT WON'T COVER PEOPLE PROTESTING IRAN -- and even better, when you send them the link to the CNN coverage, they come up with some weasel path of "well, it took 'em long enough!" (without bothering to see that the story was picked up right away), or some shit like that.

Lies, merchants of lies, and eager gluttonous consumers of lies.  That's the entirety of this phenomenon of fucktardedness that runs our country now.

Commies

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

What's fantastic is that even after multiple posted videos of CNN covering the protests the very next response will be a complaint about how CNN won't cover the protest.  Blunt, stark reality to the contrary just 15 inches from their face is still not a deterrent to their compulsion to run with what they'd rather be true.  

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You are talking about the same media that was sucking off the crowd attending fucknuts funeral the other day (while covering the funeral live in some cases) and not pointing out that when the Iranian government tells you to go to a funeral you go to the funeral or else the next funeral you go to is yours.  No one on ABC bothered to tell their audience that the "protection" the Iranian government was giving Marsha Radatz were members of Iranian intelligence who were identifying and taking down exactly who she was interviewing and what they were telling her.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

You are talking about the same media that was sucking off the crowd attending fucknuts funeral the other day (while covering the funeral live in some cases) and not pointing out that when the Iranian government tells you to go to a funeral you go to the funeral or else the next funeral you go to is yours.  No one on ABC bothered to tell their audience that the "protection" the Iranian government was giving Marsha Radatz were members of Iranian intelligence who were identifying and taking down exactly who she was interviewing and what they were telling her.

Good try at misdirection. I’ll remain focused on your lies. They’re a fat target.

20 hours ago, Chooky said:

...  It only took one spicy mustard enthusiast for conservatives to shift from imperialist domination in the middle east to a rigid isolationist stance in 9 years.  ...

What?  Throughout the entirety of Obama's two terms the neocon wing of the Republican party was beating the drums for war with Iran, Syria, et al.  Did you even watch any gop primary debates?  

4 hours ago, bernorange said:

What?  Throughout the entirety of Obama's two terms the neocon wing of the Republican party was beating the drums for war with Iran, Syria, et al.  Did you even watch any gop primary debates?  

I did watch the primary debates.  When they weren't discussing the correlation between hand size and dicks, it was Trump telling Jeb Bush that his brother was an idiot for immersing the country in Iraq.  And now that the GOP inadvertently whispered to so many nationalist assholes hell bent on absolutist isolationism most of the party now pretends that they agree with that, even thought there's video of them promoting a now very unpopular invasion in Iraq.  And now when Trump saber rattles in the Middle East they pretend they're on board with that, too.  Until they aren't.  Their foreign policy notions are now tethered to the wild pendulum of a whimsical dipshit and they believe whatever he believes.  Until he doesn't believe in it.  Then they just believe that.  It's a moment to moment foreign policy philosophy.  Whatever random, drug-addled, contradictory flatulence that emits from Trump's broken mouth from one day to the next is now their position.  Of course they feel comfortable with a war against Iran.  It's a more natural default setting for them.  Until it isn't.     

6 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Don is playing Iran perfect so far.  Much to the chagrin of the media and lunatics on this board.  

Last weekend, I was teaching my kid how to play blackjack. I dealt him a 20. He looked at his cards and said, "Hit me." Of course, I tried to explain to him that he has a really good hand already and if he decides to hit, he's almost guaranteed to bust, which is a terrible outcome. He insisted that he wanted to hit, so I gave him one more card. And of course, he drew an ace. Now he thinks hitting on 20 is a great idea.

I just thought I would share that story.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Last weekend, I was teaching my kid how to play blackjack. I dealt him a 20. He looked at his cards and said, "Hit me." Of course, I tried to explain to him that he has a really good hand already and if he decides to hit, he's almost guaranteed to bust, which is a terrible outcome. He insisted that he wanted to hit, so I gave him one more card. And of course, he drew an ace. Now he thinks hitting on 20 is a great idea.

I just thought I would share that story.

Have you taught him to Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Have you taught him to Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Negged for bringing The_Donald and 4Chan troll jargon to this board.  

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

You pussies neg for everything you don't agree with and have turned this board into the leftist version of Texags politics.

Except plenty of us aren't leftists.

And it's not a bad thing taking the opposite tack of TexAgs - for fuck's sake, they are into the Qanon shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It isn't the opposite of Texags.  It is Texags.  Just for the left.

If it were TexAgs, there would be multiple threads created every day on the same topic by people too fucking stupid and lazy to use the search, and the mods would constantly be deleting threads that didn't please said mods.

So no, it's not TexAgs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it were TexAgs, there would be multiple threads created every day on the same topic by people too fucking stupid and lazy to use the search, and the mods would constantly be deleting threads that didn't please said mods.

So no, it's not TexAgs.

It's like Texags without the moderation, so more like Lord of the Flies

• Like 1

J. Sack---I resent that.  I am far from a leftist.  I spend a good chunk of my week trying to inflict defeat on the Democratic Party.  

There are a lot of us non-Democrats on Cloak Room that rally around simple point---President Trump is a lying piece of human fecal matter.  And he's hurting the GOP, he's hurting the country, and he's hurting the planet while he's taking 62 million easily manipulated morons down with him.  I'd look forward to laughing at the bewildered looks on the faces of his supporters when he's either removed from office, dies in office, or is defeated in November...while many more millions take the streets to celebrate his no longer being in office---but when the former Director of the CIA tells you he's worried there'll be mass shootings at those types of anti-Trump rallies if he's dead/defeated/removed...then my attitude has shifted from get the man out of office to placate his supporters for the time-being because we're gonna have to figure out what to do with many of them once he's gone. 

