OU Tix-Dumb Question

Armypilot

The wedging in thing worked when there were large blocks for groups like fraternities.  You were only inconveniencing your friends, and they were cool with it.  That said, if $100 was all I had, I’d be happy to watch the game from the concourse in the endzone.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:47 PM, conVINCEd said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve done it, but it used to be a don’t ask, don’t tell deal.  If you were unsuccessful, you could always go try a different gate.

One year, I bet a buddy a beer that I could get in without handing them my ticket. I had a ticket but that I could just nonchalantly walk in. I did it.  Just walked right in, right past them. Mainly by having a conversation with him. I"ve done it another time too. Both times I've had tickets but this isn't the Secret Service running the gates.

The last 4-5 years my tickets have been around the 20 yard line in the last 5-10 rows of lower level.  I've noticed that some people stand behind the last row on the ramps and watch the game.  No idea if they had tickets or not, but that always seemed like a decent place to watch game if you didn't.  Decent view, in shade, and quick trip to bathrooms/concessions.

It's a seating diagram of the stadium, some legalese about drinking and if you lose the ticket, you're fucked.

At the bottom it says Stadium Admission Stub which is perforated. Beneath that it says Fair Grounds Admission Stub which is also perforated. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's a seating diagram of the stadium, some legalese about drinking and if you lose the ticket, you're fucked.

At the bottom it says Stadium Admission Stub which is perforated. Beneath that it says Fair Grounds Admission Stub which is also perforated. 

Mdmost, do you enjoy sitting upstairs in the endzone with your family enough for tickets on the cheaper end of the spectrum?

On 9/30/2018 at 10:30 AM, Armypilot said:

I wouldn’t know how to even check with any Texas exes.....i came to Surly as my only hope.  Maybe its not in the cards this year.  I just have a hard time justifying paying 800-1000 for four when my two kids are just there for the pageantry.  They will have their orange and horns up, but they are equally as into the band and Bevo and cheer leaders as they are the team.  

I need to figure out if its worth even treking to the fairgrounds to try.  

Yeah I've been to 30 or so TXou games, but I'm having a hard time justifying the prices any more, even at like $150/ticket. Internet has just completely changed (read: 'fucked') the ticket market.

23 minutes ago, wood said:

So, anyone tried slipping the ticket-taker some money lately instead of a ticket?

Err ... my bad. Thought I had read the whole thread already. Been up since 3am & it's been a long day and I can't find tix and my vag hurts....so, yeah.

I'm tempted to try this and report back. It's just me & the wife (no pics, assholes). And no, we would not be the asshole dipshits trying to wedge into your seats. I fucking hate that bullshit. There are lots of good places to stand behind the seats.

Edited by wood

24 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Is that where we sat last year? Nothing wrong with those

No, I think we were 116, closer to the middle of the endzone. We’re more in the corner this year. But I haven’t had any complaints about our seats. I don’t mind the upper level because you get a nice breeze up there

22 minutes ago, wood said:

Err ... my bad. Thought I had read the whole thread already. Been up since 3am & it's been a long day and I can't find tix and my vag hurts....so, yeah.

I'm tempted to try this and report back. It's just me & the wife (no pics, assholes). And no, we would not be the asshole dipshits trying to wedge into your seats. I fucking hate that bullshit. There are lots of good places to stand behind the seats.

I am doing it. The concourse behind the endzone isn't bad. 

Right that wasn't directed to you. Just saying that wedging into seats that aren't yours in a sold out packed stadium is bush league crap.

I have taken my 8 & 11 year old girls to games but not this game, certainly wouldn't pay $200+ a ticket for them either. Gonna take them to the fair on Sunday when it's less crowded.

My kids have been going with me since they were 5 or so. It’s just been me and them since they were 8 and 9. I’d rather go with them than the ex any day.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, wood said:

Buddy recommended this, but I’m not going to try it. I can guarantee you section 115, row 31 seats 15-16 are open because my wife threw away my damn tickets. Good luck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orange dream said:

ok, so let's have an update on the $100 handshake success rate...

ou SUX!!!

Got told no by 3 guys cause they said they were being watched. One dude told me he would do it for 160. I then found a ticket 5 minutes before kickoff for 120 in section 109

• Like 1