Most of you are smart enough to just pick up and move on, maybe support the next Republican, or whatever.  But a good 20-30 million, the truly afflicted among his base, they're gonna be a multi-generation issue for our country.  They'll make dealing homelessness or opioid addicts look like a cake-walk.  I hate big government more than you could possibly know, but we're gonna have to think about a setting up some kind of tracking system to watch what these morons do for the next several years.  When your boyhood hero, Trump, is long gone...it's his batshit base that worries me.  It even worries the FBI already.  It worries more serious people in very serious ways than I think you understand.  That's not hyperbole, most fanatical bases like this disperse by order of their conquerors.  The problem with us is, there'll be no Marshall Plan.  We just have to go back to living among one another like nothing happened, and that...is simply not going to be the reality.  I can deal with some shit-talking online, but there are going to be dire real-world repercussions when Trump is long gone.  As I said, most of you will move on responsibly.  But for some of his minions, their real last stand has only just begun.  

Plus the other reason I like hanging out in CR now more than I did under Obama (or whatever we called it on TOS)...is the humor.  If you can get past some of the lame attempts of Hugo, JS1, et. al.  There's some really funny shit over here, some of which was posted by me.  Biff inspired me to do a Seinfeld crossover where Trump is basically an evil-Kramerica, Inc.  I thought it killed.  Anyway, there's obviously a lot of anti-GOP sentiment over here (and at least the parts of it that discuss how that party has completely sold itself out to appease this dipshit) that gets old real quick.  But the most of these threads are simply started by a factual record of something that Trump said or did, and then we just go from there.  As silly as we get with some of the material, it is sadly some of the more fact-based political commentary you're gonna see in the United States today.  

52 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yep..  lol..  It's an echo chamber for the dozen posters who post here.  But containment is a good thing...

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Really dumb take sack my man. Texags is moderated like it’s servers are in North Korea.

Plus if you posted there like you do here, but just pretended to a lib instead, you would have been banned from texags a long time ago.  Here you are welcome to post your super dumb takes all you want all day long. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

J. Sack---I resent that.  I am far from a leftist.  I spend a good chunk of my week trying to inflict defeat on the Democratic Party.  

There are a lot of us non-Democrats on Cloak Room that rally around simple point---President Trump is a lying piece of human fecal matter.[/quote]

Bush I--"Read my lips, no new taxes."

Bush II-"Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction."

And he's hurting the GOP,

Then why does he have an over 90% approval rating with Republicans?  The only GOP he is hurting are the establishment do-nothing parasites that have buried their heads into the Beltway muck like Mitt Romney.

he's hurting the country,

Stock market at all time high, unemployment lowest in ages particularly among minorities, wage income increasing for the first time in over a decade.  If that is hurting the country then may I have another.

and he's hurting the planet while he's taking 62 million easily manipulated morons down with him.  I'd look forward to laughing at the bewildered looks on the faces of his supporters when he's either removed from office, dies in office, or is defeated in November...while many more millions take the streets to celebrate his no longer being in office---but when the former Director of the CIA tells you he's worried there'll be mass shootings at those types of anti-Trump rallies if he's dead/defeated/removed...then my attitude has shifted from get the man out of office to placate his supporters for the time-being because we're gonna have to figure out what to do with many of them once he's gone.

Oh yeah, quote anyone involved with the CIA about Trump.  That is like getting the opinion of anyone on this forum about Texas A&M or Oklahoma football.  The fucking CIA was helping spy on him before he ever became president.  Getting the CIA's opinion on Trump is like getting CNN's opinion on Trump.

Most of you are smart enough to just pick up and move on, maybe support the next Republican, or whatever.  But a good 20-30 million, the truly afflicted among his base, they're gonna be a multi-generation issue for our country.  They'll make dealing homelessness or opioid addicts look like a cake-walk.  I hate big government more than you could possibly know, but we're gonna have to think about a setting up some kind of tracking system to watch what these morons do for the next several years.  When your boyhood hero, Trump, is long gone...it's his batshit base that worries me.  It even worries the FBI already.  It worries more serious people in very serious ways than I think you understand.  That's not hyperbole,

Actually it is the very definition of hyperbole.  And again you use the FBI as a source.  The same FBI that was trying to set up Trump before he was elected, before he was inaugurated, and immediately after he took office.  Your claim is that according to the Hatfields the McCoys worry more serious people in very serious ways.

Trump won Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania in 2016.  If the Republican establishment is so superior to him then why were they unable to win those states.  I will tell you why.  For a span of around 25 years Republican presidential candidates were synonymous with staleness.  Bush, Dole, more Bush, even more Bush, McCain, Romney--a menu blander than Irish food.  First Bush was able to ride Reagan's coattails to win some of those states once, second Bush managed to eke out elections without those states but demographics have shifted some purple to red states like Virginia and Colorado to solid blue.  The Republican establishment issue with Trump is that he is not bland.  He is not stale.  Why in the hell do you think the Republican Party got the reputation and stereotype of being dominated and ran by bland, stale, boring, old white men?  The establishment Republicans hate Trump because he has proven that Republicans can no longer win elections by running the same type of campaign these political fossils have been determined to run since the invention of FM radio.  He has escorted in their irrelevance in the political world and they detest him for this.  They have no one but themselves to blame for their lack of political evolution. 

Edited by EMAWesome
  • Fuck You 1